Pizza

A twist of fate

“See you later” Kevin says, with my face that is, and walks to the chair he sat before to pick up his purse. I keep standing with my back to the door, even when he walks back towards it to go outside, I don’t look at him. I know he’s looking at me, I can feel his eyes, but I can’t look at him, not now. I mean, he stole my first kiss! Miyoung and Emy always tease me about the fact how much I treasured that first kiss. I wanted it to be something special. I would have given him my first kiss, without hesitating. But the way it happened now, there was just no feeling in it. It was just meaningless, a meaningless first kiss. It’ makes me so angry!

“Oi, Kev, you alright?” AJ asks. I nod.

“You didn’t have a fight with your little lady friend there, did you?” Soohyun asks and grins. I sigh.

“Ow, you did… was it bad?” he asks, genuinely worried. I shrug.

“Let’s just keep practicing, I need to clear my mind” I say. Soohyun nod and gets up. The others follow his example and get into position before the music starts playing again.

 

“I’m beat” I exclaim, laying down with my arms spread on the floor. Dancing is the best. I can clear my head think more rationally. I feel kind of bad how I treated Kevin. He practically didn’t do anything wrong and it’s my fault for being too sentimental about that first kiss. Ok, I’m a bit sad but maybe I went a bit overboard. I should apologize to him.

“Neh, Kev. What was with the fight? What was it about?” Hoon asks, sitting down next to me. Aah, what to say? I knew this was coming… I guess I was too busy thinking about Kevin.

“Euhm, she… asked me why I hadn’t told you guys we were dating yet” I say: “I explained myself in the wrong way, she got annoyed, I got angry.”

“And why didn’t you tell us?” Soohyun asks, standing next to Hoon. I sit up.

“Eeeh, I wanted her to accustom at the situation before she would be thrown in the spotlights” I say.

“Ooh, thoughtful Kevin” Eli says teasingly from across the room. Soohyun nods. It seems like he was pissed off at the situation. I can understand that though. His band members having a relationship and he not knowing about it.

“Ah, I can’t be pissed off at a gentleman like you” Soohyun says and messes up my hair: “Now hurry up and go apologize to your lady!”

I look at him.

“Or just talk it out, whatever. Anyway, make sure the issue is resolved when you return to the dorm” he says. I look at him, still somewhat surprised of what he said.

“Come on, what are you waiting for?” he asks and motions me to get up. I do so and grab my stuff. When I’m ready to go, I look at the guys to say bye. Soohyun makes ‘get a move on’ motions, telling me to hurry up and go. I sigh and nod.

I really should apologize. Even if what he did was maybe a bit wrong, he did it with the right intentions. I had no right to be this angry. I sight. What to do? I keep walking towards my apartment, we decided to meet there after practice was over. Suddenly I stop and look at the big sign that says “Pizza”. Maybe I could take some pizza, as some kind of apology. Maybe he hasn’t eaten yet. But what if he did? He liked pizza, right? I keep looking at the shop, debating whether I should buy some or  not. Aish, just buy some. It’s not like I’ll be hurting someone buying it. I go inside and order two take out pizzas. An old guy serves me and in a little while, I’m back outside. Only a few minutes later, I reach my apartment. I knock on the door. No answer. I knock loudly again. Still nothing. He came back here, right? I feel the door, it’s locked. Why do I only try the door now? It’s still  my apartment. There’s still no sound coming from the other side of the door and I’m slowly getting worried. If he were here, there should at least have been some sound coming from the other side, right? Did something happen? Suddenly, the door flies open and I see Kevin standing in front of me with tiny eyes.

“What took you so long?” I ask him while I walk to the living room. I see him rub his eyes. Don’t tell me he was that tired he fell asleep.

“Sorry, I fell asleep” he says. I sight loudly.

“They should give you guys more rest, overworking isn’t going to get you guys anywhere” I say.

“Sorry, was practice too hard on you? Sorry, I forgot to warn you about that” he says. I turn towards him and look at him surprised.

“I’m not talking about practice, I’m talking about you guys in general. You’re always tired, not sleeping enough” I say. I suddenly remember I brought pizza.

“Ah, I thought you might be hungry, so I went to get some take out before coming here” I say and I left the bag a bit for him to see. I don’t think he notices it himself, but his face lights up a bit. I’m happy, that means that it was a good idea to bring the pizza. I walk over to the couch and put the bag on the table.

“Sorry I don’t have a proper place to sit” I say and I feel the couch dipping in next to me. Once I opened the pizza, he picks a piece and starts eating. I glance at him and see him smiling. If only we were in our real bodies. I would love to see his expression like that with his face instead of mine. I take another piece of pizza.

“I’m sorry I was so rude to you this morning. You didn’t do anything wrong and I was just being pathetic” I say and look at the floor.

“You were not being pathetic” he says. I shrug. I was, he didn’t mean any harm with what he did. I feel like he’s going to say things that will rectify the way I acted, he’s just that  kind of person.

“We should look for the key that makes us change and for what can return us back to normal” I say before he can do so.

“Yesterday you… kissed me and we changed” I say. Idiot, bringing up that kiss. What if he goes apologizing about that again? I don’t want that. It’ll hurt.

“We… could try again to see if we change” he says hesitatingly. I sigh. I’m happy he didn’t apologize. I nod.

“Close your eyes” he softly says.

“Ok” I say. I feel his hand softly touch my cheek, slowly moving closer.  It’s weird, knowing you’re kissing your own face, but now that my eyes are close and I feel him touching my face, it’s like I’m forgetting about that. Like my face disappears and I can see his clearly. His face, his touch, his lips. Unlike yesterday, where I was caught by surprise, I react to the kiss. Slowly answering the tiny movements he makes. My whole body starts feeling warm and something is let loose in my stomach. Would these be those famous butterflies? He softly lets go of my lips.

“This time, I won’t run away” he whispers against my lips before pulling his head back. I open my eyes and still look at my own face.

“We’re still the same” I say. His cheeks are flushed, but I guess that mine are no different.

“Then why did we change last time?” he says.

“It could be at random” I say. He sighs and rests his head against the back of the couch, looking up at the ceiling. I follow his example.

“I know it’s not the best situation, but let’s just try and make the best of it” he says. I nod.

“It’s not every day you can be with your idol” I say and chuckle.

“Or be your idol” he says and laughs. I sit up and shake my head.

“This may be your face, but it’s not you” I say. He looks at me with a confused look on his face.

“I prefer you with this face.”

 

AN: It's been a little while, please forgive me! Been busy (why am i so busy? I'm supposed to still have holiday!) And the times that I wasn't busy i didn't really feel like writing but that's bc of personal stuff and i'll spear you guys from that Anyway, here's the next chapter ^w^  I notice that ppl are confused about who is talking when. I'm trying my best to make it as clear as possible but i'm sorry if i failed TT TT  Anyway, most of the time, it's the soul talking, not the face. So if Eunmi is in Kevin's body, she'll say for example: "Kevin pouts". This means that where Kevin his soul is (in Eunmi's body), that face is pouting. Is that clear somehow? Tell me if it's not ^^'  But sometimes, it can get confusing, bc if other ppl join the convo who don't know they are switched, they'll start calling Eunmi Kevin, bc they see Kevin's face but don't know it's actually Eunmi inside. Be sure to tell me if it gets too confusing and i'll explain it more into detail if it's uncomprehensable.
Anyway, enjoy :3