♪ Identitas by DobuOnew

♪♫ Midnight Sonata Café ♫♪ | Reviews and Recs [CLOSED for requests & READ CH. 37]
R E V I E W
IDENTITAS
 
 
         by DobuOnew
         EXO || Lay
         drama | school | romance
         Chaptered | On-going
         Reviewed up to Chapter 10
         Reviewed by Chunkee__
 
Paper Heart
       by f(x)

Title (3/5):

The title was a bit confusing. While I was reading the story, I couldn't find the initial meaning to it. The description gave me the yes, let me read this feeling but I couldn't find the ultimate problem or meaning.

Appearance (4/5):

The chapters were neatly done and organized. Very easy to read and good spacings.

Foreword/Description (9/10):

I specifically love the description. It totally describes a person, a real person. Everyone hides their ture feelings through a mask. So it was nice to read it because it was real.

Foreword was neat and organized. I love how you placed minimum qualities so as not to spoil the readers.

Plot/Storyline (14/20):

Let me apologize since I have only read your story up until the tenth chapter but don't worry. I will try to provide you a detailed review.

It was boring at first and a bit draggy since you didn't state the problem immediately. I was waiting for the true identity of each character with depth but that expectation was a downfall. You took a long time for the problem to blossom.

Also, I was confused in some parts. Lu Han's crush wasn't that elaborated and I was hoping that Cho Hee would be pestering Lu Han to do something. Also where Lay said he liked the rain. Was there a history for that? Or just a feeling of pleasure?

Character Development (20/30):

From what I have read, the characters were a bit too perfect for my liking. Also, Cho Hee's characater looks like a Mary Sue for me. It was too perfect. Try adding some quirky habits. Also, Lu Han seems like the Lu Han everybody knows in the fanfiction world. Lay was the usual guy I usually read in fanfictions. Try spicing things up as you go further.

Use of Language / Mechanics (18/20):

There were some instances wherein you mix up the past tense with the present tense. Kindly reread it again. 

Simple words, great vocabulary and a nice way of describing the characater's qualities. It was nice to read something simple and neat and it makes me want to click the next chapter.

Flow (8/10):

The pace was slow and some readers doesn't slow paced stories. Though Cho Hee and Lay looked comfortable with each other I just hope that there will be future interactions and like I said, the main idea.

Reader’s View / Enjoyment:

Honestly, I didn't like the story. It was overused and for some reason, I could read the first sentence of the chapter and skip to the end because I could easily see what happened in between. Maybe due to reading fanfictions for over three years or so and sometimes, the plot would be too cliche.

You just lacked planning, I think. I didn't find anything about Lay showing his fake self or Cho Hee too.

Final Score: (76/100)


Additional Comments:

Sorry for the lack of good points. I just didn't see any light or fun into it. I was waiting for the main idea to pop up and take its place but I couldn't find it. I apologize for reading a limited number of chapters I have been so busy with school work and I have some activities that needs to be accomplished.

I hope that you'll find this review helpful and help us by upvoting the shop, kay?

Review Credit to Chunkee__ from ♪♫ Midnight Sonata Café ♫♪