Seven

Uncommited
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

"Lia, I love you."

I have wanted to hear those words from Jae for so long but now I was too confused to process it. I had no idea what to say to him. I didn't really break up with Junsu but that's what he thinks and I don't know if I should tell him otherwise. I was torn between two guys, well three if you count Yongguk. I liked him but it wasn't serious. Jaejoong was pretty much perfect, especially for me. We got along great and we were the best of friends and I loved him of course. Then there was Junsu, he was pretty amazing too but that was before things went bad. I couldn't find any words to describe Junsu and that made me sad, maybe I was falling out of love with him. He was just... alright. Things changed so much between us. I felt guilty that I had not one word to describe my boyfriend. I was finally coming out of my trance and I found myself sitting on the couch, Jaejoong was right next to me. His hand on my thigh and the other around my shoulder. I looked into his eyes, they were shining with excitement but there was a hint of worry behind them. I felt tears rolling down my cheeks and his fingers were wiping them away. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket but I ignored it. It was probably Yongguk, I was running late, I would have to leave soon since I promised him I'd come.

"Lia, tell me what's wrong? Are you upset?" Jae asked. He was so concerned now. I hope he didn't regret telling me his confession, even though I wasn't reacting the way he had hoped I still appreciated it.

"I-I'm okay. I just need to think for a minute, I'm confused."

Jaejoong nooded and pulled me into an embrace.

"I understand, I'm sorry to dump it all on you but I just couldn't wait any longer. I needed you to know, I've loved you since the day I met you and I just kept falling for you more and more."

I cried even harder after hearing more of his confession. All the feelings that were surpressed were now emerging to the surface and I couldn't handle it. I was starting to feel angry, even though this is what I wanted, why did it take him all these years to say it? Why didn't he say anything when Junsu asked me out. He could have saved me all this heartbreak and I could have been happy, I could have been living my life with him, in his arms. He could have been the one I lost my ity to, not Junsu. He could have been so much more to me than he already was if he had jut said something earlier. I push him off of me and wipe my tears away. 

"Why in the hell are you telling me this now!? Why Jaejoong?! Why didn't you say something before?" I stand up and fold my arms. I was so pissed, at Jae and myself. I knew I couldn't blame him entirely because I was afraid to speak on my feelings as well.

"Lia, I'm so sorry! I wanted to tell you, I really did but.. I was too nervous and I was scared that I'd ruin our friendship and I didn't want to risk not having you in my life but then I introduced you to Junsu and he never shut up about you and I didn't think I could compete with him..."

His head fell into his hands and he started crying as well. I hardly ever saw Jae cry and seeing him now I knew he was hurting just as much as me, probably even more. Jae was very sensitive but he hid that side of him well. So having him sit here in front of me being completely vulnerable and open was such a shock to me and it crushed my heart. I hated seeing him like this. I reached down and hugged him tightly, I wiped his tears away and kissed his cheeks.

"Jae, I'm sorry...I overreacted. I could have said something back then too..."

He shook his head.

"You wouldn't have said anything

Please log in to read the full chapter