Chapter 42

I'm Sorry I Love You (editing)

 

 

“Hey! Aren’t you coming in too?” Kiko asked as she turned around to look at Chaerin who took a left turn from the elevator, “Jiyong Oppa’s room is that wa-“ she pointed and stopped midway when Chaerin waved her hand and shook her head.

“I’m quite exhausted. I better get some rest!” Chaerin smiled and dipped her head slightly, “Nice to meet you”

“Oh! Okay… See you around then.”

 

 

As soon as she stepped inside the suite, she took a deep breath, calming herself from the anger boiling inside her. What is she doing here? She thought bitterly, but slapped her head and scolded herself for being a . Whatever the hell she was doing here, had nothing to do with her or the reason she came here for….. or maybe not. She couldn’t just barge inside his room and proclaim her love for him.

Nah!

She shook her head stupidly and jumped on her bed, crazy thoughts started surrounding her, she wasn’t sure if this was this was the right time. Sighing helplessly, she hugged her pillow and almost fell asleep when something suddenly occurred to her. Kiko might tell him about her being here; she bounced out of the bed, grabbing her purse as she dashed out of her room, but only after checking if the coast was clear. Panting heavily, she got out of the hotel and hailed a cab. She wasn’t sure where she was going, but she needed to avoid being there, at all costs!

 

Ultimately, she ended up shopping. She needed some spare clothes, being a ‘fashionista’ always comes with a price. She couldn’t be seen wearing the same outfit for 2 days straight. Never! After a long, tiring and satisfying shopping session, Chaerin finally reached back to the hotel and found herself stuck in the midst of fan girls with large sign boards. Quietly wrapping a scarf around her head, she squeezed herself into the crowd and walked into the hotel after having a little talk with the security guards. Shaking her head as she walked in, she put down her bags and walked to the reception to ask for a bell boy to help her up. Just as she stood in front of the reception, the lady smiled at her and bowed.

"How may I help you Miss Lee?"

"I want to book a reservation for dinner tonight. And..." she glanced at the bags lying on the floor beside her feet, "I really need help carrying those." she smiled sheepishly.

"Consider it done. Your stuff will be delivered to your room." she said, "Will you be having it in your room or the dining hall?"

"In the hall, a table for two please!" someone interrupted their conversation, too tired to even bother to look at the person behind her, Chaerin continued, "my room, no seafoo-"

"Table for 2 under the name Kwon." the person said again, that caught her attention. Chaerin's head perked up at the mention of the name, she wished the earth would swallow her this very moment. Shrinking in embarrassment at the thought of Jiyong enquiring her about her trip here, she hung her head low and shrugged at the receptionist who gave her a small smile and turned away, entering something on the computer.

The moment she dreaded so much was finally going to happen. What was she going to say? Everything she'd planned to do or say before, she decided to chop it after she met Kiko and right now, she was in no way, ready to splurge her feelings. It just seemed too ridiculous, especially after the recent encounter in the elevator and, honestly, she didn't think it would even matter to him anymore. She never meant more than just a ‘friend’ to him. That is all. There wasn't the need for her to ruin what they had. Just having him…. as sad as it sounded- as a friend was more than enough.

"Want some?" Chaerin blinked a few times to clear her blurred vision and stared at Jiyong, who held out a packet of pringles in his hand. Trying her best to act normal, Chaerin shrugged and rubbed her belly, indicating she was already full.

"I'm exhausted. I.... I better head to my room." she said stoically and walked off, waving half heartedly at Jiyong, who's eyebrows raised as he watched her walk to the elevator.

Jiyong still stood firm as she disappeared from the lobby. He was just surprised that she didn't even contact him, Kiko had earlier informed him that Chaerin was here for work when she told him about their encounter. He couldn't understand why she would have work in Japan, when her promotions for her solo weren't over yet. Slapping away his thoughts, he walked to the reception and requested the lady to give him Chaerin's room number and a spare key-card, which was strictly against policy, but..... Well! Being a celebrity always has its advantages.

 

He tiptoed into her room as he closed the door behind him as quietly as possible. He peeked through the room separators and softly called out her name. When he got no response, he entered the bedroom and sat himself on bed, glancing around the room, That's odd! He tilted his neck, There's no luggage. He thought about it, but eventually thought he was being absurd. He almost dozed off when suddenly the bathroom door flung open and there stood a bedazzled Chaerin, wrapped only in a tiny white towel, that came only to her thighs. Jiyong quickly scrambled out of the bed and awkwardly stood at the corner scratching his head, averting his eyes.

"What are you doing here?" Chaerin blurted, as she quickly grabbed a spare towel from the cupboard and swung it over her bare shoulders, "How did you get in?"

"I... " Jiyong swallowed, "I have a key!" he exclaimed, not knowing what else to say.

"How..... Did you get that?" she shot a look and dried her hair with her towel, unaware of the uneasiness in Jiyong's eyes, he had never seen her so bare and it deeply troubled that he was . If the old him were still there, he might've made a move, or maybe not, considering it's Chaerin, as much as he liked her, he couldn't bring himself to thing of something dirty and Chaerin in the same sentence.

"Y-You didn't tell me you had work here..." he murmured, bending his head and playing with the pillow, "We could've left together."

"Now why would I want to leave with you?" she chuckled half heartedly, teasing him, but Jiyong wasn't amused, "People would snap photos and say useless stuff." she said as she grabbed the paper bag and headed to the bathroom, closing the door behind her, she heard a soft murmur. She wasn’t sure if he had intended for her to hear. Even if she wasn’t supposed to, it didn’t matter anymore because she already did.

"But you'd rather be snapped with that kid?" he mumbled, laughing at himself and the thought of Chaerin choosing Kris over him.

Chaerin took a deep breath and leaned against the door, God knows how hard she was trying to pretend that everything was normal between them, when obviously it wasn't. Quickly putting on the clothes she bought earlier. Taking a deep breath she put on a fake smile and swung the door open to find the room empty. Where's he?

She dashed to the sitting room and looked around frantically. She couldn't understand why the hell was she so worried. It's not like she had anything to say to him..... Well! Not anymore.

She sighed and turned around to find a figure standing in her balcony, leaning on the hand rails. Unwittingly a smile crept up her face, knowing he'd not left.

"Hey!" she said as she slid the glass door open and leaned against the frame, he nodded once and continued being silent. She noticed something in his hand, a lighter. She had to admit, she felt like she defeated herself in not being able to let him quit, but again, she didn't have any right to make him quit, he wasn't hers.

"What're you really doing here Chae?" he broke his silence as he slowly stretched and turned around to face her, his back resting against the railing, still staring at the lighter in his hand.

"What do you mean? You already know... I here for wo-"

"Bull." he snapped, she bit her lower lip and averted her gaze when she felt his on her, "You're lying."

She drew circles on the glass with her hand and stared at the floor, unable to meet his eyes and moreover.... She couldn't lie to him anymore. But she wasn't ready to tell the truth either.

"Look at me Chae..." his voice sounded like music to her ears, she melted, but she did her best to remain firm. Jiyong sighed as he saw her standing mum, he slowly walked forward, slipping the lighter back into his back pocket, carefully he lifted his hand and pushed her chin up.

"You know you can tell me anything right?" he said as he lowered his head to level their eyes, "anything....."

Slowly she shifted, gently shoving his hand away, Jiyong stared at her agape but didn't voice his concern out, instead he just waited for her to let it out.

"Why does it have to be me? Why can't it be you?" she said, obviously frustrated, judging from her tone and the way she poked his chest as if to prove her point, "Why am I the one tell it to you.... Why can't you do it? Why-" she slapped her hands to her face quickly and laughed at her own ridiculousness, "You know what...." she kneaded her cheeks trying to calm herself, "Forget it. You do what you came here for, I'll head back home first thing tomorrow morning." she quickly said and headed for the door, but Jiyong blocked it with his hands and caught her wrist with his other hand.

"Why don't you do what you came here for?" he said so softly that Chaerin was almost compelled to, shaking her head, she tried prying his hand aways from hers but that only made him hold on tighter, "What do you want me to do Chaerin? Just tell me... And.... And I'll do it!" the way he said it, sounded like he was the most helpless person in the whole world, "I'd do anything for you."

Chaerin's shoulders slumped and her hard expression fell off, she turned around to meet his eyes. Surprised to see it glisten, she forgot everything and she attacked him with an embrace, her hands naturally around his neck, slowly reaching up to his hair, his hands were rigid beside him at first, but eventually, he closed his eyes and inhaled her, taking in her presence relishing every piece of her. He pulled her even closer and snuggled under the crook of her neck.

"I can't make you do something you don't want." Chaerin said as she closed her eyes shut and silent tears escaped her eyes.

"What makes you think I don't want it?" Jiyong asked, as they slowly pulled apart, "Besides.... You said you like him."

So he knows why I'm here.... Chaerin wondered for how long he actually knew. Maybe Unnie or Youngbae oppa told him about it.

"Because you never said anything! I- I gave you so many hints, I... God!" she groaned, "I hate you!" she slapped his arm, "I hate you so much!"

"You came here all the way... To tell me you hate me? Chae.... Really?" he hit his chest dramatically, "I'm hurt Chae..."

"Good!" she spat, shoving him away harder, "Just go away, I'm exhausted I want to sleep." Jiyong swiftly caught her hand and pinned it against the wall, Chaerin gasped, "W-what're y-you-"

"I-I....." he took a sharp breath as he lifted his head up and gazed into those brown orbs that he was so in love with, "Is it true? About that rumour? T-That news-"

"There's a reason why rumours are called rumours Oppa" she shook her head in disbelief, "Now let me go.." she said as she struggled against his grip, but he didn't intend to let go. Not again.

"So it's not true then? You're not really dating that guy?" he tried his best to supress his inner happiness, which he did successfully when Chaerin nodded innocently.

"-But you like him...." he said softly, loosening the grip on her hands and her hands fell to her side.

"I don't know..."

"You so confidently said it before that you liked him, what happened now?" he mocked, tilting his head, enjoying the confusion on her face. She looked so darn lost and cute.

"I don't know..." she murmured again.

"Then what are you doing to that poor boy? You aren't even sure if you like him or not...  What's wrong with you Chae? Why-"

"I. DON'T. KNOW." she snarled, gritting her teeth, angry and confused, mostly at herself. She felt so horrible for giving hopes to Kris, yes she liked him, but she wasn't sure to what extend anymore, she couldn't make up her mind anymore. The mere thought of him wanted to make her pull out her hair one by one, because he had been so good to her and she . . .

 Sighing helplessly, she covered her face for the nth time and groaned, suddenly she felt warm hands cup her face and she looked up to find Jiyong joining their foreheads as he took her hand in his and intertwined it.

"If it even matters anymore.... I like you Chae." he said so softly and quietly it was almost a whisper, "I like you so much that I don't even know what to do about it anymore! You mean so much to me...."

Chaerin's eyes bulged, she was surprised, though she had kind of expected him to have some kind of feelings for her, she hadn't expected him to confess to her. Not yet. Maybe her trip wasn't that useless anymore. She felt her hand sweat and her lips quiver, her heart was beating so fast she was sure she would die anytime in cardiac arrest, she screamed inwardly as she bit her lower lips as his warm breath kissed her neck and she closed her eyes.

 

 

"-You should date Kris for real."

 

What? Chaerin stared at him is disbelief, just what the hell is wrong with this guy? She wanted to punch him right there and then but held back when she heard him laugh bitterly and murmur.

 

"I.... I might hurt you and I'll never forgive myself if I did that . . " he took a deep breath as he let go of her hand and kissed her forehead lightly.

 

 

 

"-I don't deserve you."

 

 

 


 

Author’s Note:
You can kill me now! T__T
I know… I’ve been so…. Lazy. But trust me. I had my reasons..
I like this chapter.. Don’t ask me why (because IDK)

Anyway… I wanted to apologize again, for my constant delays and broken promises.
AND ………..
For the horribly constructed sentences, grammatical errors and typos.
I’m not much of a writer, but I’m an imaginative person. Hence, the stories. xD

 

Do you guys like the new poster?
It’s made by the talented AngelaKon . (She manages her own shop, check it out, here )

 

With love

E