Chapter 5

Look Into My Eyes


An awkward silence enveloped the two girls. Jiyoung was still looking at the floor; the words that left kept repeating in her head, making it hard to think straight. It slowly dawned on her that confessing maybe wasn't the best idea and certainly not while being drunk but before the feeling of regret could hit her, she suddenly felt a hand carefully touching her chin and lifting up her head. Jiyoung couldn't avoid Gyuri's stare and flinched at the close proximity to the older girl's face.

The hand traveled up to her cheek, caressing it gently with the thumb lightly grazing her soft lips. It felt like a dream that Jiyoung never wanted to stop. Her heart was racing fast but thumped even faster when she saw Gyuri leaning in, coming closer and closer until the tips of their noses touched. They remained in this position for a moment, both preparing themselves for what was about to happen. Gyuri tilted her head and closed the gap, her lips gently pressing against Jiyoung's. The younger girl didn't respond at first, shocked that this was really happening but when she felt Gyuri's other hand her back, she finally relaxed and started to kiss back, their lips moving in sync. Jiyoung put her arms around Gyuri's neck and pulled her closer. It was getting hot and both of them didn't want stop. Gyuri slipped her hands under Jiyoung's shirt and explored every centimeter of her bare skin, eliciting a soft moan from her best friend. Jiyoung was struggling to handle all the pleasure and dug her hands into Gyuri's blonde locks.

Suddenly a phone went off, causing the two girls to break off the make-out session. Jiyoung recognized the ring tone to be hers and looked for the phone.

"Let it ring." Gyuri ignored the annoying interrupter and continued placing soft pecks on Jiyoung's neck.

"It could be important, who would call this late for nothing?"

Gyuri let go off her and lied down, the alcohol was finally taking its toll. Jiyoung staggered through the room, searching for her phone. It would've been easy if she wasn't smashed but she managed to find it and accepted the call.

"Hello?"

"Kang Jiyoung! Who allowed you to stay away over the night?! How many times have I told you to ask me first before you go to sleepovers?"

"Oh my god mum, are you seriously calling this late because I haven't asked for permission? I've left a note for you. I thought it's okay, it's just Gyuri after all!" Jiyoung mumbled, trying to calm her mother down. She was too drunk to argue with her.

"It doesn't matter! You can't just do what you want! And why are you mumbling? Don't tell me you're drunk!" Mrs. Kang was about to flip out.

"Mum, please! I'm just sleepy, you've woken me up. Can we please talk about it when I'm back home?" she pleaded.

"Well then...I'm gonna have a serious talk with you tomorrow, young lady. Good night." Mrs. Kang ended the call.

Jiyoung sighed in relief. This could've ended horrible if her mother found out that she was indeed drunk and not to forget, kissing her best friend. She wanted to continue where they left off but found said best friend deep asleep on the couch.

"My luck as usual...." Jiyoung sighed disappointed.

She decided to call it a day and join her crush on the couch. Not that there was much space left but at least it gave her a reason to snuggle closer to Gyuri. Who knows if she'll ever be able to experience the things that happened this night again.



The worst things always happen in the morning after a heavy drinking session and this morning was not different. It was a rainy day, Gyuri was the first one to wake up and immediately felt the stinging headache paired with dizziness. She turned her head to the right side and stared directly into Jiyoung's sleeping face. Without disturbing her friend's sleep, she carefully sat up.

"Urghh my head.....don't know if the alcohol is at fault or if somebody hit me with a Soju bottle." Gyuri complained quietly, massaging her head softly. She tried to remember what happened last night but her mind was blank.

Feeling that the warm body beside her wasn't there anymore, Jiyoung slowly woke up as well and her hangover was even worse than Gyuri's.

"I'd wish you a good morning but I'm pretty sure it's just as crappy as mine." The older girl greeted.

Jiyoung just nodded. She looked at Gyuri and wondered if her best friend could remember what happened last night, the conversation they had, the kisses they shared... She wanted her wish to come true. But soon enough her hopes were shattered.

"Do you know what happened last night? I can't remember a thing."

Jiyoung couldn't answer at first, she felt her heart breaking into thousand pieces.

"You really can't remember?"

"I tried but there's really nothing I can remember....Jiyoung-ah, why are you crying?"

Tears were rolling down Jiyoung's face without her noticing it. She quickly wiped them away.

"It's nothing." she waved off and got up to pick up her things. The only thing she wanted was to leave this place and lock herself up in her room. Telling Gyuri how they made out last night was probably useless, instead it could ruin everything so she decided it'd be better to act like nothing happened.

"You're a bad liar, Jiyoung. Tell me, did I do something wrong?" Gyuri asked, worried that she might have hurt her last night.

"You didn't do anything." Jiyoung tried hard to keep herself composed but her voice was quivering. She turned around, about to leave the room but Gyuri grabbed her arm to stop her from leaving.

"I won't let you go until you've told me the truth! Something must've happened or you wouldn't react like that!"

Jiyoung couldn't take it anymore.

"You wanna know what happened?! I'll tell you! You...you've kissed me last night!"

Gyuri's eyes widened, unable to say something because she couldn't believe what her best friend just said. Only when she saw tears streaming down Jiyoung's face, she composed herself.

"Jiyoung... Oh my god... I was drunk... I-I....I couldn't control myself! This wasn't supposed to be happening... I-I'm so sorry...”

Gyuri's words were the final blow into the remains of Jiyoung's already broken heart.

"Yeah...I'm sorry too."

Jiyoung stormed out of the house.



It was still raining and it didn't look like it was stopping soon. Jiyoung was sitting on a bench at the bus stop, waiting for her bus to arrive. She was already soaked but she didn't care. The coldness seeping through her clothes was nothing compared to the agonizing pain she was feeling. Tears were still running down her face, getting mixed with the raindrops. She was lost in her thoughts and didn't notice a car driving up to her and stopping right beside the bench. The tinted car window went down and revealed a young, handsome looking guy.

"Jiyoung-ssi?"

Jiyoung came back to reality when she heard her name getting called out and immediately spotted the guy in the car. If she remembered right it was Dongwoon, the boy she met in the Café.

"Y-yeah?"

"What are you doing here out in the rain? You'll catch a cold! Get in, I'll take you home." the brown haired guy offered.

Jiyoung figured this was the better option, getting sick after waiting too long in the rain was the last thing she needed now so she gladly accepted the offer and entered the car. Dongwoon drove off, accelerating to a moderate speed. He glanced over to his passenger, wondering if something happened.

"Not that it's any of my business, but....is everything okay?" Dongwoon carefully asked.

"Well, I'd obviously lie if I'd say yes...so no. But you probably understand why I wouldn't want to talk about it, right?"

"Yeah...sorry for asking."

"It's okay." Jiyoung waved off. She gave Dongwoon the directions to her home and spent the rest of the ride looking out of the window in silence.
Ten minutes passed until they reached Jiyoung's house.

"Thanks for taking me home, Dongwoon-ssi. If it wasn't for you, I'd be still waiting for my bus."

"You're welcome. If you ever need my service again, just give me a call." Dongwoon joked.

Jiyoung gave him a small smile and exited the car. The handsome boy waved before driving off. The rain was getting heavier so Jiyoung didn't waste any time and hurried to the get into the warm house. Once she was inside, she noticed the silence. It was 10AM, her parents were probably in church. She mentally thanked God that she didn't have to face her mother in this state and went up to her room to change into dry clothes before she really got a cold. After throwing her wet clothes in the laundry, she went down to the kitchen to grab herself a glass of water and some aspirin since she still had a throbbing headache.

Jiyoung felt her phone buzzing in her pocket but knowing who the caller probably was, she ignored it. The caller was persistent and continued calling the annoyed girl until she had enough. She pulled out her phone.

7 missed calls from Gyul<3

Jiyoung was about to turn off her phone when she heard a car stopping on the driveway. She glanced out of the window and spotted her parents exiting the car.

"Dang, they're already back!"

Not being ready at all to face her mother, Jiyoung ran up the stairway to her room and hid in her bed. Mr. and Mrs. Kang entered the house and only a moment later, Mrs. Kang called for her daughter.

"Jiyoung, are you home?"

No answer, only silence.

"I know that you're home so stop hiding. We need to talk young lady."

Still no answer. Mrs. Kang had enough and went up to her daughter's room, immediately spotting her under the blanket.

"Kang Jiyoung!"

Jiyoung peeked out from her blanket.

"Yes?"

"Don't act so innocent. We need to talk." Mrs. Kang replied calmly. And Jiyoung knew that when her mother answered in this tone, bad things were about to go down.

"Can we please not talk right now? I'm really not in the mood." Jiyoung sulked.

"Not in the mood?" Mrs. Kang scoffed. "I don't really care about your mood. Do you think it's okay to stay away over night whenever you like? How many times have I told you to ask for permission first?"

"Oh mum, it was just one night, it's weekend and I left you a note! I visited Gyuri, there's nothing wrong with that! I'm 19 years old for god's sake, don't you think I'm old enough to decide what I can do and what I can't do?"

"Watch your tone! And old enough? You were hiding under your blanket like a child when I came in! Your irresponsibility is really driving me nuts."

"And you constantly trying to control me is driving me nuts! I can't stand it anymore!" Jiyoung screamed at her mother.

Mrs. Kang's jaw dropped, shocked at her daughter's sudden outburst. Jiyoung had enough. As if the incident at Gyuri's place wasn't enough, now she had to put up with an unnecessary lecture from her mother that drove her to the edge of her sanity. It was too much to bear for the young student. She got up and started to pack some things.

"What do you think you're doing?" her mother asked, still perplexed.

"Obviously packing my stuff, I won't stay here a minute longer when you are being like that to me. There's only so much I can take."

"B-but where do you stay?"

A justified question. Jiyoung would've stayed at Gyuri's place but that was obviously not a choice anymore. There was still Sulli and she really hoped that her friend would be okay with a short-term roomate.

"If you need to find me later, I'm staying at Sulli's. Goodbye."

And with that, Jiyoung took her a bag, an umbrella since it was still raining and left her home. On her way to the bus she gave her friend a call.

"Hey Sulli, do you mind if I'll crash at your place for a few days? Home is not an option for a while."

"That's okay, I don't mind. But what about your friend Gyuri? Wouldn't you rather stay at her place?" Sulli wondered since she knew that Jiyoung was closer to the older girl. Jiyoung sighed.

"I can't...Long story short, we had a fight. I'll tell you everything when I'm there, okay?"

"Sure thing. See you later."

Another sigh escaped Jiyoung. It wasn't even noon but the she was already done with this day. Maybe she could get some rest later, this was everything she needed now. After throwing a last glance on her phone and seeing that she had another three missed calls from Gyuri, she switched off her phone and continued her way to the bus stop.



Author's note:

Hello my dear readers and welcome new subscribers!
I can't believe it took me this long to post a new chapter but here it is. It's longer compared to the other chapters, hopefully this makes up for the long wait. I hope you enjoyed that certain GyulJing part ehehe, it was supposed to be a bit more detailed and longer but I didn't want you guys to die from a heartattack and nosebleed. And I didn't have to mark it as rated M (maybe I should anyway but who cares).

If you guys are still here I'm more than happy to get some feedback from you :) I'm really grateful for every new subscriber I get but seeing how you guys stay loyal to this fic and support me even though I update so rarely is more than heartwarming. Just know that I love you guys.
And my dear friend CrazyReaper, you're welcome to kick me if you think I'm taking too much time to update haha. I'm a person who needs this lol.

See you guys on the next chapter! <3