Saturday, The Day (2)

My Neighbour

 

He looked at me in the eyes and so do I. Then he broke the silence by saying, “You look good today. You really are grown up.” He said it again.

“Thanks hyung, but duh don't said something like that, you're not that old you know.” I said to him.

“I know, but I witnessed your growth. You were this little and now you're so pretty.” He said it.

I pouted, “Pretty? I'm a guy ok.”

“Okok, now you're so handsome and also pretty.” He said and gave me a merong.

“Ughh, whatever.” I gave up.

I looked around, the restaurant were full of people. Most of them are couple, I just know they are couple. The stage was full with instruments and the performers were on stage and ready to play. I turned my eyes to fully concentrate on the performance. The singer was a woman middle 30's, I guess. She has a beautiful voice. Their music really great. I wonder if Baro hyung enjoyed the music too? So, I turned my head to Baro hyung's place, to my surprise he's been staring at me. Is he observing me? I'm in a state of nervousness now.

“Uh uh hyung? Why are you... staring at me?” I asked him shyly. I think I'm a bit blushing now. Oh no, I should cover it what should I do.

“Ah... ani, nothing. I just like seeing you, that's all.” Said him smiling like always.

He said he likes to see me? My heart beats really fast now. “Eh? Wh-what do you... mean hyung?.” I asked him and he just laughed and turned his head back to the stage. I wonder if he likes me like I like him.

 

The waiter came and brought our food. I looked all of the dishes in wow. They all look delicious. Baro hyung and I start eating. I ate the lasagna first and I can't describe the deliciousness of the food.

“How's the food Channie?” He asked me.

“Very delicious hyung!” I answered him.

“I'm happy that you like it. Want to try mine?” He offered and tried to feed me. I froze for a while then I opened my mouth to give in the food that Baro hyung feed me. He just feed me, I munched the food slowly and swallowed it. The taste of the food was very delicious, its because hyung fed me. “How is it? Delicious right?” I only nodded and smiled shyly. I feel like I'm not different with other people in this restaurant.

 

We finished our dinner and Baro hyung looks like need his dessert, so he ordered one. I was so full, I refused his offer to order a dessert.

“Hyung, I need to go to the toilet, ok?” I said to him. He nodded.

I went to the toilet and washed my hands. The toilet was empty, I stayed there for a while. Somehow I'm still nervous, but just a bit. My heart really can't beat slowly when I'm with Baro hyung. I was thinking what should I do after this, then I could hear someone entering the toilet. I washed my hands again but I felt a man beside me staring at me. I looked at him and I was right he was staring at me.

“Excuse me?” I asked him. The man just giggled and smirked. I could feel an evil aura around him.

“Hey, you look so pretty boy. Want to go out with me? A club? Hotel?” He asked me.

“What?! I'm still a High School student!” I shouted at him and tried to go out but he grabbed my hand.

“So what? High School students are hot.” He said seductively. I tried to fight him and he released my hand. I ran out from the toilet to the table. I tried to calm myself and changed my expression as relax as I can.

“Oh, Channie, want to try the dessert, this is so yummy!” Baro hyung said to me.

“No, thanks hyung.” I said. I looked around trying to find that man. I turned my head to the toilet and I found him just got out from the room. I turned my head again facing Baro hyung. Baro hyung looked confused at my act.

“Are you ok, Channie?”

“I'm fine hyung.” I answered him.

“Ok then, try this now.” He fed me again. “How is it? Delicious right?”

“It's too sweet hyung.” I said to him.

“Oh!!! Sorry, I think it's because of me, cause I'm sweet.” Baro said.

“...........HAHAHAHAHA” I laughed hard and Baro hyung laughed too.

 

We finished our dinner time and its time to go home. We went out from the restaurant to the parking lot. Suddenly, Baro hyung said that he lost his car key and he sured that he left it on the table, so he went back to the restaurant. I waited outside.

I waited under the tree near the parking lot. It's already 9.00P PM. I sat on the bench and waiting. Someone tap my shoulder. I turned my head and said, “You found--”

“What? I did found you boy.” It was the man from the toilet.

I stood up and yelled at him, “What do you want go away?!”

“Still the same, I just want to hang out with a pretty boy like you. C'mon boy, let's play with me. Only for one night, ok?” He said forcing me to follow him. I refused him and I was going to run but he caught my hand (again). “Don't go anywhere boy. Come on come with me.” He said and brought somewhere. I was screaming inside of my head, where's Baro hyung?

“HELP!!!” I screamed. He closed my mouth with his hand.

“SHUT UP WILL YOU?!” He shouted at me.

I bit his hand and shouted again “HELP!!! BARO HYUNG!!! HELP!!!”

“YOU LITTLE BASTARD! I WON'T BE NICE NOW.” He said then he pushed me on the ground. I'm dead now, he's going to me. I'm dead.

“EH... ARH...” I'm trying to fight him, but I'm too weak. So, I tried to scream louder hoping that this time someone will hear me, “HUAHH BARO HYUNG!!!”

Then I closed my eyes, because I didn't have the energy to fight him. But then, I didn't feel the weight of that man again. I opened my eyes and I could see that Baro hyung already punched that man in the face. Baro hyung looked awfully scary, like a gangster. The man ran after receiving a blow from hyung. Baro hyung looked scary, I'm getting scary somehow than he grab me and pulled me. My hand is getting hurt, he grabbed me to hard.

“Hyung.......” He keep walking without looking at me. “Hyung.... It's hurt.” He slow his pace but still grab my hand. “Hyung..... can we stop first! My hand is hurt!” He stopped and faced me.

“You know what?! I was so scared when I went back to you and I found you lying on the ground almost getting . I was so scared that I can't protect you.” He said looking extremely feel guilty.

“Hyung! It's not your fault!” I said to him.

“It is my fault! I can't protect you gongchan.” I decided to hug him to calm him down. He looked surprise but he returned the hug.

I said between the hug, “It's ok hyung. I'm not a child anymore, I can protect myself. I'm sorry for making you worried but just forget it hyung. I'm ok now.”

He released the hug and said, “Let's go home now.” He embraced me once again and walked to the car.

 

When I was inside the car, I was thinking about that moment in the car park. It should be nice if I confessed to him. But I'm too shy. Does he like me? He didn't said anything about him liking me. But he always cares me and his act toward me is something promising that makes me always hoping for him to return this feeling. Does he only think me as his lil brother? I turned my head to window and looked around the street. I feel depressed now. I realized that he only thinks me as his brother.

 

We arrived, he parked his car. He approached me, then I said to him.

“Hyung, today I had fun really. Well the last part is not fun at all, but I'm fine. I'm so happy today! Thanks hyung.” I said to him and forcing a smile.

“You don't look really happy channie. Is there something bothering you?” He asked me.

“No, nothing hyung, I really had fun.” I said and again forcing a smile. Baro hyung didn't show me any sign of something bothering him like when we arrived at the restaurant, now it's me that feels bother by things.

“Ok, hyung I'm coming in now. Once again thank you, good night.” I said to him.

“Wait!” He said.

“Yes hyung?”

“Why don't you stay at my house for today? We used to have a sleepover at weekend right? Why don't you stay, only for today?” He asked me.

I don't know what to do... what is he going to do now? I don't want to fall even deeper in love with him when he just treats me like his brother. What should I do?