forever. my everything.

family emergency

 


family emergency                 
(영원히. 我的一切.)                                  

 

            It takes all of God, all of Buddha, all of Zeus and Hermes and Poseidon for Lu Han to make peace with his demons and opt out of rabidly clawing out Jongdae's eyes, bringing them to a boil in a nice stew, and feeding it to a newborn puppy the very moment that his so-called friend suggests that the reason Minseok had been staying out so late was because he's been parting thighs for dirty old men with a for shota-looking boys. Or maybe some secret affair under the same circumstances. The very thought leaves him shaking in anger—horrified, terrified, rattling like loose chains—that such a thing could even be option, because Lu Han can't deal with the thought of having Minseok moan under anyone else but him.
             
            "You're a ing bastard, Kim Jongdae." The blonde-haired boy settles for. When he stands, the chair legs screech against the tile, hurrying out the café in stiff strides. "My Minseok would never, can never—he's mine."
             
            Lu Han storms into the convenience store, eyes aflame and jaw tensed. A few heads turn as he slams his fists down onto the counter.
             
            "Where is Kim Minseok?"
             
            The girl at the front simply blinks at him, wide-eyed. She raises a pointed finger to the back.
             
            "Minseok-oppa, there's a... someone... crazy..." Her voice is smaller than a peanut, squeakier than the bed springs inside Minseok's mattress. 
             
            Lu Han grabs the girl by the shirt.
             
            "Listen here, you little —" The girl cowers under Lu Han's deranged, serial killer glare that she swears has burning hellfire and brimstone as backdrop, but suddenly doesn't feel so threatened noticing how pretty Lu Han is.
             
            The pretty ones are always crazy.
             
            "Yes, Minah?" Minseok walks out then.
             
            Every single one of Lu Han's limbs simultaneously melt. His entire facial structure softens, a smile wide and majestic, maybe even a bit proud, with eyes so fond, so utterly smitten, taken by a small man in a blue work apron.
             
            Even his voice melts. "Minseok-ah," Lu Han exhales, clutching his heart because it's too much to even stand within five feet of something so dangerously attractive, so tragically befallen. The mortal definition of an angel exiled from the heavens forced to walk upon earth. Meanwhile, One Direction's What Makes You Beautiful starts blasting the speakers overhead.
             
            Minseok blinks at the girl pointing opposite the counters at Lu Han. When he turns to look at him, said intruder dies inside and would gladly take to fainting right into the floor if not for the fact that Minseok gives him life.
             
            "Lu Han?" There is incredulity ever-present in Minseok's voice as he speaks—ever-present in Minseok's life, really—and his boyfriend wreaking chaos at his workplace is so embarrassing that Minseok wants to crawl into a hole, assume the fetal position, and never emerge from the ground. He sounds exasperated, running a hand over his head. "Why are you—go away. I'm working. Whatever it is, you can tell me at home. It's not important, is it? Go home. Please."
             
            There was zero percent chance of Lu Han ever doing that, but he still glowers at the fact that Minseok wants him gone when he came all the way here, when he walked three blocks, crossed as many streets, pushed an old lady, leaped over two cars and a guard rail just to get here, and now he's being shooed away. What is his life. Minseok wouldn't have cared before—so he shouldn't care now—not unless he was hiding something that he doesn't want Lu Han to know about.
             
            (Like a secret affair, Lu Han hears Jongdae's voice in his ear, teasing)
             
            That's not possible—Minseok can't even fake a smile. Lu Han would put it past Minseok to keep something bottled up, especially something he wouldn't want him to know about—oh, but he's going to. He's going to hear the truth right from Minseok's mouth now even if he has to rip his throat out.
             
            The clerk has a hand running down his face when Lu Han pulls him by the shirt collar and sticks his tongue down his throat, kissing him like they weren't in public, like Minseok wasn't on the job, like Lu Han's lunch break doesn't end in the next ten minutes. The boy kisses him even as the other shop girl backs away and into the safety of the storage slash break room in the back, even as Minseok repeatedly slaps like a flailing bird against Lu Han's back.
             
            Lu Han pulls back slowly, returning bedroom eyes to Minseok's furrowed brows.
             
            "Lu Han," Minseok says calmly, with an edge of incredulity, irritation. "I'm working." The clerk returns him a semblance akin to puppy dog eyes.
             
            Lu Han nods just as calmly. "Okay."
             
            Both of their voices lower to a level softer than cotton.
             
            The clerk lets out a sigh, then a yelp, as Lu Han hoists the boy over the counter by his waist and shoulder, knocking over an entire basket display of fruit while he carries him out of the shop over his shoulder.
             
            "Wait—Lu Han—stop!"
             
            Lu Han ignores him and the tiny fists pounding repeatedly onto his back.
             
            Luckily, Joonmyun's house is right across the street and Lu Han knows of the spare key is hidden beneath the garden rocks.
             
            Minseok beats on Lu Han's calves even as his boyfriend hauls him upstairs to the guest bedroom reserved explicitly for Lu Han and Minseok, grunting when Lu Han tosses him onto the mattress.
             
            "I hope you know this is so not what Joonmyun had in mind when he got this place." Minseok frowns.
             
            "Why else would he have ten guests rooms if not for ?" Lu Han counters, placing a knee into the gap between Minseok's thighs. "Besides, it's not like he's ever gotten any action inside these walls."
             
            Lu Han reaches forward to knock on the drywall.
             
            "See, no answer?"
             
            The clerk shakes his head amusedly. "That's so stupid."
             
            Lu Han leans down, sliding a hand along Minseok's temple, his cheek, his chin before swooping down to bite his lip, sliding his tongue into the boy's mouth. Lu Han does this number where he runs his tongue, wet and hot, on the roof of Minseok's mouth because he tastes a little bit of what his boyfriend's had to eat that day.
             
            "Dubujeon?" Lu Han clicks his tongue, wincing a bit from the spice. "Topped with chopped cabbage and carrots."
             
            "And cucumbers," Minseok adds, a finger raised emphatically. "I added more vegetables to be a bit more healthy."
             
            "Ah," Lu Han pops a mint before kissing him again, long and slow.
             
            Minseok props up to sitting position, wrapping his arms around Lu Han's neck for support, who then starts to unbuckle his pants and Minseok's too.
             
            "I really should get back to work, though." Minseok says, breathless, into the curve of Lu Han's shoulder.
             
            Lu Han shoves Minseok back down against the mattress, his crown just inches shy from hitting the headboard. Minseok's hand holds onto the other's forearms loosely as Lu Han shucks off the clerk's trousers, tossing them off the side of the bed.
             
            "Me too," Lu Han laughs, pressing his lips just below the clerk's navel. "Me too." He wasn't supposed to leave the studio at all today. The producer wouldn't be too happy if he knew the new sound intern was skipping sessions already. Chanyeol covered his once, and Jongdae is an enabler.
             
            Their clothes come flying off until Minseok's left in a white wifebeater and black boxers, and Lu Han just shirtless and pants ped, belt slipping from the loops.
             
            Minseok neatly traces a fat symbol onto Lu Han's chest. And another and another and oh, it's a word.
             
            He takes awhile, taking his sweet time. Lu Han blinks.
             
            "What are you writing?" 
             
            "Yeongwonhi." Forever. He finishes.
             
            The intern his head, laughing. "Why?"
             
            "It keeps me from thinking too much." Minseok keeps his eyes low. "I do it when you sleep. If I mark forever on you, then you're mine forever."
             
            It's heavy, the way something dark and sadistic grabs and twists and wretches inside Lu Han's chest when he hears that, and he finds it hard to breathe, to speak. A heavy set of anchors fall right under his eyes, and his nose stings, like it always does when Minseok says something too honestly. His arms envelope Minseok's body fully, and he pulls him in tight, inhaling everything the boy lets go, exhaling his own fears.
             
            "I'm here to stay. Don't worry," Lu Han whispers, a thick voice coated with sobriety and it sounds like it hurts to come out of his throat because he's one second away from turning into a snotty, teary, puffy-eyed, and clingy-limbed mess the very life source out of Minseok's being.
             
            Lu Han pulls Minseok away then, seizeing him by the arms.
             
            "But I just have one—I get so—when it comes to you—I just want to know something." 
             
            Lu Han can't really put the right words together because how do you voice the unpopular opinion when the clerk comes home too tired to function and doesn't stop by Lu Han's apartment to say goodnight before whisking off to bed, or when Minseok stays out late and Lu Han sits by his phone all night waiting for a call until he passes out from fatigue, when he doesn't wake up to Minseok's sleeping face in the morning. When their hands touch but Minseok slides it into his pockets because they're in public.
 
            When Minseok meets up with old friends and doesn't take him along, and it hits really hard, knocks him down and out for the day, because Lu Han would. Lu Han would take Minseok everywhere to meet everyone and everything, just to make an occasion where he could shove it all in heir faces that Minseok is his, not theirs, but his, priding himself on Minseok's existence, but sometimes it feels like Lu Han's the only one who thinks that way.
             
            "Am I the only—" Lu Han has to think carefully on how he words this. He doesn't want to sound accusatory, doesn't want to offend—he just needs a little reassurance to calm his nerves. "For me, you're it. You're all—you're everything. So to you... to you, am I the same?"
             
            Minseok stares straight into Lu Han's soul as he brushes back the other boy's hair behind his ear. He just smiles, doesn't say a thing, and touches their noses together.
             
            "You're kind of a romantic idiot." Minseok bites his tongue, giggling. Lu Han pouts. "Just what does forever mean to you? Nothing? God I give up—yes—you're everything. I'm not fighting it."
             
            Screw Jongdae, he can eat his own words. 
             
            Lu Han relaxes his shoulders a little, melding their frames together. Their breathing settles into a rhythm one after another when time seems to stop for a moment, and their lips brush against each other.
             
            Minseok's whispers forever into Lu Han's mouth.
             
            Everything's perfect.
             
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
             
            "I'm going to get fired because of you," Minseok says, slipping back into his shirt. They both sit on the bed, Lu Han scantily clad with cloth draped over him too satisfied with the current state of affairs to care. "Just because you get anxious all of a sudden doesn't mean you can kidnap me from work."
             
            Lu Han shrugs, downing half a bottle of water before slipping his arm back around Minseok's waist. The bed sheets are strewn into general disarray, reeking of sweat and bodies and (and maybe a pinch of manly tears).
             
            "It's okay," he says. "Just tell them you had to leave for some family emergency."
             
            The clerk shakes his head in disapproval. "It's not good to lie."
             
            "What lie? It's the truth." Lu Han yanks the boy down by the hem of his shirt. "We're together right, that's the same as family."
             
            Minseok wants to say that it's still different but keeps his mouth shut because he knows exactly what Lu Han is thinking when his eyes set off and sparkle.
             
            "Hey—"
             
            "No, don't say it, don't—"
             
            "—can we get married?"
             
            Lu Han just bats his eyelashes and smiles, waiting for an answer.
             
            Minseok responds by burying his face deep into his palms. He doesn't move until he feels a finger trace letters across the backside of his hand and tries his hand at guessing but it ends up making no sense.
             
            "What are you writing?" Minseok says, muffled slightly by his own hand.
             
            "A mutual agreement we made. You said it yourself. Wǒ de yīqiè." He finishes. "My everything. I'm your everything, right? So if I mark you with it, then I'm always with you."
             
            "Yeah?" Minseok raises an eyebrow, curved lips and pink gums and all. "Mutual agreement? Is this some kind of proposal?"
             
            Lu Han laughs heartily, yanking the clerk back to bed, splaying their palms over the other's.
             
            "Only until I get you a ring."
             
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

a/n: i'm curious, is it wo de suoyou or wo suoyou de? nvm! originally wanted to write dirty possessive , but this is cute w/out ^u^