Angel

“You want me home now?”

“Yeah, it’s emergency. Can you?”

“Umm.. sure, wait I’ll just walk then.”

“Aniya, it’s too dangerous. My friend is there too, he’s using a red sports car, parked outside. Go there, he’ll bring you home.”

“Ah jinjja? I’ll go see now. See you oppa.”

“See you lechi.”

 

Yoonhee shoved her phone back into her bag before proceeding to the outdoor parking lot. To her surprise, the sports cars even have their own parking row. “Blue, black, yellow, white, green, p- ah RED!” Giggling, Yoonhee ran towards the car and opened the door.

“Annyeong hase- You’re oppa’s friend?!” she gasped, seeing the man who she bumped into earlier.

“Come in, Yoonhee, or I should say, Lechi.”

“W-what’s your name?”

“Chanyeol, Park Chanyeol.”

Yoonhee smiled warmly as she put her seatbelt on. Park Chanyeol, I will never forget you. The first person to recognize the pain behind my smile.

-

“What is it oppa?” she asked as she jumped onto the couch. “Get dressed, we’re going to meet someone important.”

“But op-“

“Stop whining! This meeting can change our whole life!”

“Arasso,” she mumbled, walking into her room. Yoonhee took her pale pink knee-length dress out and changed into it. As she put her pink flats on, she could see Jongdae already waiting in the car with his arms crossed. 5 minutes isn’t long right? He’s a weirdo really.

Jongdae stopped the car in front of a huge builidng, or maybe, an office. Yoonhee frowned, not understanding why would her brother come here. Guided by a female worker, they entered a room with the label ‘JHAYANASA’ and saw two elders, one woman and one man.

“Annyeong haseyo,” she bowed, taking her seat. Yoonhee couldn’t care less about what they were talking about with Jongdae, but her ears pricked up at the phrase ‘arranged marriage’. Could it be that he’s arranging a marriage for me?

Yoonhee shook her head, not wanting to continue her crazy thoughts. Impossible, she thought again, before fixing her dress.

“Oh right, so this is my sister that I have been talking about and of course, the girl stated in Dad’s letter.” Jongdae smiled while pointing to Yoonhee.

“Aigoo, she’s so beautiful!” Mrs. Park cheered and held her hands, “she’s perfect, isn’t she?”

“Alright, we’ll just meet again next time. I’ll text you the details. Oh but before that, please sign the contract first,” Mr. Park spoke while opening a file with a piece of paper inside it. Jongdae signed it without hesitation before bidding his goodbye to the Parks and leaving the room.

“What was happening earlier?” Yoonhee asked as Jongdae started the car.

“You’re marrying the s-“

“MARRY?! WHO?!” Yoonhee jumped out of her seat and screamed like a mad woman.

“Relax, it’s just a marriage, nothing more. You’re marrying one of the Parks, I still don’t know which son.” he replied calmly.

“HOW CAN YOU BE SO CALM?! HOW DARE YOU MARRY ME OFF JUST LIKE THIS?! I THOUGHT, I THOUGHT YOU COULD UNDERSTAND ME BUT WHAT NOW?!”

Yoonhee yelled and tried opening the door but there was no use; he had locked it. Histerically, she shook Jongdae’s body hard before suddenly,

*CRASH* *GLASS SHATTERS*

“O-oppa..”

__________________________________________________________________________________

“We need blood for Kim Jongdae. Is there any available stock?”

“I’m sorry to say but no, what should we do?”

Yoonhee slowly regained her senses back. After comprehending everything in her mind, “t-take my blood for h-him...”

“But-“

“Do it.” she firmly stated before closing her eyes again.

 

The pain was going to all of her body. Slowly, Yoonhee tried moving her fingers.

“Oh, you’re awake?”

Yoonhee nodded weakly and mumbled a few words, which the owner of the voice couldn’t decipher, “can you open your eyes? or like speak?”

This time, she shook her head and whispered hoarsly, “it hurts.”

Fortunately, the nurse smiled and understood what she was trying to say. After leaving the room for a few minutes, she came back with a doctor to do a check up on Yoonhee.

“She’s alright, she just needs more rest still. Let’s wait until tomorrow,” he told the nurse and left the room. Where’s oppa? Is he alright?

“Kim Yoonhee,” a voice interrupted her thoughts. The latter chuckled for a while before then sitting down on the chair, “Do you remember me?” Somehow, just somehow, Yoonhee felt like she had ever heard this voice. But who? She frowned, not remembering who.

“Of course you won’t, we only met once,” he chuckled again before continuing, “Perhaps, Park Chanyeol?”

This time, Yoonhee nodded softly as she recalled what he had said to her earlier. Coincidence, huh? Or maybe not?

“I know about the marriage thing,” he continued and stared at the girl, “it’s supposed to be my hyung,” he added.

“Park Changjo,” Chanyeol said it softly yet stern, and clearly.

“But you know, he had already left us all,” he chuckled again, this time bitterly. As flashbacks of him and Changjo ran through his mind, Chanyeol couldn’t care less who he was with. He just needed to let it all out; he had kept it in for too long and he just can’t.. can’t continue.

“Then... then... w-who am I going to marry?”

“Me.” he told her shortly at the same time, straightforwardly. He still hasn’t told her how much his hyung loved her although he only watched her from afar. And to Chanyeol, Yoonhee is still the one reason why Changjo died. Just because Changjo tried to confess to her. And then, it all just happened in a blink of an eye. Changjo got hit by a car.

“Park Chanyeol, the one who noticed everything behind my smiles, huh?” Yoonhee chuckled softly and pulled a strand of her hair behind her ears, “I want to know how.”

 

 

 

UPDATED: 21092013 19:10

Ohmygosh it's almost one month since I last updated and I'm terribly sorry ._.
I got a new job and it pays me more (WOOHOOOOO) though it'll take more time .-. but it's okay though, I'm so excited!!! \(><)/

P.S. BE HONEST ABOUT YOUR OPINION CAUSE HONESTLY I THINK THIS STORY *facepalm*