How It All Started

Because of You

Suzy's POV

It was just a normal day in my second year of high school. My classes for the day has ended and I had nothing to do. I went to my dorm's common area, sat in one corner and read a book. My classmate sat beside me. She looked frustrated. She threw her phone to the side.

"I can't take it anymore! Ugh!" She said.

Usually I could care less for people acting like this, but the book I'm reading is not that good and I have nothing better to do. I asked what's wrong.

"Ugh! It's this stupid guy I'm texting. He's a bit of pain in the . I'm trying to be a good friend but he still doesn't get it. So freaking obstinate." She said.

"Well, stop texting him then." I told her. Isn't that an obvious solution?

"But  he's dating Yubin, you know my bestfriend and roommate. They're sort of in  rough patch now. He got jealous with Mingoo who is just her lab partner. She wants to fix things with him but he's too obstinate to even listen to her. I'm trying to convince him into talking with her but it doesn't work. His skull is too thick."  She said.

"Uh-huh. Okay why don't you tell him that if he doesn't talk with Yubin, he will never know the truth. At least, if he hears her side he can judge for himself if there is really something to be jealous about." I said to her.

 Her eyes grew wide. She handed me her phone. "You know what, why don't you text him."

"What? Why should I?" I asked.

"Come on. I don't feel like talking to him  now. I need to study for a test in Biology tomorrow and you don't seem to be doing anything." She said.

"I don't know." I said. I was quite unsure whether I should meddle with our people's business.

"I'll treat you dinner!" She suddenly said.

"Okay. I'll do it." If there is one thing you should know about me is that I LOVE food. If you want to convince me to do anything, just tell me there's food involved, I'll do it in a split second.

She gave the guy my number. She told him I can help him with his problem. After a minute he texted and introduced himself to me. I texted him back. By 12 midnight, we were still texting. My friend was right, he really was obstinate. But for some weird reason, I felt compelled to reply to his texts. Maybe it's because we disagree in a lot of things and somehow I feel challenged to convince him to do what I think is right. We ended texting around 2 AM. The next day I was late for my first class. Ugh! I shouldn't have texted him. It's his fault I overslept. That's it! I won't text him anymore. I told myself.

My classes for the day has ended. I turned my phone back on and saw I received three messages from him. I decided not to read them. I went to the library to borrow books I need for my History class and went straight to my room. As I entered the room, I saw my three roommates huddling around a pan of pasta.

"Suzy, you're here! Sorry we started to dig in. It smelled so good. A guy named Taecyeon left this for you." My roommate Min said.

I immediately reached for my phone and read his messages.

Message 1:

You know what, I don't agree with you but I'll give it a try. I'll talk with her.

Message 2:

It worked! We're okay now. Thanks a lot! :) I'm making her pasta now, would you like some?

Message 3:

I left the pasta with your roommate Min. Apparently you're still not back in the dorm yet. Hope you'll like it. :) Thanks again.

Hmmm… Texting him wasn't a bad idea after all.

 

Or so I thought…

 


I know this chapter is a bit short but stay tuned. Things will soon get more interesting :)