Chapter 1

Candy Wrappers

C h a p t e r   1

Davichi - Turtle

 


"Jung Haeri is coming back! Ugh, why of all places?" The girl who seat behind Luhan stated with a disgusted voice and Luhan let out a silent groan. That name. It was that one name again. Again.

What the hell is with Jung Haeri? What's so bad about her? For the last few days, not a single compliment about that girl was told. All he heard was how bad it was it was for the girl to return to school. Apparently, the poor girl got into a car accident and had to miss a few months of school so she could recover. Shouldn't people be grateful she was coming back safe and healthy? Damn, what a beautiful world.

Luhan opened his mouth, planning to ask more about this Haeri girl, when the teacher flung the door open and walked in with a girl trailing behind her. He heard a few groans and a small grin appeared on his face. Ah, so this is the girl? The girl turned towards the class and bowed respectfully.

"Our Haeri is back. I hope you give her a warm welcome. She has been through a lot." The teacher stated and the same girl who was upset with Haeri coming back let out a loud groan.

Luhan took this moment to study the girl's face. It wasn't exactly attractive, but it was pretty enough to meet to his standards. The girl had the perfect pink colored lips, medium length dark brown hair and soft brown eyes. Not to mention how perfect her skin looks.

"Hello. My name is Jung Haeri for those who do not know me. I had recently been involved in a accident and haven't been able to appear at school. But I am back." She spoke quietly.

Her voice was soft and feathery, just as Luhan expected. He titled his head slightly and gaze at the girl with his full attention on her.

She turn back to the teacher and the teacher sadly smiled. "Where would you like to sit Haeri?" The teacher asked and the moment the last word left her lips, students around all over the classroom muttered simple words of 'please, not over here' 'Don't even think about sitting next to me.'

The girl bit her lip and the teacher released a frustrated sigh. 

 

"Over here. She can sit with me." Luhan said announced loudly enough for everyone to hear

A few gasps and 'No oppa, no!' could be heard, but Luhan only chuckled.

That was the exact same way, everyone was towards Tao. His now best friend. Tao, was a transfer student from China just like Luhan. They came over to Korea around the same time, but both got different reactions from their classmates. Most would say students from China gets bullied the most, but none of that actually happened to him. His friends tells him it's because he was easy-going but, he wasn't going to buy it. Deep down, he knew it's because no one wanted to deal with all the girls that was clinging to him. One insult towards their precious Luhan, gets them never-ending hell. He honestly admits that he too, thinks he's quite handsome. He's not conceited, he just agrees he's attractive.

Of course, Luhan who was curious about Tao, did the exact same thing he just did to Haeri and soon they became best friends. He was hoping that it happens the same to Haeri. 

"Very well than. Thank you so much, Luhan." The teacher answered.

He just smiled and pulled out the seat beside him and patted it. "Come on Haeri, no need to be shy."

Haeri shot Luhan a look before walking towards the seat beside Luhan and sitting in it, reminding herself to scoot away from Luhan just a bit.

Luhan chuckled and a tap on his shoulder broke his attention from the new girl.

"Oppa, wrong choice. I heard that she has a problem." The girl, Minhee whispered.

"Do you always have to believe what you hear?" He snapped back.

The girl's eyes widen and blinked nervously. "It could be true. The other oppas are going to check her file." 

Luhan bit his lip and sighed. "Aish. Seriously? Just cut it out, you guys shouldn't be doing that-"

"Luhan. Please be quiet, class will be starting now." The teacher said with a sharp sigh before talking about whatever lesson they were learning about.

 

 

    

 

The bell rang and everyone stood up and rushed out the door, including his new 'friend' Haeri. Luhan sighed and picked up his bag and started for the door when a hand pulled him back. He turned around slightly and met eyes with Minhee.

"It is true." She said and Luhan sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, if I told everyone penguins were pooping ice cream. It's totally true." Luhan said with a annoyed look on his face.

"Look. If you don't believe me. Go ask her for yourself. She'll be glad to tell you." Minhee snapped slightly which made Luhan raise his eyebrows slightly.

"In fact, I will." He said with a small frown.

Minhee nodded and patted his shoulder before walking out the door. Luhan let out a small sigh before walking out the classroom to see his friends waiting for me.

"Yah, what took you so long, hyung?" A young boy walked up embracing Luhan tightly nuzzling his face into Luhan's chest. 

"Sehun, I was packing up, gotta give me some time at least." Luhan said with a small chuckle before running his hand into the young boy's hair.

"I'm hungry. Can we go eat now?" Another boy asked with a frown.

"Yeah, I agree with Xiumin." The tallest member said with a small groan.

Luhan shook his head. "You guys can go together. I have something to do." 

The boys nodded but with a slightly unhappy face,but just shrugged and left. Luhan smiled and decided to go look for this Haeri girl.

 

After, searching the entire school. Luhan wasted about 10 minutes of their lunch time. Leaving only 10 more minutes to find the girl. Luhan let out a frustrated sigh before stomping his foot onto the ground. When his foot made contact with the ground, he heard a sound. It wasn't the ground breaking. It wasn't his foot breaking either. 

With furrowed eyebrows, he lifted his foot and picked up whatever that was under it. 

 

A candy wrapper.

 

Luhan stared at it before studying the wrapper intensely. It was a light pink wrapper with a picture of a bubble on it, it also seemed as if it was a lollipop wrapper. The thought of the flavor instantly shot into his mind, his mouth was already watering. He now wanted a lollipop.

 

 

He wanted one that was Bubblegum flavored.

 

He put the wrapper in his pocket and made his way past the corner and found another wrapper. What the heck? This time it was a blue wrapper with a picture of a berry on it. Another flavor popped up in his mind leaving his mouth watering again.

 

Blueberry Flavored.

 

Soon he found himself following the candy wrappers one by one collecting each and every one of them,all in different colors, all had different flavors. Not only does he want to find out whose the one leaving these trails of wrappers, he was helping the school. So, maybe this was something to be proud of.

 

After, picking up about 6 candy wrappers, it led him in front of the janitor's door. He sighed and flung the door open to be greeted by wide brown eyes staring at him.

 

 

    

 

What the in the world? He studied her again, intensely. He was probably making the poor girl nervous but, he didn't care. If you were in his position you would be studying her too. She was in the janitor's room. With a lollipop in . Hm, is there anyone thinking what I'm thinking?

"Where did you get the lollipop?" He asked and she broke the shocked face and she let out a small sigh of relief.

"Why, do you want one?" She asked quietly.

What did she say? Damn girl, speak louder please.

"Wait, what?" 

"Why, do you want one?" She asked a bit louder but, not as loud as Luhan wanted.

"Maybe, I'm just asking." He said shrugging.

She sighed and picked up her backpack from the ground and ped the first pocket slightly and pulled out a lollipop with a red wrapper.

"Here." She said handing him the lollipop.

I blinked before accepting it. "Uh, thanks."

"You're being awkward around me. You heard stuff about me, didn't you?" She asked with a small smile and Luhan was just confused.

"Yeah, I did. Not so good things though." He answered, maybe she thought I heard good things about her.

"Great." She said but, the smile never left her face.

Luhan sighed and turned around towards the door. He was planning to head out when he suddenly felt really uneasy. He turned towards her again, to see what she was doing, but she was simply standing there with a lollipop in . It was her aura. She seemed so happy, but the aura she's giving off...is just unexplainable. The aura left Luhan feeling a mixed feeling of happiness and sadness in one.

 

 

"Lunch is almost over. I guess we should go." Luhan said, but he still couldn't wipe the uneasiness that surrounded him.

 

 

 


Oh, and I don't know. But the first like 3 chapters will be extremely boring. At least to me. Because there's no drama :DDDD So, yeah. You can decide if it's boring or not. LOL!

 

Make sure to have an awesome day~

                                        -CarelessRose   

 

+ Whose your most loved members in EXO?

 

--  I love all members but, I tend to give more love to Chen and Xiumin <3 ; u ; <3