You Are My Destiny: Chapter 1

You Are My Destiny

 

9 Years had passed since that fateful day…

 

Kira walked down the sidewalks of Seoul on a cold winter day, much like the fateful day when she had met her savior… Amber. She was on her way to work. She had landed this job a few months after meeting Amber.

 

The name sent chills up her spine. Amber… The money she had given Kira had literally saved her life. She was able to live off of it for that short amount of time and eventually got a job. She saved every bit of money she earned, keeping only small amounts for food.

 

By age 10, she had enough for a small, rundown, shack-like building, but it was a place to stay. Now, at age 16, she had enough to share a small apartment with a friend from work, Hyuna. The two worked in a small noodle restaurant on the outskirts of Seoul.

 

Kira and Hyuna were both in a giant rush to fill orders today, because for some reason, the restaurant was busting with people.

 

Kira’s P.O.V.

 

“Yah! Give me that!” Hyuna shouted grabbing the rag from another worker and rushing out to clear a table. I walked out from behind a counter with trays in each hand. I sat then in a couple tray holders and began dishing out orders. “Japchae? For you Sir.  Guksu? Here you are Miss. Jjol-Myeon? Ah, here you are.”

 

Then soon after the rush was gone just as suddenly as they came, the restaurant was quiet, and empty again. “Whew… looks like the rush is over!” Hyuna said with a wide grin. “Yah, Boss~ Do you mind if I leave early tonight? I have some things that have to be done~ Besides, we’ll be closing soon anyway!” She gave him her famous ‘pouty’ look, causing him to blush a bit. “Aish, fine! But you owe me dishes tomorrow then.” Hyuna looked displeased, but didn’t argue. “Arasso, Arasso…”

 

She rushed over to me, grabbing me in a hug. “I’ll see you at home, okay?” She winked, then released me and ran out the door excitedly. “Aigoo… that girl… always leaving me to clean up.” Boss gave me a ‘sorry…’ face and disappeared into the kitchen. I sighed and grabbed a mop.

 

I’d been mopping for a while when from behind me, I heard the front door open. I rushed over and put the mop against the wall to go seat our customer. “Annyeong ha seh yo…”  My voice trailed off as I met eye contact with our customer. Before me stood a blonde, short haired girl with eyes that entranced me, pulled me in. I couldn’t speak.

 

“Annyeong.” She answered. I managed to clumsily make my way over to seat her. “A- a…” my voice trailed again as she sat down and looked at me. “What?” She asked me, looking confused. “D-drink?” I managed. “Ah, tea please.” I nodded and slipped into the kitchen. I couldn’t believe she made my heart pound like this!

 

I brought her tea out to her. “W-what would you like to eat?” She sort of smirked and stood up. “This is enough, I’m just passing by.” She stopped for a second to look at me. “You… have I…?” She started, but stopped and came over to me. She picked up a strand of my hair, looking it over. I was so stunned; I froze and felt my breath wearing thin. Her scent… she was so close to me my heart was pounding 90 miles an hour! Her face grew closer, and closer… I squeezed my eyes tight, expecting to feel her lips on my forehead, but suddenly she dropped my hair and said, “No, there’s no way I would know a girl like you.” She turned to walk away.

 

“Ah…” I tried to speak to her, to keep her near… She turned to look at my surprised face. Smirking, she said, “You. You’ll scare your customers away like that.” Pointing to my apparel, she also added. “Wash up a bit. What sort of fashion is that anyway?”

 

Then she disappeared as swiftly as she had come. I just stood in shock until my boss yelled at me. “Yah! Why aren’t you cleaning? Do you want to get out of here at midnight?” “A-Ah! Mianhaeyo…”

 

I ran over and grabbed the mop again, and started to mop profusely. A sudden anger came over me. Who does she think she is to tell me how to dress? Aish!


 

 

I grabbed my coat and made my way to the door. “Annyeong everyone! See ya tomorrow!”  “Annyeong!” A few answered.

 

Heading out into the night filled streets, I made my way home. I passed several clubs and bars along the way, but never really encountered problems, so it surprised me to see a couple of people fighting a few yards in front of me. A large crowd had gathered to watch. I was just about to cross the street to get out of all the ruckus when I noticed something.

 

“H-Hey!” I screamed and ran forward through the crowd. “Get away from her!” I screamed outraged at the scrawny man attacking the girl from earlier. I hit his arm to knock him away. “Her?” He shouted. “I thought she was some gay guy or something lippin’ off to me! this, I’m outta here. You ain’t worth my time. Take your girlfriend and go home, dike.” He spat. When he walked away, I turned to face the girl whose name I still didn’t know.

 

She looked extremely pissed off. “Son of a !” She shouted outraged. “Why the did you interfere?” She screamed at me. “That bastard…” She turned to leave. Seeing her walking away from me like that… brought an image to my head. “A-Amber…” The name slipped out.

 

Her knees locked, and she turned to look at me. “H-how did you know that? Who are you?” She demanded. I couldn’t speak, I couldn’t even breathe. It was her. She was it, my savior, my…

 

Amber reached out and grasped my shirt collar roughly causing me to drop my bag. “Answer Me!” She shouted. “I-I, no! I mean, you don’t… recognize me?” Her expression went from really angry, to slight surprise, to a cold, expressionless face.

 

“Tch, sorry chick.” She said as she released her grip. “But I’ve never seen you before in my life.” She turned from me again and began to walk away sort of slouching with her hands in her pockets. “W-wait…  You, when we were children, you lent me 55,000 won. You really don’t remember?” I asked sadly. The one I’d wanted to meet all my life… the one I’d lived for just to meet, didn’t remember me? I felt my eyes prickle with oncoming tears… no, please don’t let me cry in front of her.

 

She stopped once again and turned to look at me. Smirking as what she saw, she said, “Is that why you’re stuck to me like glue?” Repulsed, I said, “N-no! It’s not like that!” Angrily, I tried to explain. “I just want to thank you, to repay you somehow. I – you saved my life! Because of you, I live, so please… isn’t there something I can do to help you?...” I felt my eyes starting to pool over with tears as she looked at me with those eyes… they were so cold, but she half smiled as if everything was perfect.

“…if you really want to repay me…” She said taking a few steps closer to me. “Then…” By now she was so close; I could feel her breath on my face. She reached up and took a strand of my hair like before, and pressed it to her lips. “Why don’t you help relieve some of my stress?” “H-huh?” I asked mesmerized by her perfect, almond, chocolate brown eyes…

 

“Like this…” She whispered dropping my hair and placing her hands on my cheeks. By now I was blushing so deeply I thought I might burn holes in her palms. Before I could even blink, her lips were on mine. My eyes slowly closed and I focused on the burst of emotions surging through me. All too soon, she broke away, leaving me huffing, and wanting more.

 

“Come to me.” She whispered in my ear as she lightly bit my ear lobe. I didn’t say a word. I didn’t need to. I simply reached out, grasping a bit of her jacket sleeve, and let her lead me to paradise.