The Childhood Friend

7 Minutes in Bangtan Heaven

"Oh, that's me!" A bright voice called out.

Could it be...?

You turn your head to confirm your initial suspicion and it was, in fact, Jung Hoseok. You felt your stomach drop as the boy walked over to you with his signature white and infectious smile. He ushered kindly for you to follow him and you did, without saying a word. 

After the door was closed, the two of you sat in the darkness of the closet, no one daring to say a word. You both felt quite uncomfortable. It wasn't like you disliked Hoseok or anything. He was probably one of the nicest and friendliest boys in school. It was your past relationship together that made you uncomfortable and a little bit upset. 

You grew up with Hoseok in the same neighborhood and went to the same school. For the first 14 years of your life, he was your best friend and the two of you shared a bond that was as close as siblings. After high school, you guys drifted apart because suddenly, Hoseok transformed from a hyper weirdo to a hot, dancer guy. And you still remained the awkward girl. Cliques , but that's how high school worked. Unfortunately, you two didn't have a decent conversation in a long while. That's why you were so uncomfortable.

"_____-ah~" he cooed. "Aren't you going to say something?"

You sighed softly. "What am I supposed to say? We haven't talked in forever. And we live in the same damn neighborhood."

"I'm sorry... I got busy when I joined my crew and-"

"Sorry doesn't excuse you being a ty friend for the past several years!" You interjected with venom in your voice,  your lips quivering due to some weird combination of anger and sadness. "You know some of your friends bully me too? Hoseok, you were literally my only friend and you abandoned me. That is seriously messed up!"

You stepped closer to him, while pointing your finger accusingly at him. Your voice was probably audible beyond the confines of the closet, but you did not care. You just wanted to make your feelings known to Hoseok.

"I..." he tried to explain himself but you kept on interrupting. "No! You have nothing to say here, Jung Hoseok! I loved you! And you...you...UGH!" 

With clenched fists, you huff angrily and sit on the floor, away from Hoseok. The two of you remain silent, before Hoseok awkwardly sits down next to you. You try to scootch away from him, but a wall is on the other side of you.

"I know you said sorry won't excuse anything, but I want to let you know that I haven't stopped thinking about you, ____." he began, quietly. "You're one of my best friends. And even though we drifted apart, I do care about you. So stop being mad like a babo-- I wanna see you smile~" He grinned and tickled.

You tried to remain cool while being tickled, but you burst out in laughter after a while. Hoseok stopped and giggled along with you. "There you go~" he chirped happily. You smiled and snuggled into his arms. "I really did miss you, Hoseok."

"I'll try and be a better friend. You got my number, so let's get food sometimes~" he suggested and you nodded in agreement. After a moment, Hoseok began in a low voice. "You said... you loved me."

"Y-yeah... about that..." you began, thinking of an excuse to explain your feelings for him. It was a strange love-- more than friends but not quite there. You were connected to him and you craved him. but he was still like a family member. Was this what true love was?

"It's okay. I love you, too, " he grinned that stupid grin at you. "Kinda weird to say since you're my first friend, but you're my first love, too."

You felt your cheeks heat up. What the is this? Why is my life like a drama??? "I...I don't know what to say."

"Don't say anything! Just let me kiss you~" he responded playfully, leaning in with kissy lips. You slapped him before he could get too close. "JUNG HOSEOK YOU ERT! L-let me absorb this first... damn it..."

"Arasso... okay," the boy murmured while you took some time to reflect on everything that just happened. It was weird and unexpected. But you wanted it so badly. You wanted him since you realized that boys weren't gross and actually pretty hot. 

"O-okay." you said, exhaling deeply and face him. He looked back at you with his signature bright smile and eyes turning into small yet cute crescents. He held you delicately by your waist and pulled you in closer, his lips slightly. "Close your eyes, ____-ah." he whispered.

You did as he requested and leaned in more until you felt his petal soft lips rub against yours. You could even feel his heartbeat race, indicating that you weren't the only one who was nervous here.

The kiss gradually grew deeper and more passionate. Your tongue slowly gained entrance into Hoseok's sweet mouth and you kissed like this for a moment before pulling away briefly for breath. He resumed kissing you and planted sweet and loving kisses over your lips, jawline, and neck, causing you to shiver. "Ooh~ I-I really like that," you whispered to him.

"Yeah?" he replied, in a low voice, leaning in for another kiss.

Before you guys seized another opportunity to kiss, the door opened suddenly. "OH GOD! WTF?" cried the group's poor maknae who was in charge of getting you and Hoseok out of the closet. You two pull away abruptly, chests heaving from both fright and lust. "It...it's time to go, guys," said Jungkook whose eyes were probably burning.

You two thank the maknae and leave the closet, sitting next to each other. Your friend Minah whispered in your ear, "We heard you yelling-- is everything okay?"

Hoseok grabbed your hand and intertwined it with his, smiling when you looked up at him. Looking back at Minah, you said, "Yeah, everything is fine. Just catching up with an old friend."


I'M PRETTY SURE THIS WILL GET FINISHED IN ANOTHER FIVE YEARS. JESUS CHRIST. LIFE HAPPENED YALL.

Thanks for being patient. I'll have more chapters coming up soon. I'll be done before the new year. Be sure to comment/sub/upvote/whatever. Thanks for supporting me!