Sunset

A twist of fate

“I prefer you with this face” I say. His eyes widen and I avert mine. I should change the subject, somehow my heart is racing and I’m starting to feel uneasy.

“Do you want another slice of pizza?” I ask, standing up. I act as if I’m stretching my muscles a bit. He shakes his head.

“I wondered about this before, but how did practice go? How come you didn’t have any problems with the dances?” he asks me. I smile.  That’s right, I didn’t tell him about that.

“I do dance school” I tell him: “I’m moving to this apartment so that I can be closer to my college.”

His eyes widen. He probably thinks it’s weird, right?

“That’s awesome!” he says. I smile again.

“Thanks” I say: “I learned a lot  of your dances for training and my exams.”

He smiles widely.

“Ah, I wanted to try something. Would you mind standing up for a bit?” I ask him. He looks at me a bit confused but does what I ask of him. I point at the spot I want him to stand.

“What are yo-“ he says but before he can finish his question, I launch leg, going straight for his head. Only a moment later, I bend double and fall to the ground, gripping my stomach.

“Omg, are you alright?” he asks, crouching down next to me. In one swift movement, he had evaded my leg and counter attacked, aiming at my stomach.

“I’m so sorry, I don’t even know why I did that” he says.

“Because I would have” I say before letting out another grunt because of the pain. He looks at me with big eyes filled with confusion.

“I did some defense training when I was younger. If I get attacked, those reactions come to me like a reflex” I say.

“Ah, so you attacked me to figure out if our bodies kept our reflexes” he says, nodding in understanding. I nod back.

“Sorry about your stomach” I say.

“What?” he exclaims: “You’re the one feeling pain now, not me!”

“It still is your body” I say. He looks at me and sighs before he helps me get up.

“Are you ok now?” he asks. I nod.

“This explains why I didn’t make my usual mistakes in the dances, because I had your reflexes. Also the position’s are slightly different from when I do them, so because of your reflexes, it went easier than I thought it would” I say. Kevin nods.

“So I didn’t have to worry” he says and sighs lightly. He was worried?

“How do we change?” he exclaims while letting  himself fall down in the couch again.

“And when will we change again?” I ask when I sit down next to him again, still holding my stomach.

“You texted your friend about this, right?” he asks me. I nod.

“I told her I was curious about the story she told us about. I asked her if she could tell me more about it” I say: “She send me the whole story, it’s actually more like a legend or a curse though. I was just at the part where you’re not supposed to tell anyone when you were about to.”

“I’m glad you stopped me when you did” he says: “And anyway, being lovers might not be that bad.”

My mind goes wild for a moment before realizing he’s just talking about our fake “relationship”. What did you expect? We’re practically strangers. And anyway, I’m no more than a fan. I feel Kevin shift a little next to me.

“D..did she say something else? Like… how to reverse it” he stammers. I glance at him. It looks like he’s nervous all of a sudden. Why?

“The ending of the legend got lost in time, she told me. No one ever knew the ending” I say and sigh. It’s quiet for a while.

“Well, it looks like our only choice is to find out ourselves, right?” he says and smiles at me. I nod and smile back. He suddenly averts his eyes.

“Uhm, so let’s clean up a bit more!” he says.

“Are you serious? This is my place, you shouldn’t be helping!” I say.

“Seeing how I’m wearing your face right now, it’s my place, strictly speaking” he says and grins: “And I decide to unpack some more things.”

I sigh.

“I really can’t win against you, can I” I say.

“No, you can’t” he says and grins: “Now get up and help me.”

I chuckle and get up.

 

“Why dancing?” he suddenly asks while we’re organizing the bathroom.

“Eh?” I ask, surprised at the sudden question.

“Why do you want to dance? You said you did dance school, right?” he asks and turns towards me. I nod.

“It has always been my dream, to dance. I’ve been dancing from before I could walk. And I…” I stop. He’ll laugh at me when I tell him.

“And you what?” he asks.

“Nah, it doesn’t matter” I say.

“It does” he says. I shake my head. He sighs.

“Tell, me or else!” he says coming closer to me.

“Or else what?” I ask. He grins.

“Don’t forget I have your body!” he says. My eyes widen, then I close them and sigh.

“You’ll laugh at me” I say and I avert my eyes: “I’ve always to be on a stage, as a background dancer.”

“That’s awesome! Why would I laugh at you?” he says.

“I don’t know, people always told me it was a childish dream” I say. He shakes his head.

“It’s not” he tells me and smiles.

“Thanks” I say. He turns back around to go back to organizing some of my stuff.

“Aren’t you forgetting an important detail?” I ask. He turns around looking confused.

“You were threatening me with the fact you have my body, but did you forget I also got yours?” I say: “You have more on the line than me, haven’t you?”

I chuckle.

“Shouldn’t you be at least somewhat scared. After all, I’m the creepy fan, who knows what I would do” I say. His eyes widen. He walks up to me and pinches my cheeks. I look at him in surprise.

“You’re not creepy, silly” he says. He lets go of my cheeks.

“And anyways, I trust you. I don’t know why, but I trust you not to be that kind of person” he tells me.

“And if you really were the kind of person to take advantage of the situation, then why didn’t you shower or at least change my underwear” he says and grins. My cheeks get red instantly.

“Y..y..yo…y..you!” I say.

“See, I trust you” he says and smiles. I sigh. He chuckles.

“I’m glad it was you who I changed with” he says and turn around for the second time.

“But we do need to find a way to solve some problems though, if we’re going to stay like this” he says and dances around as if he needs to pee. I laugh.

“Just go” I say. He looks at my with big eyes.

“You don’t mind?” he says.

“Of course I do, idiot. But I can’t expect you to wear diapers, can I?” I say. He bursts into laughter, resulting in a higher pressure on his bladder.

“Yah, don’t make me laugh like that!” he says.

“Just go” I say. When he returns, we silently decide not to say anything about it.

 

After a pretty long time, we decide to call it a day and both sit down on the couch.

“Aish, my neck hurts!” he exclaims rubbing it.

“I told you didn’t have to help” I say.

“But I wanted to” he says pouting. I look at him and laugh.

“You know, that really doesn’t work when you’re in my body” I say. I look outside.

“That’s the second time, you stayed here this late” I say: “Or should I say, I stayed this late. Aah I don’t know anymore.”

I sigh.

“Maybe I should get back soon” I say. He nods.

“Last time, I was the one to go back” he says: “But who knows when we’ll change again.”

He gets up to the window and looks outside.

“The sunset looks really pretty from here, you’re lucky to have such a view” he says. I get up and join him at the window.

“It’s funny how you can see the stars on that side” he says pointing to the left: “while you see the sun setting on that side” he continues, pointing to the right.

“It’s been a while since I saw the sun set like this” he says: “I missed it.”

“Aaand it’s gone” I say. I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

“Yeah” he breaths. Weird, I thought he was standing on the other side of me. I open my eyes and look at the side from where the sound was coming from. My eyes widen as I take a step back, looking at Kevin’s side figure.

“We’re back to normal again!”

 

AN: They changed back! No kissing this time XD What would be the cause of their switching? >:3 Enjoy ^w^