The Photoshoot

Because of You

"Yah! Suzy! Wake-up!" IU shouted as she threw a pillow at Suzy.

"Mmmmghh…" Suzy turned to the side and covered her face with the pillow.

"Ugh! Come on! We'll be late for class. It's already 7:30 am." IU said as she held the alarm clock in front of her face.

"WHAT?!" Suzy's eyes shot wide open. She immediately sat up and grabbed the alarm clock from IU. "What the F#*k?! I'm late!"

"I know. Go and dress up. I think we can still catch the next bus if you hurry." IU said as she help Suzy fix her things.

Within 15 minutes Suzy was dressed up and ready to go. She was about to leave and go out the door with IU when she suddenly ran back to her room. "Sorry. Forgot my phone." She said to IU.

As they were riding the bus, IU was fidgeting a bit. She kept looking at her watch.

"Would you stop it?" Suzy said.

"I can't help it. I really don't like being late." IU said.

"Well you should've woken me up earlier." Suzy replied.

"Yah! I've been waking you for more than an hour so it's your fault why we're late." IU retorted.

"Ok. Sorry." Suzy said as she threw her hands up. She then decided to check her phone. She had seven missed calls and 3 text messages from Taec. "Sheesh" She said.

Taec : Good morning sleepyhead.

Taec : Hey are you awake? You better be awake by now or else you'll be late.

Taec : I bet you're still sleeping. Where are you?

Suzy texted him back.

Suzy: I'm on the bus now going to school.

Bzzzt…

Taec: Tsk tsk. You're late.

Suzy smiled at Taec's text. He has been monitoring her schedule since she started College. She had no idea why he does. It seems a bit stalker-like but for some weird reason she doesn't mind. Lately, he has been constantly giving her wake-up calls in the morning so she won't be late. Sometimes it works but most of the time, like today it doesn't. Suzy is such a heavy sleeper and it doesn't help that her conversations/arguments with him last until early morning. They have been talking for five years now yet they haven't seen each other, not even once. There was no attempt also from either one of them to try and meet up. They were satisfied with the relationship that they had. Well at least they thought they were. They like how they are with each other. They can talk about anything. There were no boundaries. They can be themselves and neither one judges the other.

Suzy and IU arrived just in time. They were both taking an Art Studies class. Suzy was a Fine Arts Major while IU was taking Fashion Merchandising. They took this class just so they can have a class together.

Bzzzt

There was another text from Taec as she sat down.

Taec: Fix your hair.

What? How did he know my hair is a mess? Suzy looked around the room as she fixed her hair.

A guy at the back smiled and waved at her. She replied to Taec's text.

Suzy: There's a guy waving at me right now. Do you know him?

Taec: He's my bestfriend, Wooyoung. I told him about you and showed him your picture. He finds you pretty.

Suzy: Please tell your best friend to get a life. Stalker much.

Suzy's text made Taec laugh. He loves teasing her and getting her annoyed. He never gets tired with her reactions. He is currently in New York taking up a Business Management Course in Columbia University. Despite the fact that they are from different time zones their friendship continued to prosper. He always have interesting conversation with Suzy.

After class, Wooyoung approached Suzy and IU.

"Hi, I'm Wooyoung. I'm Taec's best friend." He said as he reached his hand out to Suzy.

Suzy just put her headphones on and nodded without even looking at Wooyoung. IU didn't want to embarrass Wooyoung so she took his hand and shook it.

"I'm IU. I'm Suzy's cousin." She said with a smile.

Wooyoung smiled back. "What course are you taking?" He asked IU.

"Fashion Merchandising, you?" She asked back.

"Business Management." He replied.

"So you’re the best friend of Taec, what is he like?" IU suddenly asked.

"He's a great guy. Why are you asking?" Wooyoung asked back.

"I was just curious. He and my cousin have been talking for quite some time now yet they haven't even met each other in person, not once. Don't you find it strange?" IU said.

"Yeah. I do. That's why I was so curious about your cousin." Wooyoung said in agreement. "Speaking of your cousin… What's up with her?"

Suzy was completely ignoring them as she continued sketching on her notebook.

"Oh I'm sorry. Normally she's fun and friendly. She tends to be like that when she's working on some kind of art project. Her passion for the arts sometimes gets in the way of her socializing." IU explained.

"Well that's weird. Taec's like the total opposite. He is good at socializing with people. He's quite charming. I don't see how they get along that well." Wooyoung wondered.

"Me too." IU agreed.

They both laughed.

They continued chatting about Suzy and Taec.

Unknown to the two, Suzy was observing them since they've started talking. Actually, the picture she was sketching was of  the two of them.

After she finished her sketch, she ripped it from her notebook and handed it to IU. She then said "Hi stalker *cough* I mean Wooyoung." and smiled at Wooyoung.

IU looked at the sketch with a confused look. Wooyoung peeped a look at the sketch as well. "Why did you sketch us?" IU asked Suzy.

"No reason. I just think the two of you look cute together." Suzy winked at IU and walked towards the corridor.

Wooyoung noticed IU's face turning beet red.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Uhm yeah. Uhhh… I need to go now. Bye!" IU said hurriedly as she ran to Suzy's side.

Wooyoung smirked.

As IU reached Suzy she slapped her arm.

"Yah!" Suzy exclaimed.

"Why did you have to do that? He must think we're total weirdos now." IU said.

Suzy smiled cheesily. "You like him don't you?" She said.

IU scoffed at what Suzy said. "I don't like him. What makes you think that?"

"Well. You're so concern of what he might think of us… so that hints that you like him." Suzy proposed.

"B-b-but I don't ! Ugh!" IU said and walked faster in front of Suzy in frustration.

Suzy laughed. She knows her cousin too well. It was obvious to her that her cousin really does like Wooyoung.


It's lunch break. Suzy and IU went to the cafeteria with their friends Min, Jia, Fei, and Jiyeon.

"What do you want to eat?" Jia asked Suzy.

"I'm really starving. I need a burger. A huge one." Suzy replied.

"You always "need" a burger even if you're not starving." Min commented with a light laugh.

"Ha-ha" Suzy laughed sarcastically.

They all got their food and proceeded to a vacant booth.

"You guys are taking Art Studies together, right?"Fei asked IU and Suzy.

"Yup." IU replied.

"So… you're classmates with the campus cutie Jang Wooyoung?" Jiyeon asked excitedly.

"Yeah. IU seems to be getting really close with him." Suzy said as she smirked at IU.

IU's face started to turn red.

"OMG! IU can you introduce us to him?!" Jiyeon asked.

"Uhhh… maybe… *cough*… Suzy have you decided what to do for our photography project in our class." IU suddenly asked Suzy to change the subject.

Suzy noticed it but she decided not push IU anymore cause she was turning beet red. "No not yet. I really don't know what to do really."

"What project is that?" Min asked.

"We have to take two photos of ourselves. One showing who we think we are and the other showing who we think we are not." IU explained.

"Wow that seems fun! Can I help?" Min said.

"Fei and I want to help too." Jia said.

"Me too! I can bring clothes!" Jiyeon said.

"Sure." IU said sweetly.

"I really need the help anyway." Suzy said.

 "Let's do the shoot this Saturday in Fei's house, if it's okay with you." IU suggested.

"Yeah. Sure! Then sleepover after!" Fei said.

Everyone agreed.


Later that night...

Suzy: Who do you think I am?

Taec: I think you're Bae Suzy though sometimes I'm not sure.

Suzy: Haha funny. It's a serious question. I need to answer that for my Art Studies class' photography project. Can you at least describe me?

Taec: Hmmm… let me think.

Suzy: Ugh… I don't even know why I'm asking you. You'll probably just say that I'm boring or something.

She's so used to having senseless banter with Taec that she regretted asking him. Yes, they do talk about serious matters but mostly they talk about his troubles in life. Rarely do they talk about her. She thought he wouldn't take it seriously but then her she heard a beep.

Taec: I think you are a very interesting person. You have big dreams and you are not afraid to reach for them. You're spontaneous and very creative. You know how to have fun even in the most peculiar situations. You have a big heart that hides under that cold façade of yours. Honestly, I think you are a beautiful person.

Suzy was surprised by his reply. She didn't expect this view of his of her. She didn't know if she should take his words seriously or think that he was just kidding around. She didn't know how to reply to this. Does he really think that? Come on Suzy. This is Taec we're talking about. Don't be silly.

Suzy: Yes. I know. I am such a great person. No wonder your friends keep on stalking me. Haha

Suzy replied sarcastically.

Taec: Don't be too flattered. I tweaked my description of you to paint a good picture of you.

Suzy: What do you mean? That was the perfect description of me.

Taec: I didn't include these: a sleepyhead, a grouch, a glutton, and a hell of a crazy .

Suzy laughed. Those were the words that she expected from him.


The shoot was held in Fei's house as planned. She came from rich family and practically lives alone in her house since her parents are always away.

Suzy's first shot the photo for who she think she is.

She was wearing a simple beige blouse, an orange pair of shorts and a pastel green beanie to cover up her messy hair.

"That's it?" Jiyeon asked.

 Suzy nodded with a satisfied smile.

"So what's your plan for the shoot?" Fei asked Suzy. She was the photographer for the whole shoot.

"I was thinking of just standing here by the wall." Suzy replied.

"Uh-ok? That's creative I guess in a subtle way. Shall we start?" Fei said as she set up her camera.

After a few shots they were done.

Suzy went back to Fei's room where Jiyeon and Min were waiting. Suzy agreed to have the two dress her up since she really don't know what to do for this next photo.

They had her wear a y black lacey dress and a pair of black pumps which she could hardly walk on. Her hair had several blonde clip-on extensions. Her make-up was sultry as Jiyeon would put it.

As she walked towards the conservatory, Jia and IU had just finished decorating the floor with a bunch of red rose petals. Fei also finished setting up her camera.

"Since for this shoot you gave us full control, we want you to lie on the petals on the floor." Jiyeon said excitedly.

"Fine." Suzy said as she lay straight on the floor with petals.

"Now give us a pose!" Fei said as she clicked on the camera.

Suzy just laid there with her arms straight on the side.

"What kind of pose was that?" Min asked.

"I don't know" Suzy said.

"You looked like a log." IU commented.

"Well I don't know what to do!" Suzy said.

Jia then lay beside her. "Try doing this…" She said as she showed Suzy what to do and adjusted her limbs and angles as she stood up.

The girls were going for y, sultry, vixen look.

After a few adjustments, Suzy got the look.

Next came IU.

She came out of Fei's room wearing a bedazzled dress with her hair down. She was wearing some dreamy make-up on and put some rhinestone studs under her left eye.

"Wow IU you look like a fairy." Jiyeon remarked.

"You're so pretty!" Min said as she assists Fei in setting up the wind machine.

Jia and Suzy sat and watch as IU did her thing. She was a natural in front of the camera. She looked really good in the pictures.

She posted sweetly and looked effervescent.

For her next shoot she wore shorts, a white t-shirt and a huge fur stole.

"For this shoot, I think you need to look a little more rowdy and candid." Jia suggested.

IU was quite uncomfortable, she was always sweet, polite and well mannered. Looking rowdy and sticking her tongue out were way out of her comfort zone but she did it anyway.

Soon Fei wrapped up the shoot and the girls were in her room in their pajamas having their sleepover.

They sitting in a circle on the floor chatting and gossiping about school, love and life.

"So I think we seriously need an update, we haven't been hanging out that much, who are you guys dating/crushing on now?" Min asked the group.

Suddenly Suzy grin mischievously. "IU has a crush!" She announced cheekily.

"What?! I do not!" IU denied.

"Then why are you turning red all of sudden?" Jiyeon asked.

"I…I…it's because it’s hot in here. Hmph!" IU said trying to make-up an excuse for her noticeably red cheeks.

"Whatever IU! We've caught you. Come on just tell us." Fei said urging IU to divulge to them who the guy is.

Still IU won't budge and kept denying that she liked someone.

"Don't worry guys sooner or later you'll meet him. She'll introduce him to us." Suzy said with an evil smirk.

IU's eyes grew wide. "AND WHY WOULD I INTRODUCE HIM TO YOU GIRLS? YOU'LL JUST TEASE ME!" IU exclaimed.

"Oh so there is a guy." Jia figured.

"Yes… I mean NO… I mean UGHHHH!!! SUZY HAS A GUY TOO YOU KNOW. WHY DON'T YOU PICK ON HER?!" IU said founding a scapegoat in Suzy.

"ME?? I have a guy? Who?!" Suzy asked plainly with a straight face.

"With Taec!" All four girls said in unison.

"WTH?! No way! I don't like him at all. I know him too well." Suzy yelled.

" You know chatting until the wee hours of the morning  with a guy who's ultra handsome does seem  suspicious." Min pointed out.

"It's nothing like that. We just like to talk. There's nothing romantic about it at all." Suzy insisted.

"Well what about the random gifts he sends to you? Isn't that romantic." Jia asked.

Taec has been giving Suzy random gifts throughout the years they've known each other. He would send her expensive art materials from this boutique in New York or when he's in South Korea, he would cook for her and have someone give it to her.

"No. He's just really rich and has nowhere to spend his money I guess." Suzy said completely dismissing the idea of her and Taec being romantic.

"Whatever Suzy deny all you want but I'm pretty sure there's something blossoming between the two of you. Both of you just don't want to see it." Jiyeon commented.

"Glurp.." The group suddenly heard a stomach growling.

"Aisshh. Suzy's stomach is feeling deprived again. Come on let's go out and get some food." Fei said as the group chuckled.



Sorry for not uploading for so long. I've been extremely busy with school that I wasn't able to finish this chapter earlier. I hope you enjoyed this one. A lot of Taeczy and Woou moments :)) I hope I can upload the next chapter way sooner than I did with this. Anyway the semester break is coming next week. I guess I can upload a new chapter by then. Please comment and subscribe. It really does make me happy when you do. Upvote also if you like my story enough :) Thanks for reading!

What's up for the next chapter:

Taec's reaction to Suzy's photos

Wooyoung's reaction to IU's photos

Taeczy's big fight.

Woou's first "date"