Into Pieces

Oh, Dear Neighbor

Amber's POV

As I drove though the busy streets of Seoul, I couldn't help to smile. All the good memories rushed through my head. Going to my first concert, passing by my favorite restaurant, my favorite store and more. But at the same time it made me sad. It reminded me of my first love. Chanyeol. After everything happened I haven't spoken to him but according to Mia and the boys he is doing fine.

When I arrived at my old house, I noticed a big banner placed in the front door. It said in big purple letters "Welcome Home Amber!". On the sides of the banners, white, blue and red balloons decorated the house making it look kind of funny for some reason. It looked like we were throwing a party for a five year old kid.

When I got out my car, I jogged towards the door and knocked on the door until somebody opened the door and that somebody was no other than my sister, Mia. She screamed my name loudly and threw herself to me embracing me in a tight and lovable hug. Oh, how much I missed her.

"I missed you so much!" said Mia. "You look so different! What happened to your hair?! Why did you cut it!? and that outfit! You look so fashionable!"

I laughed loudly and just allowed her to talk and talk as much as she wanted. I really did not have any problems with that. I missed her so much that I would even accept an insult from her.

"Well come in! There are some people that want to see you!" she said as she grabbed my hand and dragged me into the living room. There I saw the most beautiful and heart touching thing that I've ever seen.

There was a huge banner hanging on top of the dinner table that said "We missed you!", there were pictures of me with the boys and my sister all over the walls and my dear boys were standing in front of the table with a huge smile on their lips.

I let out a scream and quickly ran towards them. I kissed them all 1,000 times and hugged each of them so strong that I could have broken their ribs.

"You guys have no idea how much I missed you! All of you look so grown up!" I said wiping some tears from my face. They all thanked me and complimented me on my achievements, my looks and said over and over how much they missed me but there were two things that caught my attention. First, Chanyeol was not there and second something is off. I notice their excitement of seeing me again but there is just something on their faces that worries me. I believe there is something that I don't know.

"So tell me about you guys! What's new!?" I said as we all finally settled down and sat down. It was a little hard, since there are a lot of us, to find seats. Luhan, Baekhyun and Chen had to sit on the floor while the others squeezed themselves into three small couches.

"There are so many things we want to tell you! First, Suho is working on building his own label company, Chen is pursuing his solo career, as a side project, Kai has his own dance school, Chanyeol is-" said Xiumin before everybody started throwing pillows at him.

I looked around confused but no of them was looking at me. Some where looking down, others were looking at their hands or the ceiling, they were looking everywhere except me, and that worries me a lot.

"Guys, what's going on?" I asked as I looked around the room. I waited about 5 seconds until someone finally decided to speak and that someone was Suho "Amber, it's not our job to tell you about it. Chanyeol should tell you about it himself"

"Guys..is Chanyeol okay?" I asked worried.

"More than okay if you ask me" says D.O before Tao and kai slap him on both of his arms "I'm sorry Amber, but we really shouldn't tell you"

I let out a loud sigh as I sat up "As long as he is not hurt, I will not be worried" I lied " But when will I be able to see Chanyeol ?" I asked.

As soon as his name left my lips my heart started to speed up. I dreamt every day about seeing him again, about hugging him, smelling his cologne and hearing his deep but yet sweet voice. Just thinking about it makes me smile. I really do not know if he feels the same way about seeing me, but honestly, I hope he does.

"Chanyeol is in Rome right now, he will be back tomorrow at noon" said Kris as he sat up from his chair " We will let you know as soon as he arrives" he said with a smile.

"What is Chanyeol doing in Rome?" I asked confused, I know that he does not have any business in there or family so why did he go there? I also know what he did not have any interest in going to Rome.

"Oh it's nothing, he just wanted to visit" said Tao as he laughed nervously "Nothing else"

There is one thing about Tao that everybody knows..

He is an awful liar.

~.~

"Okay guys! I'll see you again tomorrow! Remember, dinner at 8!" I said as I walked the boys towards their cars.

All of them lived in different places now but they still kept that house in the front of mine. They said that in that house they shared many different things that they did not have the heart to sell it so once a week, they all come and just spend the night there and catch up on things.

After we all said goodbye, I jogged inside the house and saw Mia picking up some things around the house. I walked towards her and quickly ask her "Don't call me a jerk but I forgot about the kids and your husband. Where are they?"

Mia laughed for about a minute before she calmed down. I looked at her for a second asking myself what she found so funny about that question but that's Mia. She laughs at everything!

"They are at their grandmother's place. They'll be back tomorrow night" she said wiping some tears from her face.

God she's such a weirdo.

When we finished cleaning up, I went into my old room and settled down. I missed this room so much. All the things that happened in this room just rushed back to me making me smile lightly. I looked up and there I saw the window where I used to watch Chanyeol from. Jesus Christ I'm such a creep. I better go to bed, I have a long day tomorrow.

As I was about to lay down, my phone rang. I quickly picked it up and saw it was a text from an unknown number. Usually when I receive a text with an unknown number I never open it but for some reason, this one caught my attention. I opened the message and when I saw what it said my heart started to bear as fast as it could.  The message said

"Welcome home Amber, I'll meet with you tomorrow at 2:30 at your house - Chanyeol"

~.~

When the morning arrived, I felt like I wanted to throw up. All these butterflies in my stomach were making me go crazy. Just the thought of him being here made me go crazy. I need to breath and eat something. Who am I kidding I can't eat! I'll throw up if I do!

"Amber I'm leaving! I'll be back at 9 from work so if you want go out and get something to eat because I haven't gone grocery shopping yet" She was as she placed something that were scattered in the counter in her purse.

"I will." I said as I sat down and looked outside the window just thinking about what might happen this afternoon. All the things that could happen just rushed through my head making me feel more anxious than what I already am. I just hope everything goes okay.

~.~

 2:30

Where did the time go? I guess what they say is true. When you're nervous about something, time will pass by faster. As I stared at myself in the mirror, I kept on asking if what I'm wearing is okay. I am wearing something simple because I don't want him to think that I want to look extremely pretty for him. I am wearing a dark gray t-shirt, black jeans and black combat boots? Not bad right?

As I kept on looking at myself, I heard the door bell ring. For the tenth time since yesterday, my heart started racing. My palms are getting sweaty and my breathing got quicker. I walked towards the door and placed my hand on the doorknob but I did not open it right away. I calmed my breathing and my heart for a couple of seconds before I opened up the door.

There I saw him looking as handsome as he could ever be.

He was wearing a black coat and black pants. His face looked more bright and his body looked more muscular and toned. He looked so different. He has now become a man.

Chanyeol smiled and walked towards me giving me tight hug. I hugged him back and asked him "How have you been?". I wanted to say so many things like "I missed you so much" and "I'm sorry for leaving and not letting you think about things" first but I did not want to be a creep.

"I've been good what about you?" he asked back, breaking the hug and smiling at me.

I smiled back "I'm doing great. Come in"

Chanyeol walked into the house and sat down on one of the couches. As I walked towards him I couldn't help myself but admire him. He just looks so handsome and so manly that it unbelievable. Who might have thought that the little man I met more than 10 years ago is now a man, a very hot and attractive man.

"I'm sorry I couldn't be here yesterday, I was busy"he said with an apologetic smile.

"Don't worry about it. I heard that you were in Rome. How was it?" I asked as I saw down next to him. I did not sit very close to him because I did not want to make things awkward so I just saw down a little far from him.

"It was good" He said with a nervous laugh "It was very beautiful"

"I'm glad you liked it" I said "So according to they boys there is something you need to tell me"

I noticed Chanyeol's eyes widened a little but quickly returned to normal "Its something a little sensitive and that is why I wanted to tell you in person Amber"

As soon as he said that my heart started racing. I swear I think I'm going to have a heart attack by the end of the day. "What is it Chanyeol"

"I know we had our history in the past. I loved you and you loved me and honestly those were the best years of my life. You were my first love, you made me the man that I am today but unfortunately the relationship ended in a very unpleasant way" explained Chanyeol "After you left I was very depressed but after years I met a very amazing girl. She made me happy again and I owe a lot of things to her. I now you have not heard anything about her because I still haven't told the media and I-"

"Chanyeol, can you please get straight to the point" I said holding my tears back. I tried to look as if I had no problem with what he was saying but my poor heart was just breaking on the inside. All my expectations that I had for us in the future just shattered into pieces.

"The thing that I'm trying to say is that we are getting married in five months Amber"