Paradox

The Golden Apple

“And then she slapped me. SHE. SLAPPED. ME.“ Luhan told his best friend about last night’s happening. He turned to the other boy and saw Kris clenching his teeth while his breathing was getting faster.

“Why are you so angry?” Luhan asked curiously but got no answer. The other boy was still deep in his thoughts.

“Hey, what are you thinking about? Have you even listened do me?”

“Is she ok?” Kris finally spoke. Luhan raised his eyebrows; if he remembered rightly Kris had never asked him any question about Sora. Now thinking about it, Kris had never said anything when her name came up in a conversation. Then again, his best friend didn’t talk much. Kris was an introvert –paradoxical for someone who was becoming a teacher.

“How do I know? She seemed fine when I left. My mom said physically she is fine, but mentally, man, I don’t know. I mean she is crazy. CRAZY.” Luhan answered, tapped with the forefinger at his head to emphasize the word ‘crazy’. Weird! He could have said; he had just heard Kris breathed out in relief. Yet he didn’t think twice about it, especially when a group of first-semester students walked by and the young girls immediately caught his attention.

“Wow, look at them, my friend, so young, so excited and so naïve; how I love freshmen,” beaming Luhan while Kris didn’t show any concern.

 

“I didn’t mean I don’t want you to accompany me. I was just wondering ‘why’?” Kai said. He was indeed glad to have Zelo by his side on his first day at the university. Too bad his best friend failed the final exam or else they could study medicine together. Well, maybe not medicine – Kai knew his friend preferred sport – but at least they could have started and enjoyed the university life together.   

“My sister goes to this school as well, remember? Maybe I’ll meet her. I haven’t seen her for a while.” Zelo answered honestly.

“Oh, right. Sora noona is student of this uni as well.” Kai couldn’t hide the little smile appearing on his lips.

“Wait, I thought you chose this school because of her, because you have a crush on her and so.” At his friend’s statement, Kai turned red as a tomato.

“I don’t have a crush on her,” he murmured quietly. It was an open secret that he had felt for his best friend’s older sister the first time they met and had ‘secretly’ admired her since then.

“Noona,” called Zelo suddenly, causing Kai’s heart to skip a bit. He quickly looked around but didn’t find her.

“Not funny, dude. That was so not funny.” He told Zelo who just grabbed his shoulders and turned him around.

“Oh , that’s your sister, dude.”  

At the other end of the street, two young men approached Sora and the fact that they just bumped into another student didn’t seem to bother them a bit. Sora’s expression changed right away as she spotted those two. Her eyes widened in anger and she took a deep breath after a moment of forgetting to breathe in.  The men, one with a broken arm and one with a bruised nose, threatened and warned her to keep shut, but as soon as Sora made a step forward, they quickly stepped back.

“Do you stupid asses really think I’m scared of you? If you think you’ll get away with what you did to me, you’re wrong. I’m going to report everything to the police. Every that drugged and abuse a woman should be punished.”

The guy with the broken arm argued that they couldn’t do anything to her but she had beaten them hardly.

“Whom would the police believe? You don’t even have a bruise,” he added. And all of sudden Sora broke out into tears, causing the men to drop their jaws.

“They put something in the drink. I… I was drugged. I was so scared. My head … was spinning. I didn’t know what to do. They forced me down and tied my hands. Their hands were so…so dis…disgusting. I thought I would rather die...so I kicked my legs as hard as I could. I couldn’t know one of them fell down the stairway and broke his arm.” She said sobbing and wiped away her ‘tears’ as soon as the ‘story’ ended.

“Well what do you think? Would the police believe me?” She asked with a smirk.

“Bull,” one of the men shouted out loud. “Who would buy that ?”

“A pretty girl in tears plus this acting? I’d say every juror will buy it. In court you’d definitely lose.” A student from behind called to them. Sora felt a pressure in her stomach. Did it have to be Luhan? This was too many jerks to handle at the same time.

“And who the are you?” shouted the bruised-nose cocky. However before he could get an answer, he landed on the ground without knowing what just crashed against his face. The same thing happened to his friend in the next second.

As surprised as Sora, Luhan stared at the student who was grabbing the broken arm of the guy on the ground, pulling him up with force, making him cry in pain.

“You idiots get out of my sight, go home and wait to be arrested or I’ll break your other arm and then your little bone down there. NOW.” He shouted at the men. Flinched in fear, they left the campus, not even dare to look back.

“Kris,” Luhan called his friend, still shocked. “What the hell was that?”

That was absolutely not Kris, the calm, friendly future teacher he knew.

What?” Kris asked back, as if he didn’t understand Luhan’s wonder. “They ing bumped into me and didn’t apologize. No manners.” And with that excuse, he left without saying goodbye to Sora.

Luhan – before following his best friend – turned to Sora.

“My mom told me to invite you to dinner and she repeated it 7 times I should be nice and get you say yes, so you better don’t come over.”

With that Sora was left alone again. What a crazy morning, she thought. Little did she know, the morning was holding more craziness. She barely believed her ears when he heard a familiar voice calling her. She feared to know whom it belonged to.

“Noona,” Zelo exclaimed, running toward her. “That hyung, wasn’t that –?”

“What are you doing here? Haven’t you failed the final exams?” Sora questioned dryly, cutting off the young boy.

“I came here with Kai,” replied Zelo, looked down. Sometimes he really wished he was as smart as his siblings. It felt like he was the idiot in the family, since both, his older brother and his older sister, were attending one of the best universities in the country and he couldn’t even graduate high school.

“Hi, noona, long time no see.” Kai greeted friendly.

“I told you I’m not your sister.” Sora corrected Zelo coldly. Then she turned to Kai and continued. “And neither am I yours, so stop calling me noona. I wish an awesome university life and hope we won’t talk again.”

 

Luhan was lying on his bed, watching the new episodes of Game of Thrones as his phone vibrated. It was an unknown number.

“Hello?” He picked up.

“Hello, Am I speaking to Mr. Choi? Choi Luhan?” asked a woman on the phone.

“Yes, I am Choi Luhan. Who’s speaking?”

First Luhan was confused to get a phone call from a hotel manager. Then he was surprised when the woman told him he had won a new pair of couple phones. He quickly thought it was one of those spam calls again and was about to hang up as the polite manager mention the address of the hotel. Luhan remembered that location. The last time he was there he had the worst hangover of his life. He neither remember how he get there nor how came he woke up alone in a hotel called Karashy Boutique . Now he was curious. If he won a giveaway for couples, that meant he wasn’t alone that night. Who brought him to a hotel and left?

“Do you want the phones to be sent separated or together to the same address and if yes which address should it be?” The woman questioned and Luhan got an idea.

“To my girlfriend’s address, which is…?” He stuttered.

“Heukseok-Dong, Dongjak-Ku, Seoul,” finished the manager the sentence. “And the house number is 221.”

“221?” Luhan asked confusingly. That address corresponded to his but the house number was the wrong one, a very wrong one, because 221 was the opposite house – Sora’s house.

“Yes, 221. Or should we send it to your address. That would be the same street but house number 220. We also can –”

Luhan suddenly hang up. A light dawned on him. He jumped down from his bed, rushed to his bookshelf and grabbed the book with the cover: “The Complete Law School Companion”. Yet he wasn’t in the vein for reading now. He was looking for a picture that he hid in it, the one that showed Sora going in a hotel with a mysterious guy to be precise. His face paled as he starred at the name of the hotel:

Karashy Boutique”.

[A/N] Hi guys, I know it has been a while since my last update. I want to say thanks to all of you who are still here being so patient with me. I'm not dropping this story and any other of mine. It's just taking me longer to update. 
It's my first update since a long time, please comment and let me know what you think. ^^ 
Thank you and hope to see you guys soon. (I'll try to update asap.)