Best vs Better

Love Stood Still

 

"What is it Pie?" Her mom ask as she approached her sitting in the sofa

 

Pie smiled, "Just thinking about things mom."

 

Her mom sat beside her, "Is it about Kim?"

 

Pie nods, "And Van."

 

Her mom held her hand, "How much time Kim needed for you to give her a decision?"

 

Pie smiled, "She didn't ask for it. Van does. I spoke with him over the phone earlier."

 

"How much time Van needed then?"

 

Pie faces her mom. "He actually asked for a month, I say its too difficult to decide in such a rush. I gave him 3 months."

 

"So Kim will have to wait for 3 months too.."

 

Pie nods. "I'm confused mom.." She hugs her mom

 

"Don't worry Pie.. You're matured enough. I know you can handle this.. Just.." Her mom faces her, "Listen to your heart."

 

Pie smiled. "Thanks mom.. I know it would be better sharing things like this with you.."

 

Her mom smiled, "When we lost your dad, it feels like I was dragged in death together with him.. Feels like I'm gonna lose my mind. But I have you.. What will you do without me? Who will be listening to your heartaches like this if I'm gone.."

 

Pie hugs her mom. "Oh mom.. Stop that. It's okay. I'm a big girl now. But It's not like you have to leave. I'm saying you dont need to worry about me.."

 

Her mom smiled, "I wish you never have to get through this Pie.. When you're hurt, I am too."

 

Pie smiled. "I wont show you I'm hurting then."

 

Her mom smiled, "I will still know.."

 

Pie giggles. "Hahaha you're my mom.."

 

Car beeps

 

"Oh, I guess it's Van.." Her mom said as they stood up

 

Pie nods. "See you in the dining Pie.. I'll prepare the food." 

 

"Okay mom.." Pie said as she heads to the door

 

Van smiled as he see her, "Hello Pie. This is for you.." He hands the flowers

 

Pie smiled, "Thanks Van.. Please come in."

 

Van nods & they head to the corridor. "I'm glad you invite me in. So glad to see you again.."

 

"Well yeah, I just thought I should make it up to you.."

 

"Aw Pie, you don't have to.."

 

"Van.."

 

Van faces her. "What happened to us Van?" Pie asked

 

Van hesitantly asked.. "M-Maybe.. I was just too busy to noticed that you were gone already even before I.. started fighting for you."

 

"Do you have regrets?"

 

Van awkwardly smiled. "I do.. B-But.. It was out of my luck. Well, i tried to take you back but it was too late.."

 

"Maybe this happens for a reason.."

 

"You mean the accident?"

 

Pie nods. Van smiled. "So we could try to work it out again?"

 

Pie smiled, "I cant promise it will work it out.. But I want to give it a try.."

 

Van smiled, "I'm not really sure if what you're doing is right Pie.. But honestly, it's advantage for me. It's my chance to have you back if I can prove that I should be the right person for you."

 

Pie smiled. "Thank you Van.."

 

"For what?"

 

"For being honest to me."

 

Van smiled, "No big deal Pie.."

 

After dinner

 

"Want another drink?" Pie offers Van as they finished each glass of wine in the garden

 

Van smiled & nods. "Don't get yourself drunk Pie.."

 

"Haha I'm not.. I haven't emptied my 1st glass yet."

 

Van giggles, "The last time we had drinks it was my case win celebration & Yam's welcome back party.."

 

"Really? Was it fun? Where was that?"

 

"Our house. Kim was there too.. I invited you two together."

 

Pie smiled, "We.. We're still together that time?"

 

Van nods. "You were so over protective about her back then. You were not letting her have a bite of crab. Haha"

 

Pie chuckles, "Yeah.. She's really stubborn sometimes. We had crabs when we were on vacation & it was too late when she told me about her allergies.."

 

"Haha and you were so mad about it then?"

 

Pie giggles, "Yeah.. I was worried you know.."

 

Van awkwardly smiled. "H-How do you feel about her now Pie?"

 

Pie smiled avoiding his eyes. "I.. I don't know Van.."

 

"You don't know? or you don't want to tell me?"

 

Pie smiled. "I honestly can't figure it out at this stage.."

 

Her phone rings

 

"Kim?" Pie answered

 

"Hello Pie, just checking if you're okay.."

 

Pie smiled, "I am. I slept when I arrived here & woke up right before dinner.."

 

"That's good. We just arrived. We went to see the resorts mom would like to buy. She can't even wait until tomorrow.." Kim chuckles

 

Pie smiled, "I'm guessing you haven't got any rest yet.."

 

Kim smiled on the other line, "Yeah. So I will sleep early today. My back is just exhausted as I am. I want to stay in bed all night & day.. Haha"

 

Pie giggles, "You should take a rest now then.."

 

"Yup. I just called to know how you doing. Have you done dinner yet?"

 

"Yes. Mom cooked for dinner.. V-Van is here too.."

 

Kim pauses on the other line for few seconds. "I see.. I should not be disturbing you then.."

 

"No, no it's okay Kim.. I.. Hmm. We.. We're just actually talking about stuffs."

 

Kim released a sigh. "It's okay Pie.. Call me if you miss me then. Say hi to Van for me. Goodnight Pie."

 

Pie faked a smile. "Okay.. Goodnight Kim."

 

Van smiled. "Everything's okay?"

 

Pie nods. "Yep. Kim said Hi."

 

Van nodding.. "Is the.. I mean, the situation. Hmm.. this situation.."

 

"Yes Van, she knows. And she agreed with it."

 

Van appears surprised. "I.. I see. So she knows why I'm here?"

 

Pie nods. "Yes, to talk about it."

 

Van smiled in a few seconds. "This is really awkward.. & odd."

 

"Y-Yeah.. But I think this is the only way.."

 

Van nods. "I guess so.. I can't imagine how Yam would react if she finds out. Haha"

 

Pie smiled, "She'll be suprised too for sure."

 

Van nods, "And maybe happy at the same time.."

 

Pie raised an eyebrow, "Because I found a solution?"

 

Van smiled & nods, "Yes.. and be with Kim with no restrictions too."

 

"W-What do you mean?"

 

"She's been always keeping her feelings for her Pie.. You're aware of that aren't you?"

 

Pie nods. "But it has been a long time.."

 

"Yep, 5 years. But it wasn't gone. Just like I am, to you."

 

Pie pauses. Van continues, "Have you made an agreement she can date another girls too?"

 

Pie shook her head. "W-We didn't actually.. hmm.. formally agreed on it. She just said she would never fall inlove again if i break her heart."

 

Van giggles, "She's just really into you. But she'll move on, I know.. That is, if you choose me."

 

Pie faces Van, "W-What if I choose her Van?"

 

Van smiled. "That would be a different story Pie.."

 

"What story?"

 

Van giggles. "The story of me, Van-trying-to-move-on-again."

 

Pie giggles. "Silly. Are you still okay? You look red."

 

Van smiled. "Those 3 shots were hitting me. Haha."

 

"Hahaha you're getting drunk.. Enough of this. Come on I'll accompany you to your car. It's late now.."

 

Van smiled & nods. He held her hand. "Pie.. If you still choose her over me this time, I will never ever try to win you back again."

 

"Hahaha. Is that a threat Mr. Drunk Guy?"

 

Van smiled. "I'm serious. If I'll lose you this time, I'll give you up totally."

 

Pie faces him. "You're such a good guy Van.."

 

Van smiled. "You are a wonderful person too Pie. Hmm. Can I pick you up on Saturday for a date?

 

Pie nods. "1pm.."

 

Van smiled. "Okay.. I'll go ahead now so you could continue your rest."

 

Pie smiled. "Yes.. Take care Van.."

 

Van nods & bent forward to kiss her.. 

 

She let me kissed her.. Van smiled with the thought

 

Pie awkwardly smiled. "G-Goodnight Van.. Have a safe driving."

 

Van nods & smiled. "I will.. Sweetdreams Pie.." He drove his car away

 

"Pie.." Kim calls as Pie is about to head inside

 

Pie instantly turned her face to Kim's direction. "K-Kim.. Y-You're here?"

 

Kim faked a smile.. "Yes.. We're just blocks away remember. I came to see if you're asleep."

 

Pie avoided her eyes. "Van j-just left.."

 

Kim nods. "I know. I was here when I called you a while ago."

 

Pie appears surprised, "Y-You mean.. You've been hiding there for an hour?"

 

Kim nods. "I.. I just wanted to see you, really. I didn't know Van was here.. A-Anyway, I will go now so you could rest." 

 

"K-Kim.." Pie calls as Kim about to leave

 

"Hmm?"

 

"D-Did you s-see --"

 

"Yes. I saw the kiss. You don't have to worry Pie. It's not in our "agreement" " She released a sigh. "I will go now Pie.. Goodnight.." Kim hurriedly walked away

 

Pie noticed her tears & decided to burst her tears in her room. 

 

Door knocks

 

"Pie?" Her mom calls as she entered her room

 

"M-Mom.." She immediately hugs her

 

"Sssh. Why are you crying Pie? What's wrong?"

 

"I'm sorry mom.. I'm really sorry.." Continue crying

 

"You're sorry for what Pie?"

 

"I remember everything mom.."

 

Her mom appears in surprised. "S-Since when?"

 

"In Singapore. I don't know what happened but when I wake up that morning & saw Kim beside me the memories came rushing through my head."

 

"B-But why didn't you tell her then? All this time she was thinking you can't remember her. She was so hurt Pie.."

 

Pie sobs. "Because I remember what happened the night I had the accident & had that temporary amnesia.. We were fighting & things went so wrong.."

 

"What do you mean Pie?"

 

"Our relationship was been in a bit shaky before I had the accident mom.. I'm not sure if it's because we've been together for a long time or the feelings has just gone away.."

 

"So you decided to be amnesiac to get away?"

 

Pie shook her head. "I want us to start anew.. I want us to remember the times we were still so in love with each other before things were out of control. Before the accident, there were cases we fought for just small reasons. She's losing the trust on me & my trust on on her. We're both refusing chances to work us out.."

 

Her mom hugs her. "That was not a bad idea Pie.. But It was not good either. You might just want to talk to her about the things you should work on so you can fix whatever problems you've been going through.."

 

Pie faked a smile, "I already tried that mom.. We did. But it didn't work out. I was so afraid I'll lose her just because we were not able to fix it.. I was thinking trying to fix it was not a good solution.. Maybe we should just get back to the old days.. When she's still making fun of me, being sweet to me.. giving me her time.."

 

Her mom smiled. "I understand your point Pie.. But you should know how much pain she has to face for that. You know in a relationship, fight is included in the package. Small or big fights, deal with it. You may think making her like this being so kind, sweet & caring makes her the best.. Pie you've seen her worse. You loved her that way. You fought for her because she is her & not pretending someone else just to make you love her. That is better. There's a big difference between the best & better Pie.."

 

Pie smiled & released a sigh. "Thank you mom.. You're such a gift.."

 

"I'm glad you're being honest to me Pie.."

 

Pie faked a smile. "Kim saw us today. V-Van kissed me.."

 

Her mom appears in shocked but didn't find her words. Pie continues

 

"I saw she was hurt & I tried my very best not to run to hug her & tell her everything.. I want to make our relationship work, Van's kiss was not part of the plan, the worst thing is she saw it.. (Sigh). "

 

Her mom held her hands. "Just tell her Pie.. Tell her & she will understand.."

 

Pie smiled & nods. "I will tell Van tomorrow first.."

 

Her mom smiled. "Now you're making right decisions.. Go to sleep now & prepare for big fight." 

 

Pie giggles. "Oh mom.. What am I going to do without you.."

 

Her mom hugs her again, "I love you sweetheart. Goodnight.. "

 

Pie smiled. "Goodnight mom."

 

She took her phone as her mom went out the door.

 

"Kim.. I'm sorry.. We need to talk."

 

10 seconds & Kim replied. "When I come back let's talk."

 

"Come back? Where are you going?"

 

"Australia, for business. Be back in a week. Goodnight Pie."

 

"Wait Kim, don't sleep yet.."

 

"Why?"

 

"I'm sorry Kim.."

 

"Don't be. I know where I should stand. I understand my limits now."

 

"That is not just that Kim.."

 

"I'm sleepy now Pie. I really don't like to talk about it. 'Night."

 

"Goodnight Kim.. I love you."

 

Pie released a sigh as she haven't received a reply again. 

 

Oh Kim..