Reminded & Broken [Bad Ending]

Left

 

-- 1 year earlier

 

"Sehun-ah~," my lover called me as I wasn't paying much attention to her. "Yes?" She leaned in and pecked my nose. "I love you." I smiled. "I love you more, baby. Don't you ever leave me." She giggled a tad bit and whispered, "I can't promise that.. But I can promise I'll love you until the very end." 

 

I was confused. What could she have meant by that? She is able to love me, yet cannot promise to stay by my side forever? Was it because I was too young and immature? I loved her so much-- and I still do, so I trusted her. I believed that she would stay with me forever. I thought she would give me warmth for the rest of my life. From then she distanced herself from me, always replying to my speech slow, expressing less love, never initiating the first sentence. She became a stranger. A few weeks after then, I found myself alone in bed. I glanced around my bedroom and found a note, with her name at the bottom. She told me that I wasn't good enough, so she left me. I had no idea where she went, so I locked myself in a dungeon fighting monsters; my stress, nightmares and loneliness. I needed her and I still do.

 

She is everything to me. 

 


 

I open my eyes. Eyes that see a ceiling as white as it would get, innocent as the colour could be.

 
Of course. She's not beside me. Yet, the bed smells of strawberries. We both loved strawberries..
 
I sigh. I squint at the light that is flashing bit by bit as I look to my right. It is morning. The window is half covered by a flowery curtain that she bought. The bedroom seems larger without her.
 
I get dressed. Dressed in to a plain tee and tight jeans. She loved me wearing simple clothing, so I always did and still do.
 
I walk downstairs to the living room. The couch no longer had a couple sitting together watching television. The couple barely even paying attention to the television as their eyes and bodies were fixated on each other. The living room no longer had her lingering.
 
I eye the kitchen. I head towards it. The scent wasn't minty perfume. Her perfume. 
 
 
 
Why does everything remind me of her?
 
 

 

 

I left him.
 
I left my only true love.
 
I loved him so much, and I still do.
 
I left him. I just did.
 
Many, many days ago. Countless days ago.
 
Why?
 
My love. My partner. My only one. My soulmate.
 
Why did I leave him? Oh, right. Still..
 
 
 
Why do I feel shattered to pieces?
 
 

 

We sang the same song everyday.

 

We sang to each other.

 

"He loved my voice."

 

"I loved her voice."

 
 
"His voice sounded just as delightful."
 
 
 
"Our voices were harmony."
 
 
"We were a perfect duet."
 
 
 
"A match made in heaven."
 
 
 

 

I do believe all the love you give

 

"I believed it."

 

♫ All of the things you do
Love you Love you
I’ll keep you safe Don't you worry
I wouldn't leave Wanna keep you near
Cause I feel the same way too
Love you Love you
Want you to know that I'm with you 

 

"Were you really with me?"
 

♫ I will love you and love you and love you
Gonna hold you and hold you and Squeeze you
I will please you for all times
I dont wanna lose you and lose you and lose you
Cause I need you I need you I need you
So I want you to be my lady
You've got to understand My love 


 

"I wish you understood."

 

♫ You are beautiful beautiful beautiful
beautiful beautiful beautiful Girl
You are beautiful beautiful beautiful
beautiful beautiful beautiful Girl 

 

"You sang me this everyday."



♫ I will love you and love you and love you
Gonna hold you and hold you 
and Squeeze you
I will please you for all times
I don't wanna lose you and 
lose you and lose you
Cause I need you I need you I need you
So I want you to be my lady
You've got to understand My love 

 

"I want you to be my lady, and only mine."



♫ You are beautiful beautiful beautiful
beautiful beautiful beautiful Girl
You are beautiful beautiful beautiful
beautiful beautiful beautiful Girl 

 

"It'd be nice if you could tell me that when I needed you most."

 

 

 

 

I explained to you every little crisp of detail of how much I love you and you left. You just left me. Without a single goodbye. No speech or note. No gesture or sign that you explained or expressed to me that you left. You left undeclared, unmentioned and concealed.
 
You left me alone. Alone in the darkness when you were my light. My shining bright light that left. Left to leave me confused what to do. You led me. You were my leader. You left to leave your follower dangling on a string. A weak string that has yet to be broken. Broken by the weight on his shoulders from the burden. Burdened him greatly. You did a signifigant job on that..
 
Months passed and I wake up everyday alone. The bed is empty and unfulfilled without your weight. The blankets have a weaker scent of strawberry. I repeat the same actions. Explore everything that reminds me of you. That is everything. Everything in this house reminds me of you. I need you back. In my arms where I can talk to you and tell you I love you. Where I can hold you.
 
I wish I could find you. But you left me without a single clue where you went. If I knew, I would rush to find you whether it was during a time of death, my time of death-- anything. I would find you and steal you back to me.
 
Today's the day. Yes. Today. I decide to look for you. The many 'X's' on my calendar marking I was getting a day closer to the day I will look for you. Because that day is your parent's anniversary. Yes, the day you visit your parent's home. 
 
I take a cab to your parent's home. It's about three hours away and cabs are expensive, but I would do anything to see you. To see your beautiful face. To see the sight of your smile. I miss it. It's been many months, since I saw the light of my life. I buy ninety-nine roses to hand to your parents as a present.
 
3 hours later, I arrive. The clouds are grey as it is about to storm. I examine the exterior. Your parent's home still looks the same. Still the same old house. Still that brownish-red colour on the bricks. Still the same tree on the right side that has grown beautifully since I've last seen it. I remember getting on my knee and asking for your hand in marriage under that tree. You teared and said yes, hesistantly as it was a sudden proposal. We both kissed softly and held hands.
 
I look at the roses I carry in a beautiful bouquet. Although it is ninety-nine roses, it seems like a million. To express never ending love, everlasting. Expressing that their love hasn't ended yet. I count the roses to make sure, it is ninety-nine. I count them to keep my heart from jumping out, of how excited I am to see you. To calm me down. I accidently cut myself from a few thorns and wipe the blood with a blue handkerchief. I finish counting. There are one hundred roses. I wonder why I have an extra one? 
 
I walk to the door. The door that leads to you. I mumble softly. "I love you."
 
I ring the doorbell. My finger trembled as I accidently rang it twice. My face turns a light shade of pink. The door slowly opens and I see you. Your beautiful figure in front of my face. I cannot believe it. You are exactly the same. Your hair is a dark brown, looking so fragile as your body is also. Your eyes widen at me, slightly tearful. Your beautiful eyes that smiled at me long ago. Your dress dances as the wind blows against it. A light blue dress, that suited you perfectly.
 
 
I smiled at you the entire time, until I heard police sirens.
 
 

 

You drive to your parent's house. You were going to surprise them with a gift. You arrive shortly, as you were staying at a friend's home that lived quite near your parents. You park the car outside and are a bit shocked your parents didn't have a party with lights on everywhere and random strangers dancing outside.

You giggle at the memory of your parent's last anniversary where they held a party that used so much electricity and food, it could last a lifetime.

You ring the doorbell while calling your parents. "Mom, dad, I'm here!"

There was no answer and you raised an eyebrow.

You twist the doorknob and surprisingly it was unlocked. You walk inside skipping happily holding your parent's gift to see them both on the ground. Their mouths slightly open, and eyes closed. They look weak.

Pale. Still. Lifeless.

 

Dead.

 

Your mouth trembles as you call them again. "M-Mom..Dad..."

No answer.

You get out your phone slowly with tears threatening to fall. You held them in. You have no idea who to call. Of course you remember to call 119. You dial them right away, and tell them the situation with a cracky voice. The voice that came out of lips that stutter out words that eventually spoke. Lips that seemed to not let out a voice for ages. Lips that seemed to not have talked socially for months.

A few minutes past and you sit on the couch. You can't believe what you see. Your parents, dead on their anniversary. No. They are not dead. It's not true. It's not happening. It didn't happen. At least not yet. 

You seem to go through what you call a hallucination period. A period of fright and disbelief. Every limb in your body starts shivering and shaking.

You snap out of it when you hear the doorbell ring. Twice.

You head to the door slowly. You open the door slowly and stare.

The man you loved.

The man you still love.

The love of your life.

In front of you holding roses.

He remembered this special day.

His smile, so nostalgic. The smile that contained every single memory being together. 

You whisper to yourself. "I love you."

 

You couldn't help but just stare at him with tears that finally streamed down.

 


 

I look back and I see an ambulance. "What is going on," I thought. I didn't ask as officers and doctors pushed me and scrambled though the house. They take out 2 lifeless bodies and I freeze.

They..died?

On their anniversary and the day I asked you to marry me.

July 4th.

 

That is the day, and that is today.

 

The doctors take them inside the ambulance and drive away. It's storming now. Raining loudly with thunder booming. You and I just stand. Still. Feet stuck to the ground still wondering. Wondering how this all even happened.

 

Why they died.

Why we even seperated. 

 

 

"I love you."

 

The 2 stood in front of each other.

They stared.

One tweaked a smile.

One's eyes widened.

One left the other.

The other was lone.

They were mutual in feelings.

 

I spread my arms around her until she flinched. I stopped and mumbled an apology.

 

"I love you."

 

He tried to hug me and I was surprised. I flinched. He mumbled sorry and went back to his normal position.

 

"I love you."

 

The two left each other.

One went back in a memory-filled home.

One left silently back knowing he wouldn't get anymore 'love'.

 

One was reminded.

One was broken.

 

One left,

 

and one was left.