Maddie's note- Thanks for the feature!

Friends with Benefits

Hi guys!

I just wanna thank you guys for the feature, it really came as a surprise cos this story was written 2 yrs ago? LOL~ I've had lots of time on hand then but I got a job and so I haven't been writing anything new since. 

Anyway, I thought I'll just share with you some thoughts behind this drabble?

Well, 1st things 1st, this fic was started cos I wanted to write some y KyungsooxOC times. LOL~ Not exactly what you were thinking huh? So... The fic started off with a scn. But then I began panning out the story so it fast forwarded to OC's rlnship with Chanyeol.

Throughout the fic, I've been trying to insert hints that OC misses Kyungsoo & she compares him to her current. 

2ndly, which is what many of you managed to pick out, is the difference between the "perfect one" vs "the one for you". I wanted to show that love is not always "at first sight" or the typical portrayal of butterflies in stomach/fireworks behind eyes. Love can be simply the mundane things, and you can be completely comfortable and at ease with the other person. In this story, OC was so used to Kyungsoo's company, cos he's always by her side. It's not until he was distanced, raised on a platform (literally), that OC realized she hadn't been looking at him properly. She had taken his presence for granted, and only noticed it when he's not around anymore.

Unknowingly, Kyungsoo had taken such an important place in her life and position in her heart, that she can't see a future without him. The scn where he's buttering bread for her, is representative of a domestic life she can foresee with this person.

3rdly, some of you were confused why Kyungsoo called Chanyeol. It's cos when OC first dialled him, she was asking for Chanyeol. So naturally, Kyungsoo thought he wasn't the one she wanted to see, thus he helped her call Yeol. There's another layer behind this- On the surface, OC wanted Chanyeol, but in her heart, her instinct was to dial up Kyungsoo. 

One reader also noticed I didn't make Chanyeol out to be a bad character. That was intentional. Cos sometimes a person might be perfect, but that person might not be for you. 

Lastly, the part where she was trying out the dress was smtg that came to me on a whim. They were seemingly arguing abt something superficial, but OC was trying to find out what she really means to him, but Kyungsoo is not one for superficials. He likes her, regardless what's on the surface. Be it what she's wearing, who she's with, as long as she's happy. Even though he's never her choice.

And OC was frustrated, cos he's never confessed, and she don't know whether he likes her enough or not to make her his.

So the moral of the story is, never wait guys, confess your feelings~ LOL~

(P/S: I was never in a friends with benefits situation, so I was mostly writing this by guessing/imagining how it'd be like) 

 

Again, I want to thank you for the lovely comments and upvotes~ I still drop by to read fics so I'll see your comments, but I'm not writing anymore cos hey~ Real life calls, keke~ 

 

By the way, support Kyungsoo's new movie! "Unforgettable!"