Chapter 4

Because You're My Hyung

Chapter 4:

 

Luhan has been seemingly attached to this Kai character. Don't misunderstand, he is still stuck to Sehun like glue, but things are just different.

These 'things' keep Sehun up at night, give him anxiety attacks, give him a hard time breathing.

Sehun has always seen Kai as a rival, beating him out for dancing, changing his life style from a carefree world to an environment of competition and hatred.

 

 

 

 

One day, Kai was going back to his hometown to attend a funeral of his old best friend, Minseok.

Luhan and Sehun were with each other by the park that day, trying talk about whatever floated across the conversation at the moment.

"Did you hear what happened to Kai's friend? I feel so bad for him, he left this world at such a young age" Luhan keeps going on and on about how he pities Kai's loss.

"Kai is such a good friend, always loyal to his mates even when-"

"Shut. up. I really don't care." Sehun's cold side has reach surface, and this scared Luhan.

After a moment of silent tension, Luhan pulls out his sticky notes and pencil. He was writing down a few words until Sehun agressively grabbed his wrist.

"I thought you're done with your notes! I hate this Kai kid, he's changing everything, even between us!" Sehun snapped, he was just done with everything that came in the same category as Kai.

"He's so nice and kind-" Yet again, Luhan was cut off.

"I don't give a damn what you have to say, because it seems that you don't give a damn about what I did for you before"

"Who says I didn't appreciate what you did before? You're being such a crybaby about this."

Luhan didn't see what he did wrong, but he also didn't see Sehun's feelings of unappreciation and betrayal.

Little did he know that Sehun has been having panic attacks ever since Kai came along, even though he tries to tell his hyung about how he feels. Usually, Luhan would push this away and continue to be carefree like Kai.

"Crybaby, thats what you used to be! Now I'm the one crying everyday! Since I was little I've done nothing but protect you and listen to you! Now we're here, and you're insulting me and push away my feelings. These are things that I want someone to confide in but apparently this friendship is a one-way street"

Luhan was stunned.

Honestly, it was his ignorance, he was used to being the protected one, the one who was cared for.

"Well, ever since Kai was here, you've been the bad friend!"

Luhan didn't wanna go down without a fight in this argument, and blindly shot that accusation.

"What if I told you that I don't like how things are different? What if I told you that I feel like our little world is being invaded by a stranger? I don't like this feeling, I don't want things to change!" Sehun was letting out everything, how he is afraid of dealing with changes, how he just wants things to be back to normal, how he wants to back to the old days.

He was confessing his whole emotional range of depression to his hyung.

Yet again, Luhan didn't listen.

"There are so many reasons to get over this! Things change and by the way its turned out, I want things to change! I'm starting to hate you for what you're becoming!" After hearing what Luhan had just told him, Sehun calms down, and looks to him,"You know what? You're right. Change is good, but you should change too. You've been the same since we were little. Why am I the one always ending up getting hurt? Why do I fight for your fights? Why can't I get someone to protect me? Why can't I have someone to confide in?" Sehun's voice was dark, but pain was present, as well as disappointment.

Luhan couldn't handle what was being processed. Was he being a bad friend? Did he just hurt the person who's always been there for him? When was the last time he even protected Sehun or even helped him with his personal conflicts?

No, Luhan pushes it away.

"I'm starting to list reasons as to why we shouldn't be friends anymore" Luhan mumbled.

He grabs his notes from the floor, blind with anger, and furiously scribbles down all his reasons.

Meanwhile, Sehun feels like his heart was shattered and that he's screwed up his life.

He's losing his sanity, his best friend, he's lost his shot befriending the other kids by being with Luhan.

He leaves the park to go to one place where everything was the same, where it is still untouched by the filthy hands of reality. The dance studio.

However, Luhan was still pissed off. "Hey punk! Come back! I still haven't gathered all my reasons!" Sehun turns and faces Luhan, shocking him with his flushed face and soaked cheeks.

"Gather all your damn reasons by yourself! Gather all the f*king reasons in the world if it makes you happy!" Sehun runs out of the park, through the streets of Seoul and Luhan chases him, not finished with business.

Luhan catches up to him in the middle of the street and tackles him.

Punches were thrown and bruises were made. Knuckles made contact with skin before they finally managed to push away from each other to stand up.

Before Luhan can see straight and knock the daylights out of his former best friend,Sehun pushes him, out of the way of an incoming bus, taking it himself instead.

 


Someone kill me now ;-; SO MANY...TEARS...BLINDING ME.../explodes.