Princess Raemin

Who's My Fool Ondal?

The spring breeze blew as King Hwan stood at the edge of the river bank. Light footstepd were heard as they kneeled on the ground, bowing.

"Abeoji." They said. King Hwan sighed and whirled around, giving him a professional expression. "Princesses, we have come here today, to tell what we have been keeping from Princess Raemin." 

*A secret?* Raemin thought. She turned to her left and gave Hana her clueless stare and Hana just nodded. "Princess Raemin, it's time for you, to be married," he commented and Raemin smiled brightly but frowned,"But, not just any man, a fool ondal."

Raemin widened her eyes and started bombarding him with questions. "Abeoji, wae? I thought you wanted me to marry Taemin from SHINee Kingdom? Why all of a-" 

"Stop!" He yelled. Raemin was in the verge of tears when her father shouted. He sighed and started talking, "Look, princess Raemin, I made a promise to my dad that when I am royal, my youngest daughter will marry a fool, and he agreed." Raemin hung her head down and sighed.

"Now, go find your fool in the woods, alone." He emphasise the word and Raemin bowed. "Neh, abeoji.." She stood up and quickly walked away.

*Wae.. Why a fool..* She sighed and dried her teary eyes and went into the dangerous woods to find her one and only ondal.

--

"Abeoji, why did you marry off Raemin to a fool while Haemin and I got two smart and loving Jo Twins?" Hana asked as they sat in his quaters.

"You see, princesses these days are looking for smart, handsome young champs and they are usually the youngest one. So, in order to stop with the nonsense, I made the decision of marrying her off to a fool." The King said as he drank a cup of chinese tea.

Haemin shook her head and spoke up, "But she's not like that, in school, she has always helped poor sudents and will never look down on them. We are the ones who are aroogant, not her, she's innocent, abeoji."

King shook his head, "I know that and I feel guilty, but to be honest, I was the fool ondal of your mother." Hana and Haemin gasoed as the kind nodded.

"Yes, and look at me now, I'm ruling SM kingdom. Your mom made everything make sense, if she was here now, she will feel proud and start prasising but.. Anyhow, I do know that Raemin is a smart and innocent girl and I feel guilty, but it's too late to turn back the clock."

Hana and Haemin met eyes and drank their tea, thinking about the younger one.

--

Raemin was in the woods, alone and cold. *Where are they?* She thought when she someone whizzed past her, causing her the trip and fall back. Waiting for the hard impact, she closed her eyes, but opened them again when she noticed she fell into someone's embrace.

"Omo! Gwenchana?" An angelic voice said. She found her balance and dusted her hanbok. "Jeongmal mianhae!" They said in unison and met eyes. Ring~! Ring~! Bells chimed in their minds as they met eyes. She smiled and bowed.

"I'm really sorry.." He widened his eyes and quickly kneeled. "Majesty! Jeongmal, jeongmal mianhae!" He bowed making her giggle. "Gwenchana, how about you, you alright?" She held his hands and pulled him up. 

He nodded and bowed again as he greeted, "Your highness, annyeonghasaeyo! I am Byun Baekhyun, the second fool of EXO." Her eyes widened. "You're an Fool Ondal?" He nodded as more came.

"Oh, your highness! Annyeonghasaeyo! I am Kyungsoo, Baekhyun's adopted brother, so are they." Kyungsoo bowed as 10 more guys came.

Raemin looked at them cluelessly, 12 fools to choose? "Princess, don't worry, we know that you will be married to one of us, not all of us are fools, like me. I am Kris, your highness" Kris stated.

Baekhyun was still clueless from the start, not hearing anything as he played with a cloth. Raemin giggled at his foolness and gently took the cloth and tied it around his forehead.

"Here, Baekhyun." He smiled and bowed as he thanked. "Let us take you around, Princess." One said as he took her hand. "That's Luhan." Kris pointed out and intoduced everyone to her. She bowed and they bowed back.

"Kaja!" Luhan smiled at her and took her hand. They arrived at the heart of the woods and a village could be seen. She smiled at the nature and someone tapped her shoulder. 

"Uh, mianhae, princess. I wi go get a cart for you." Kyungsoo bowed and was about to find a cart when she gently grabbed his wrist. "Gwenchana! I'm fine with walking." She smiled and wandered around.

Everyone bowed when she walked past and she bowed back with a mini courtesy. The boys followed behind, some were being a fool, some wandering and some just following. Luhan chcukled at the kids and started acting like a fool.

He caught the princess's attention and continued. Raemin giggled when Suho bowed. "Princess, we would like to invite you to our house." 

"I would love to." She giggled and follwed Suho. Luhan stopped and saw everyone was gone and blinked. "Hyung! Here!" Sehun waved and Luhan quickly ran towards the younger one. 

--

When they arrived, Raemin met with a big traditional house, but it was really old. They let her in and she looked aorund. She didn't cringe at the place but pity them. *No proper matresses to sleep? I really need to help them..* She pouted.

Baekhyun stood in front of her as she pouted, making his heart race. He tilted his head. *Why is my little heart like this? Yah! You! Stop thumping!!* He screamed in his mind without knowing he was zoning out.

Slap! He came back to reality to see his roomate, Chanyeol shaking his head. "Hyung, the princess has already gone in." He pushed the older one into the room and shook his head. 

Chen and Tao went to make some tea for her while she waiting outside with the three main fools she met that day, Baekhyun, Luhan and Kyungsoo. Baekhyun was playing with the cloth that Raemin tied for him, Luhan was cross his eyes and Kyungsoo was shaking his side to side rapidly.

*Kwiyowo! They are so cute!* She giggled when the tea came. Chen wanted to pour the tea for her but she insisted that she do it. She poured all 12 cups of tea and they all drank it.

"Nya! So hot.." Kyungsoo frownd and put down the cup. Raemin scooted closer to him and rubbed his back. "You alright?" She asked. Baekhyun and Luhan glared at Kyungsoo but didn't know why they did it. Kyungsoo finally felt better and smiled like a fool.

"Kamsahanmida!" She smiled in satisfaction and started a conversation. They were talking happily when there was a knock on the door. Came in was a servant from the palace.

"Princess, it's time for you to go back home." Baekhyun pouted secretly earning a gentle pinch on the cheek from Raemin and blushed. "Mianhae, I have to go, I will be back!" They bowed and she left. "Kyungsoo, take care, ara? Luhan, thank you for showing the kids a great time, I enjoyed it." Luhan blushed in embarrassment.

"And Baekhyun, I hope you keep that cloth on your forehead." Baekhyun smiled and nodded eagerly. She bid goodbye and went back.

--

It was a clear blue night sky as Raemin strolled around the garden in her quaters. She was thinking about her day in the village, helping people and hoping prosperity will come for the homeless people. But what she thought most was EXO, they showed her around the village, having fun here and there.

She smiled at that and stopped her tracks. She looked at stars hanging up there and reached her arm up high. She 'grabbed' a star and smiled. *I wish that, I will find my one and only fool and maybe, take care of the village instead.*

The next day, it was early in EXO Kingdom and Raemin was up and ready. Instead of wearing a full dressed hanbok, she wore a hanbok but it was a commoner hanbok. No silk, no ornaments on her hanbok, just a common one.

She took the big box and carried it on her back to the village in the woods, without anyone knowing. She soon entered the village and saw people already working and kids running around.

She looked around when she saw an ahjumma trying to sell silk, but she was poor. She wasn't wearing proper clothes and everyone just walk past her, without a glance.

Raemin quickly went to her and kneeled down. "Annyeonghasaeyo, young lady." Th eahjumma bowed but gasped when she recongnised Raemin. "Princess!" She whispered. Raemin smiled and nodded.

"Ahjumma, here, have some rice cakes I made myself. I would like to have 13 silk cloths, all in different colours and maybe patterns." Raemin politely gave the elder rice cakes and she gasped.

"Don't deny it." She smiled. The ahjumma smiled and accepted her gift and got her the silks she wanted. "Keep the change, you deserve it." Raemin held her hand and patted it.

"You are very polite young lady, princess. Have a good life and find your man, bring prosperity to your family." The elder one said in wisdom and Raemin bowed. "I will, I hope you have great health and I hope your business will grow. Have a great business!" Raemin smiled cheerfully and waved goodbye.

She met more homeless and starving villagers and did the same to them. They were all surprised to see a royal in the village and tired to give her the royal treatment but she didn't like it. She asked them to stop and just gave everyone an assuring smile and left.

She was heading to EXO's residents when she saw a little girl and boy shivering in the cold. She quickly went to them and took a thick silk blanket and wrapped it around them.

"Your highness, we can't accept this! My dongsaeng and I will do fine." The little boy shook his head. Raemin softened and his hair smooth hair. "I'm not going to leave you kids out in the cold like this, accept this and I hope you and your sister have a great life. Study hard! Fightig!" She high fived with both of them and left.

The little boy smiled when he felt a tug on his sleeve. The little girl pointed at Raemin and said, "I want to be like Princess Raemin one day! She's so kind and royal to us, and so polite!" She looked up at Raemin and the older ne ruffled her hair.

*I will work hard for my family, thank you highness!* Without knowing, Kyungsoo saw everything, he saw what she did to the villagers, it softens his heart. *Although she's royalty, she doesn't look down on us.* He thought and felt his heart race.

*Yah, you! I told you to stop thumping since last night when Princess Raemin left! YAH!!* 

--

Knock, Knock! Luhan shot up from the table, looking lethargic. He fell alseep on the table while waiting for Xiu Min to come out of the bathroom. He opened the door and rubbed his eyes, but widened once he saw Raemin at the door.

"Princess!" He yelled which caused her to jump. He panicked but with a gentle touch from her, he stopped and met eyes with her.

"Relax, let's sit, ara?" He nodded and helped her carry the bag in but fell when he took hold of it. "Your highness, why are you carrying such a heavy bag?" He asked. "I went to the village and distributed some rice cakes to the homeless." She explained and took out 12 bowls of rice cakes, all for EXO.

"No! You shouldn't have! We still have some food in the kitchen, you don't have to cook for us!" He objected. "Luhan, don't reject. I know you guys are poor, you guys have no more food in the kitchen. I'm doing this because I care for you guys, I pity you guys." She held his shoulders.

*She's so generous..* He thought when the rest of EXO came. Raemin explained everything to them and they looked down. "Don't feel bad, eat your breakfast!" She giggled and stood up.

"Omo! Your highness, why are you wearing commoner's clothes?" Jongin asked. She smiled and said, "I want to blend in like a villager." Baekhyun looked at his chopsticks and looked cluelessly.

He was seated at the back with nobody while the rest were eating happily. He pouted at his food when Raemin sat beside him. "Need help, Baekhyun?" She asked. He shook his head. "Stop lying, I saw your frustrated face just now. Now hold your chopsticks like this."

She guided him how to hold a chopstick, touching his hand. He couldn't help but blush and tried holding it. He smiled brightly when he could. He ate one rice cake and cheered. "Princess, you make really good rice cakes." He commented as he ate more.

She giggled and looked at his forehead, it was the cloth she put it on for him yesterday. She took out another one and went behind him. She gently took it off and helped him with another. He looked up and felt the smooth fabric and smiled.

"Princess, thansk so much, bringing food for us, treating us like royals, we dearly appreciate it." He said when Raemin sat back at her seat. "Why wouldn't I? Everyone is the same, we should never look down on poor villagers, you guys desrve it." She gave him one last smile and walked away.

--

Raemin already left and it was late at night at EXO's Residents. Luhan was stretching his body when he saw 12 beautiful cloths laying in the living room, each had their name on it. While they were busy eating, she hid herself and started sewing their name on each cloth.

Everyone gathered and took theirs. Baekhyun took his and touched the one on his forehead. He quickly hid the other one so nobody will know that he has two instead of one.

*Kamsahanmida Princess Raemin.* The all thought and went to sleep with the cloths in their hands.

--

"Pfft. She's such a goody-two-shoes. Just you wait Baekhyun and EXO, you will marry my one and only daughter, Krystal." a shadow said and left the scene.

The younger one looked at EXO's residents and sighed. *I'm already in love with someone else, umma.. I don't want to do any harm to Princess Raemin or even the villagers.*