Chapter 3

Look Into My Eyes


"What the hell!" Jiyoung mumbled after her digital alarm clock woke her up rather harshly. She rubbed her eyes and stared at the display. Saturday, 9AM. I forgot to turn off the alarm. Jiyoung was still tired but got up anyway since she was already awake. She took a shower, put on some fresh clothes and went downstairs to the kitchen where she sat down with a bowl of her favorite cereals. It was unusually quiet so Jiyoung assumed that her parents were already out of the house, doing their daily errands.


While munching on her cereals, she already planned out the things she wanted to do this weekend. There was still an essay that needed to be written for her business course but that was at the bottom of her to-do list. Gyuri would probably scold her for procrastinating on important university stuff, Jiyoung thought with a chuckle. Unlike her, Gyuri was always a hard worker; diligent, determined, a perfectionist. It was a blessing for Jiyoung to have a friend like her, especially because she tended to get lazy when important things needed to be done.


The ringing of her cell phone snapped Jiyoung out of her thoughts. It was a message from her close friend Sulli. They both knew each other since high school and decided to attend the same university.


"Are you busy today? We haven't seen each other for a while, let's meet up! ^__^"


"I have nothing important to do so yeah, sure thing :)"


A bit distraction wouldn't be too bad, Jiyoung thought.


"Hongdae. Our favorite Café. In an hour. See you later!"


Typical Sulli, always straight forward and demanding. Jiyoung finished her cereals and put the bowl in the sink. It would take some time to get to Hongdae so she grabbed her phone and keys and immediately headed out, walking to the nearest bus stop.




Entering the Café right on time, Jiyoung spotted Sulli sitting peacefully in a secluded corner and made her way to the table. Sulli was absorbed in a fashion magazine and didn't notice her friend standing in front of her. Jiyoung silently took a seat and just stared at the girl across from her, wondering when she would finally take notice of another presence.


"That must be one hell of an interesting magazine." Jiyoung blurted out suddenly, startling the younger girl.


"Jesus Christ! Jiyoung! Was it really necessary to scare me like that?!" Sulli complained, trying to calm down her racing heart.


"I didn't mean to, sorry...I've been actually waiting for you to notice me but you were totally engrossed in that magazine so I presumed that it must be really interesting." Jiyoung explained, trying hard not to laugh.


"Whatever, just don't do that anymore. It's not funny and I don't want to die from a heart attack. Anyways, nice to see you again, it's been some time since our last meeting. What are you up to lately?"


"University and stuff, the usual you know. There's not much time for other things." Jiyoung replied casually, taking the menu and looking through it.


"Not even time to date anyone? I know plenty of guys that are interested in you..." Sulli grinned.


"Too bad I'm not interested in them."


"Ohh come on, don't be such a party pooper! You could at least try and get to know one of them, maybe it would help you to loosen up a bit and not taking everything so serious. There's this guy, his name is Dongwoon and..." Jiyoung interrupted her babbling friend.


"NOT. INTERESTED. I told you I'm busy, I don't want to waste time on things that could possibly disturb my studies. I can't afford to fail my exams, my parents would kill me." Jiyoung tried to explain.


She knew it was just a bull excuse, most girls would surely find some time for dating but she couldn't reveal the truth. In no way was she ready to come out to her friend, or to anyone else for that matter. Sulli scoffed.


"You're seriously the most boring person I've ever known. I can't believe that you don't have the least bit of interest in dating a guy, especially if it's a fine looking one."


"Oh gosh, would you please shut up now? I'm done talking about it." Jiyoung pleaded, annoyed that Sulli couldn't drop the subject.


"Fine, I'll stop." she surrendered sulkily.


A waitress came up to them and took their orders. A moment of silence surrounded them after the waitress left to get their drinks. It wasn't an awkward silence but Jiyoung didn't want to spend the rest of the meeting with a sulky friend and tried to continue their conversation.


"So...what were you doing lately?" she asked with a smile.


Sulli looked at her, debating if she should ignore her friend but decided to not be a childish teenage girl.


"Well, besides studying and doing other important things I was busy with helping my mother in her flower shop. And I've been dating a nice guy for some time already, his name is Minho. He's quite good looking, sympathetic, funny and really kind." Sulli raved.


"The prince of your dreams, eh?"


"Pretty much." Suddenly she started to grin. "Talking about princes, look who just entered the Café."


Jiyoung turned around and immediately noticed a young, brown haired guy who looked quite foreign. She had to admit, he was somehow cute and the exotic kind of handsome. Something you wouldn't see daily.


"Do you know him?" Jiyoung asked the still grinning girl.


"That, my dear Jiyoung, is Son Dongwoon, the guy you didn't allow me to introduce to you. Still don't want me to introduce you?"


"I...uhm...well..."


"I take that as a yes."


And with that Sulli got up and went straight up to the oblivious guy who was still standing at the door, searching for a vacant seat. Jiyoung could only sit there and helplessly watch the younger girl having a talk with the mysterious guy. Their conversation didn't last long and both of them made their way back to the table where Jiyoung was waiting.


"Oppa, this is my friend Kang Jiyoung. We're studying at the same university in the same year. Jiyoung, this is Dongwoon oppa. He's also a student but at another university and he's two years older than us."


"Nice to meet you Jiyoung-ssi." Dongwoon bowed.


"Likewise." Jiyoung said and lightly bowed her head.


Not that she wanted to be rude or anything but she had to make it clear from the start that there was absolute no interest in being romantically involved with him. Dongwoon grabbed a chair and sat down.


The three of them were sipping on their drinks, talking together about trivial stuff and trying to get to know each other. Dongwoon turned out to be an easy-going, cute and likable guy, it was quite easy to keep the conversation going on. Any girl would've fallen for him already, Jiyoung figured but she had given her heart to someone else. There was also this peculiar feeling she had about the handsome young man but she couldn't quite put a finger on it. He was definitely different from other boys.


"Well, I had fun spending time with you girls but I have to get going. There are still some things that I need to get done today." Dongwoon took a piece of paper and a pen out of the bag he carried with him and scribbled something. "If you want to have another cup of coffee with me, just call me Jiyoung-ssi. I'm looking forward to our next meeting." he smilingly handed Jiyoung the piece of paper where he wrote his number on. "I'll see you around!" he got up, bowed and left the Café.


"Wow, that went better than expected." Sulli remarked with a big smirk.


"Don't get your hopes up too high. He's nice but I don't know if this is ever going to work out."


"You could at least try."


"Please spare me, I don't want to hear another lecture about dating from you." Jiyoung retorted with an inaudible sigh.


"Whatever. I need to head out too, my mum needs help again in the flower shop today. Call me when you're free for another meet up with me."


"You mean another lecture?"


"Shut up you grouch!" Sulli laughed. She grabbed her stuff, bid her goodbye and left the Café as well.


Jiyoung enjoyed the silence that her talkative friend left behind after she was gone. This meet up surely gave her lots of things to think about. Initially it should've been a distraction but now there were even more things that bothered her. Would she ever be able to tell everyone the truth? That she had no interest in being ually involved with boys? And even worse, no intention to get a girlfriend that wasn't Park Gyuri? Everything seemed to get more complicated the longer she waited for something to happen.


Jiyoung had to do something, she couldn't wait for a wonder that most likely wasn't going to happen. Just waiting for Gyuri to finally realize what the younger girl was feeling for her all the time wouldn't help in any way. Sometimes, you gotta take matters in your own hands to ensure that everything is going forward into the direction you want. And now that she thought about it, maybe her new found relation to Dongwoon would come in handy later.

 


Author's note:
Hey guys, I'm finally back! I can't believe it myself but it really took me 5 months to finally update this fic. I won't even try to make any excuses, I just hope you can forgive me. To the ones who are still with this fic, I wanna thank you guys for staying with me, I appreciate it a lot <3 Hopefully this new chapter is worthy enough as an apology for you readers, it took me a while to finish it because I'm trying to make the best out of the things I've planned for this fic. This chapter is also quite important for everything that follows plot-wise, it contains some hints about what is going to happen later. Anyways...
I hope you had fun reading the update and you're hungry for even more, I'm already writing on the next chapter. Don't know when it's going to be posted up but I hope very soon!
And to my friend CrazyReaper, I told you I won't give up on this GyulJing fic :D Sorry it took me so long, please accept my apologies :3
See y'all on the next chapter <3