Chapter Two - Meant To Be

A Touch Of Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’ve been really quiet since yesterday. You barely said a word on the drive home last night and you haven’t said anything to me except good morning,” Hyoyeon commented as she poured us coffee, “I mean… I am here for you to talk to. We have been best friends since forever and I am a bit concerned. You’re not usually this quiet.”

I looked up from my toast. The bread tasted like cardboard in my mouth. I had no appetite. All I could think of was the beautiful, mysterious girl from last night. Her sparkling eyes, the way her hair had caught the moonlight, her kissable-looking lips.  The way she smelt and how perfectly she fit into my arms. the way her body felt pressed against mine as she swayed to the music of the rain.

Hyoyeon snapped her fingers in front of me, pulling me out of my daydream.

“Tell me,” she commanded pulling out the chair next to me.

I sighed and ran my hand through my hair, “Do you believe in love at first sight? Or destiny?”

Hyoyeon bit her lip, “I do. However, since when have you?

I sighed again, knowing Hyoyeon would not give up until she pried it out of me. She would ask, beg, wheedle, manipulate and threaten until I told her.

“I met this girl last night,” I began but was interrupted.

“The one you left the reception with?” she asked excitedly.

I looked up at her in surprise. “Do you know her?” I asked, feeling momentarily hopeful.

“Nope, I saw when you went over to talk to her and when you left together,” she replied.

I pouted, my hopes crashing. I had to find the girl.

“Well… she made my night so amazing,” I said to Hyoyeon.

She out up one hand to stop me, “I don’t see what the problem is yet.”

“Would you wait?” I asked through gritted teeth, “I am getting to that part.”

Hyoyeon looked sheepish, “Sorry Yuri.”

“I only met her for the first time last night. We spent a couple hours together… but I think I may be in love with her,” I said.

“Still not seeing the problem,” she muttered under her breath.

I narrowed my eyes at her, I loved Hyoyeon and knew she meant well but sometime I felt like throttling her.

“Let me finish,” I said slowly.

She made a ‘do continue’ gesture at me. I rolled my eyes at her.

“We slow danced together, in the ballroom, in the rain. She did not let me kiss her. She did not leave me with her name or anything to find out who she is. All I have is her earring,” I pulled it out my pocket and handed it to Hyoyeon, “She told me close my eyes and then she was gone, like Cinderella at midnight. I do not know how I am supposed to find her. I have to find her.” My voice filled with all the fervour I felt.

“You love her but you don’t know how to find her… therein lies the problem,” Hyoyeon mused, “Are you sure you know nothing about this mystery girl?”

I shrugged, “We did not exchange any personal information. I think that’s what made it all the more special.”

Hyoyeon frowned, thinking hard.

“Don’t give yourself a headache over it,” I teased, then sobered up, “It’s my problem.”

“She was a guest right?” Hyoyeon asked slowly.

I nodded, unsure of where she was going with this.

“That means either Tiffany or Taeyeon invited her!” Hyoyeon said excitedly.

“Hey! Hey! Hold up,” I said, grabbing Hyoyeon’s arm as she pulled out her phone, “She was someone’s plus one. She was not directly invited.”

Hyoyeon groaned in disappointment, the excitement going out of her eyes.

“Finish your coffee,” I told her as I put my cup in the dishwasher.

As I changed my shirt to head to the office for a couple of hours, something the girl had told me floated back into my memory.

I made the cake

“Hyoyeon,” I shouted excitedly, “Hyoyeon!”

“What?” she said from the kitchen.

I dashed into the kitchen, my heart racing excitedly.

“We did exchange something personal. She told me that she made the cake. All we need to do is find the caterers and I would have found her!” I exclaimed, happiness bubbling up inside of me.

“Tiffany would know who catered,” Hyoyeon said, pulling out her phone yet again.

I was jittery as she called Tiffany. The wait was almost painful.

“She’s not answering,” Hyoyeon said, “They must have left for the airport already.”

My heart stopped. They would be unreachable for the entire month away.

“We have to go to the airport,” I said, “You drive.”

I grabbed her hand and ran down to our car.

“You’re love-struck,” Hyoyeon said happily, as she floored the accelerator.

~0~

I dashed into the airport, Hyoyeon right behind me. She was a great friend, a bit difficult but loyal. I was glad she was going along with my crazy plans.

“Come on… they have to be somewhere,” I muttered to myself, pushing through crowds. I stopped and scanned the people before moving again.

“Tiff,” I murmured, “Where are you?”

As though she heard me, I heard my name being called, “Yuri?”

I spun around.

Tiffany. Luck was on my side this morning. I raced over to her, grinning happily. I was one-step closer to finding her. Just a little bit more.

“Tiff,” I said breathles

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter