My last letter to you

My last letter to you

                 I'm your friend since we were 5. I'm your best friend. You are my best friend.

                Life seemed so easy when we were younger. We were always together, we talked about everything, we did everything together. It was strange for some people because I was a boy and you were a girl but we didn't even care.

                I protected you from everything and everyone that hurt you, I would always make you laugh so you wouldn't be sad. I used to call you "Honey" because it sounds like "Annie". And you used to call me your "guardian angel".."

                When we were kids, you cried so much! You were so fragile, so sensitive. Well, I think the word that described you the best is "childish". Because we were always together, the other kids thought we were strange and weird. I remember them calling us that. It didn't really affect me but I can't say the same thing about you. You wanted to make friends so badly but when you talked with them they would walk away or just look at you in a strange way. You hated it and you'd be so sad. You would come running to me and hugged me so tightly. Then you would start crying and saying  " Why do they keep being like that to me? It pisses me off! I'm a normal girl but they think I'm a weirdo! I am not!!"  It made me so sad to see you like that but I just wanted to make you happy and make you laugh... Oh, it wasn't that hard. I would always say something like: "Please don't cry over them. They don't deserve your tears. They don't deserve seeing you sad and suffering. Don't waste those tears, save them for someone who's worth it. I've been telling you this for years, Honey. Don't let yourself be affected by people who don't even deserve your friendship". It was enough to see a smile on your face again.

                Ahh those times.. I remember everything like it was yesterday.

                I would feel so happy for making you happy too because one of the things I hated the most was seeing you crying. You're face was so beautiful when you smiled, it was so bright. It would make me so happy just seeing your face, your lips curved into a smile. One of the most beautiful things in the world.

                But there was a time when I couldn't be happy. And that was because you didn't smile.

                What that person did to you. Something that I will never forget, no matter what.

                You suffered so much and the only smiles you gave me were weak and false. And so was my happiness. You meant the world to me because I didn't see you only as a friend. My feelings changed. So did yours but I wasn't the reason of that change. He was. I hated that guy. He was so low that I don't even know how you loved him. And what pissed me the most was that he didn't loved you... And I did.

-Flashback: (when they were 20)-

                "Annie, it's us, Sunnie,  Yumi, and Lay! Please open your door!!"

                "I want to be alone, please!"

                "No! You can't be alone because we are here and you have to let us in! Just... please open the damn door so we can talk.. please."

                "...ok..." You were so dumb and stupid sometimes. I'm sorry to say this but it's true because you had great and supportive friends but you would always stay alone in your room, crying over that stupid guy. You needed someone to open your eyes and make you see what you were doing with your life! To help you letting go of that idiot!

                "Annie... you know why we are here right?"

                "Yeah, to ask me something that you already know the answer..."

                "Ya, why do you think that we already know the answer?? Because it's always happening! Because you let it happen! And because we told you to leave him over and over and you don't listen to us!"

                "And do you think that is easy? Leave the person I love?"

                "In this case, yes, because the person you love is cheating on you!!"

                "..."

                "See? You know it very well too Annie. So why are you so... blind? What does he have that makes you change the person that you truly are?"

                "I... I don't know... I just... I love him so much and I don't know why!"

                "That's because there's no reason for you to love him, there's a reason for you to NOT love him. Not only one Annie. But still you choose to be sad and miserable." Those words really hurt you but you knew it was true, you knew it very well but you still ignored those facts and continued suffering. " You know that we just want you to be happy again! We want to see you smile again! But for that to happen you need to leave him Annie. It has been 1 year of suffering because of that jerk. And while you were at home crying over him, he was just with someone else... I'm sorry if it hurts to hear this but we need to say this to you over and over again so you can make the right choice! So please, do it. For us. For Lay. For you."

                "I... " I couldn't take it anymore.

                "Ya, Annie! Just tell me something: after you started dating him, have you ever thought you were happy? How special does he treat you ? You are just a way to make him feel good about his miserable life! He doesn’t even care about your feelings, your suffer and not even your dreams!" Tears were falling down your face. But it was the only way to convince you. " You’re too good for him, too beautiful to be crying like that. You need to be loved, you have that right Annie. We are here to help you escape from him and to dry those tears." I could see hope, I could feel it.

                "I... ugh, you're right.. I'm so stupid!! How could I live like this for a year?! How could I let a guy like him do this to me?.. how... Thank you so much and I'm so sorry too! I wasn't the only one suffering. You were suffering too... I'm sorry! I just... I need to talk to him, to tell him some things and be free again..." And that was the moment I smiled again because you made us so proud of you. And I just couldn't wait to finally have my chance to have you.

-End of flashback-

                You were so brave. Facing him wasn't easy for you because of your feelings. But you did it.

                I also remember opening my door and see you soaked because of the rain, standing there with a weak smile on your face. Then, you said it. Finally you said it.

                "Lay-ya... It's over...and even though I'm crying, I feel proud of myself for what I did... are you proud of me too?" And what came out of my mouth was "Of course I am pabo!" How could I not!

                We were lying on the couch, you were telling me what you told him. The more you talked, the more I felt proud of you.

                "I'm sick of crying because of you. I'm sick of crying over some one-side love. I'm sick of you and I'm sick of suffering because of something that doesn't mean anything to you!! You never loved me so why did you said so? I don't know if I made you feel good about your miserable life or what but I won't do this anymore. Your lies disgust me. And yes,  I loved you but I hate you now. I don’t care about what happens to you because I can be better off without you. So, this was my message to you. Go on with your life and, because of how much you made me suffer, I just wish you to be unhappy." I remember you saying this with pride. You were so proud of yourself that I couldn't stop smiling. But I can't erase from my mind something you said:

                "Love is a sickness, you were my sickness and the only thing that's worse than you is me because I couldn't forget you and ended up being the only one suffering."
Ahh, I didn't even know you were that brave, seriously!

                A month had passed and I was ready to tell you my feelings. I was so nervous. Do you remember that day, the day that I confessed to you?

-Flashback-

                "A-Annie? You know.... I... I have something to tell you. Something that I should have told you some time ago..."

                "Oh... what is it Lay?" That smile again... It was making me so nervous.

                "I... Ok, I can't take this anymore so I'll just... spill it out for good! You know how I told you that you weren't the only one suffering? That we suffered too seeing you being treated like that? I wasn't suffering just because of that. I was suffering because I should have told you this a year ago. And also because the more I hided my feelings, the more they grew..."

                "Y-Ya, Lay, please, I don't understand what you're saying..."

                "What I'm saying is... Annie, when I see you the world stops . It stops and all that exists  is you and I can't stop staring at you. There’s nothing else. The world just stops, and it is a beautiful place because there is only you and me. When I'm with you I don't think about the past, I just want to treasure the present and try to create a brighter future. I… I love you and whenever you were with that guy I just wanted to stop you and make you see that I'm the special guy, the one that will treat you like a princess. But you were so blind to it. So, now, here I am, confessing my feelings to you." A moment of silence filled the room where we were. I could see tears in your eyes and, for my surprise, your lips curved into a small, cute and shy smile. And after that, my heart just stopped. What you said next was what I waited so much to hear.

                "Lay-ya, I love you too. So much! This month made think and realize that the man I always dreamed of was standing right next to me my whole life. Thank you so much for always making me feel special. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for staying with me"

                A Kiss. A cute and gentle kiss was what came next.

-End of Flashback-

                That day. That day is a memory that I want to treasure till the end of my life, just like my whole story with you. So I'm writing this letter so you won't forget this memory too. I know I promised you I would love you forever but I'm sorry that forever was such a short time. Even though it was short, it was the best time of my life.

                So, just promise me something: don't forget me.

                I'll always be your "guardian angel", I'll take care of you from above, just like the stars that you love so much. I will protect you.

                And always remember what I told you about love:

                -When people care about each other, they always find a way to make it work. You know that love isn't easy and you need to fight for it because what comes easy won't last and what lasts won't come easy.

                I just wish you to live a very happy life with someone you love but save a little place in your heart for me, for us, for our story.

              

 I love you, Honey.

Goodbye my love.


 

Hey~! I'm back~! This time with a one shot with Lay~~!!! *^*  I really hope you like it!! (I made this one shot with Lay because it was for an exo contest and Annie is a friend of mine who loves Lay~! ^^)