My Turn to Cry

EXO SERIES: I'm Byun Baekhyun's Traitor [PLEASE DO NOT TRANSLATE/PLAGIARIZE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SURPRISE UPDATE!!! First of, once again, thank you guys for the lovely comments. I have replied to half already hehe! For this chapter, the background music is the title of the chapter. I hope this chapter doesn't disappoint because along with Chapter 39 and the chapter after this, Chapter 44 has been in my mind for a year now, and I hope I would do justice to my imagination. Cheers ;)

>>>SEUL MIN'S POV<<<

"I'm not in love with Jae Hyung." I breathed. 

I visualized myself climbing a step on an imaginary ladder. Was I really one step closer to admitting my feelings to Baekhyun?

Baekhyun, for some reason, sighed a sigh of relief. "Mmm." He moaned.

"Mmm what?" I quizzed and inched my face a few centimeters away from the perfection named Byun Baekhyun. Responsively, his slender arms let go of me. 

"So if you're not in love with Jae Hyung, then who?" Baekhyun asked me, getting up from the couch. 

My chest tightened with his sudden question. I could literally feel my stomach contracting, my face reddening, and my insides heating up. I made sure to swallow a gallon of my saliva and double checked whether I heard the question right.

From his erect standing position, Baekhyun meticulously fixed his man bangs and almost crawled back to the couch. He was crouching, my body between his long arms, and as he maintained the stance, I shuffled uncomfortably. 

Baekhyun's eyes did not leave my trembling lips nor my eyes. Each time I tried to look at him, I would realize that Baekhyun did not take his eyes off me.

"Who?" He repeated, wilfull. Once more, I felt my face burning several shades of crimson. I bit my lip and stared at Baekhyun in the darkness of the dorm. He was still in his spot, arms trapping me without touching my skin.

Okay, Seul Min. Now or never.

Stammering and panicking, I whimpered, "Uhh- It's uhmm, Bae--, uhmm, the person is-"

Surprisingly, Baekhyun cut me off by shoving his hand. "Aish. That was a douche move of mine. I guess tonight's not a good time to bombard you with questions on your promising romance." 

Baekhyun finally stood up and walked away from me, laughing because he asked a very intrusive question.

I grunted silently. Right. Men are just gossipy by nature. Of course, they'd ask about your love life. Of course, of course.

Maybe I'll try to confess tomorrow. Or after their concert on Friday? Yes. On Friday. I will confess.

I noticed Baekhyun drinking a small piece of tablet and chugging the drug with a sip of wine. Curious, I stood beside him on the kitchen counter.

My eyes expanded when I saw what he had just drunk. Prozac. Sht. Anti-depressants.

"Why in the world are you drinking anti-depressants? Baekhyun! I know I'm being pushy, but why? What's wrong? I know you're stressed, but why? Tell me about it. I'll listen to you even if you are one greasy, narcissistic punk." 

Baekhyun served me a handsome smile. "I got this. Tonight is not Tell-Seul Min-your-Problems- Night. I'll tell you soon."

"But how soon is soon? Yah! You punk! Cry it out if you can no longer bear it. Please, you're driving everyone crazy! You smile on tv, but here you are, alone in the dorm, drinking your Prozac." I exclaimed and almost shook Baekhyun's shoulders. Out of my intense emotions, I ended up spilling the coffee resting on the countertop.

Baekhyun was not surprised at my clumsiness. "I'll drop by The Coffee Club this week after our rehearsals then I will tell you everything. When I mean everything, I mean every single damn thing you ought to know." He told me as he wiped the countertop with a damp towel.

For a second, I fell silent. Every single damn thing, he said.

"But why can't you tell me tonight? Tonight is the night." I pleaded and helped him clean the countertop. When our hands briefly touched, he clutched the towel and shifted his gaze to me.

Don't melt me with those puppy eyes. I'm not ice cream nor mozarella cheese.

"Tonight isn't my turn to cry." Baekhyun replied and looked into my soul.

For the nth time, silence filled the room. Perhaps, it was bad timing for me to confess. Confessing wouldn't do anything to Baekhyun's happiness. The least thing I could do was give him a modest pat on the back and pray that he would no longer take anti-depressants.

We both leaned on the countertop in silence. Neither one of us chose to speak. 

But within the air of emptiness was heaviness.

Wednesday night.

It has been three, four days since Saturday. I refused to count the days that had passed ever since the night Baekhyun took me into his arms and told me that it was not his time to cry. I left EXO's dorm without confessing to Baekhyun, and the night ended with the rest of EXO arriving at the dorm in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter