"He Stopped..."

Because of You

Suzy: Ok I'll show you the pictures but promise not to laugh.

Taec: Well how would you know I'm not laughing? You can't see or hear me.

Suzy: Just don't okay? Do you want to see the pictures or not?

Taec: Fine. I promise not to laugh even if you won't know whether I do or not.

Suzy sent the pictures she chose to pass for her Photography Project.

Taec's POV

I clicked on the first photo she sent me. It was her usual look, simple and dressed down for the usual girl but she looked effortlessly pretty and quite cute. Why am I smiling? Ok let's move on to the next photo. Woah. I had always found Suzy pretty, but seeing her dressed up nicely in a lace dress was different. She was hot. I couldn't take my eyes off the photo. Hmm… That's weird, I can't stop smiling and my stomach feels weird. Woah Taec! Let's not get ahead of ourselves. This is Suzy, we're talking about. You can't be attracted to her. She's Suzy, the girl who picks fights and eats steak like a man. She's definitely not your type.

*ping*

Suzy: So what do you think?

Taec: Well uhh, they're decent, I guess.

Suzy:  Uhm. Thanks?

Taec: So… I'm dating this girl..

Suzy: Okay.

Taec: I just met her in this club last Saturday. (Taec sent her a picture) What do you think?

Suzy:...

Taec: She's been modeling in runway shows here in New York.

Taec: Don't you think she's hot?

Suzy: Well she looks a lot like those bimbos you used to date so I guess based on your "standards" she's a "catch".

Taec: Yah! She's not like them. She's different. She's perfect. She's definitely not a bimbo! And what do you mean based on my standards? Are you PMS-ing or something?

Suzy: Ugh! Whatever!

Suzy signed out

Suzy's POV

Hmph! He's so annoying!  What do I care about that girl?! She's just another flavor of the month, another one of his trophy girls. He'll just grow tired of her in a month's time.


The next morning.

You have 37 missed calls and 29 new messages.

"Ugh. So pathetic." Suzy smiled as she looked at her phone upon waking up. All the missed calls and text messages were from Taecyeon asking why she was not replying/answering, if she was okay, if she was still alive, or just texting a random fact that he found interesting.

She knew this was his way of saying sorry without actually saying sorry because his ego is just too big for such. She was actually not that mad anymore. She just wanted to make him wait a little. He's used to getting what he wanted, when he wanted it. She wanted to be the exception.


Suzy and IU went home from school. They ate their dinner and started doing schoolwork on the dining table. Suzy looked a bit distracted. She kept checking her phone. It has been a week since they last talked. Taec hasn't sent Suzy any text nor tried calling her for a while now, which is strange since he usually is very persistent. Suzy kept glancing on her phone checking whether there was a fresh message from Taec which she can reply to and act like nothing has happened. She'd rather not have the drama of having to bring up what happened that night and like Taec, Suzy also has too much pride and would rather not take the first step especially when she thinks she hasn't done anything wrong.

IU who was sitting across her on the dining table noticed Suzy's uneasiness.

"Hey! What's wrong?" IU asked.

"Huh?" Suzy looked confused.

"You've been checking your phone nonstop since we got home." IU said.

"Oh! It's nothing. It's just this puzzle game I have on my phone. I couldn't get to the next level." Suzy made up a story. She didn't want her cousin to know that it was Taec who was giving her anxiety.

"Okay… Try not to take the game too seriously. Sometimes you just have to take a break from it for a while to get a clearer view on how to solve it." IU said.

Suzy nodded and continued working on her schoolwork.

IU actually knew what was bothering her cousin. She knew it was not a game but a guy named Taecyeon. She noticed how her cousin has become more attached to him without even realizing it. She wanted to talk to her about it but opted not to because it doesn't seem like the time to do so. Suzy would just deny everything.

"I'm sleepy. I'll go ahead. Good night." Suzy said to IU as she stood up.

"Good night." IU replied.


Suzy went to her room. She has been lying on her bed for quite some time already yet she's still wide awake. She can't sleep. She looked at her phone one last time hoping to see something but to her dismay--nothing. She threw her phone inside her school bag  and walk back to her bed.

"Ugh! Sleep Bae Suzy! Sleep!" She said to herself as she covered her face with a pillow.


The next day she woke up looking pretty haggard. She had visible dark circles around her eyes due to lack of sleep.

IU who was in her usual perky self looked up and ready for school as she stood behind the kitchen counter.

"Good morning Suzy!" She said as Suzy went out of the room. "Do you want some coffee?"

Suzy walked towards the coffee in a zombie-like way. "COOOOFFFEEEEE"

This made IU giggle. "Why do you look so tired? Didn't you sleep early last night?"

"I didn't. I couldn't." Suzy continued drinking her coffee as she sat by the kitchen counter.

"Is there anything bothering you? I mean it's me, your cousin/sister from another mother, you can tell me anything." IU's cheery eyes suddenly looked so worried.

"It's just that-" Suzy started. "Well… Ugh! It's just really stupid. Nevermind."

"If it's making you feel like that, it's not stupid." IU tried to convince her to open up.

Suzy sighed. "He stopped… We're not… I haven't… We haven't talked in a while now. "

"Ohhh…" IU sat down beside her. "What happened?"

"I got mad at something he said. It was pretty petty and foolish. Anyway, he tried calling me and texting me several times after that conversation but I didn't answer. Now he's not trying anymore."

"Hmmm. Maybe he thinks you're still mad. Maybe he's just giving you space to breathe and chill for awhile. He probably knows your hulk-like tendencies when you're mad and wanted to ensure his safety." IU chided hoping it would cheer up Suzy.

She smiled a little. "Should I apologize?"

"Do you have something to apologize for?"

"Hmm… maybe. For being too sensitive over something stupid."

"Well if you think you should, why not do it then?"

"Hmm."


Their lunch break has just ended. Taec still hasn't messaged her. She was looking at the message she was constructing.

Suzy: I'm sorry. I was being too sensitive. Friends?

She deleted the I was being too sensitive part and pressed the send button.

As she entered their Art Studies classroom with IU. She was surprised to see a big basket full of the stuff that she loves on her desk. From koosh balls and gummy bears to gift certificates for a steak dinner at her favorite restaurants and art materials.

She heard a ping from her phone.

Taec: I guess you saw my gift. I'd always known you for the type that can be bribed. :P

Suzy smiled. She never thought she can be this happy to see his text.

Suzy: Well it's a gift basket with gummy bears and gift certificates for free steak, who in their right mind would say no to that?!

IU looked at her cousin with a smile. She knew she was finally going to get some proper sleep later. But at the same time she's concerned. She thinks Suzy is falling for Taec without her knowing. Taec on the other hand, she doesn't know what his intentions are towards Suzy. She knows very little about him. He seems to care for Suzy but the two haven't even met each other in person. "I better talk to Wooyoung." She thought.



Sooooooo it's been a while. I'm really sorry. I haven't had the time. I hope you would still read this story. I'm planning to finish this by the end of February or March. I've already figured out the whole storyline and I'm kind of excited to write it. It will be very interesting I promise you. :)

For the next chapter, IU starts to befriend Wooyoung to know more about Taec. You would also learn why IU is so protective of Suzy.