i. f l a s h b a c k

L U H A N : M y M e c h a n i c a l B o y f r i e n d

Hi. I'm Kang Jinhee. I'm 19 years old. Well, I don't really know what to say else other than that. 

Maybe a little flashback story from my past. 

 

Me. My Mom. My Dad. 

We were so happy back then. Though I wish for a brother or sister, nevetheless, I'm happy that they are my parents. My family has a business company. My Dad is a businessman while my Mom used to be his secretary but because of me my Mom had to stop working and she became a housewife after then.

 

Like normal families out there, Every weekends we are going to the mall, park, or anywhere we could have a family time. I could say that time, I'm the most happiest and thankful daughter in the world.

 

One day, my parents surprise me that we're going on a trip. They say we need to ride a plane for us to be able to reach our destination. That made me really happy. I also thought that that is gonna be the greatest and best day ever. Everytime my Dad ask what I want, my only answer is I want to ride on an airplane. 

 

But then, it turn out that it will be my worst nightmare. The day I thought I would be happy the most is the day that I felt physically, mentally, emotionally hurt. Everything happened very fast. We where just laughing and my Mom is sharing stories to me. But before we could take off, I heard something. A very loud bang, I presume that something exploded. And the next thing I knew, I found myself being hugged by my parents. Then another loud sound was heard. I'm so scared that time. I was brought by my parents on this cubicle. All I can do is cry that time. I'm scared and confused. 

 

"My Princess. Just stay here. And whatever happens, don't come out." my Dad stated and give a peck in my temple while my Mom was crying.

 

"Jinhee. My Baby.." she said as she took out a necklace and wore it around my neck. "Always wear this and never lose it okay. I love you." then she hugged me really tight. I didn't know what to react that time. 

 

"M-mommy, Daddy.. W-where are you going?" I cried. I knew that time there's something bad gonna happen.

 

"Just stay here, Jinhee. You're obedient, right? Just stay here, okay?  Don't make any noise." Mom ordered. Because of confuseness and innocence, I just nod and put both of my hands on my mouth. There, they hugged me..for the last time. Then they went out and closed the door. The last time I see them, they were smiling at me while the door was being closed. 

*I shouldn't come out. I shouldn't make any noise.* I thought at that time. Then again, I heard two bang. I'm really scared. I'm hearing footsteps coming near me. "Mommy, Daddy.." I whispered. Then I the door suddenly opens. A man..with a gun. Then I notice two persons lying on the floor..dead. My parents.

"MOMMY! DADDY!" I shouted and cried. I can't stand up because I'm scared of the man infront of me. Did he killed my parents? Is he gonna kill me too. I was lost for words and all I can do is cry. 

Then I heard a again a bang and I saw the man lying down. Is he dead? I don't know. Then I saw Mr. Hae, our family butler, walking towards me. He looked for awhile at our parents then glanced again to me with a worried and apologizing look. 

"Miss..Jinhee." he said as he pick me up and carries me. He pats my head as I continue to cry. I'm now alone. I knew that moment, I wouldn't grow up with my parents. But they will always be in my heart.

end of flashback.

 

Well, thanks to Mr. Hae and his wife, I can still feel the warmth of love and care of a parent. They became my guardians.. for awhile. When I turned 16, Mr. Hae passed away, which leads also the death of her wife due to depression. *sigh* What a life I do have, right? Now, to support myself, I'm working as a bookkeeper in a public library just a few blocks from my apartment. Yep, you heard it right, apartment. I think from riches to rags is what I've become. 

The company that my father used to own was now owned by my selfish aunt and uncle. I didn't even get a cent and they didn't even care for me. If I know, they are happy about my parent's death so they could have all the heir. My grandfather has been missing, or hiding, I don't know. Four months before the death of my parents, my Grandpa went missing. They did everything to find him, but in the end, they failed. It's been 12 years since that occured, so THEY assume that my Grandpa died. Of course, for twelve years I have waited for him, and still waiting. But I guess it's long already. I'm getting my hopes down.

Anyways, I'm on my way now to my work. I need some money for my tuition this last semester. I'm already graduating. I can't believe it to myself. After years, of working at an early age, I'm finally graduating. I just hope everything will went well.

 


Sorry for typos and the grammar. English is not my mother tongue. orz (no proofreading. XD)

Enjoy.

Comment. Subscribe. Upvote OuO