The talk and the dinner

Noona, I like you

-Ok let’s get this straight. My noona is a straight shooter. She will probably ask why you like her. Do you know why you like her? JR asked

They were at JR’s house and had just finished a round of Fifa15. JR had lost as usual and complained that they should play Super Mario instead where he would have had a chance to beat Minhyun.

-Of course I know why I like her she is kind and has a good heart, prettier than everyone else, she is like an angel. I fell in love with her since the first time I saw her when she helped me when I got hurt.

-Well that sounds good and all, but how and when do you plan to tell her? Jr asked.

 

 

That was what was scaring him. He had imagined it in his head. In the worst case scenario Kahi noona would laugh him right up his face asking him what he was thinking, saying he was just a kid that should go back to back to the playground.

-I don’t know. She probably thinks of me as her dongsaengs best friend. I want her to see that I have grown up. That I can take care of Noona, Minhyun sighed.

-Yes she does, this might cheer you up a bit. Noona came to visit yesterday us. She asked about you, what you had been up to and such. So it isn’t over yet. You just have to make her see that you are not a kid but a man! JR said smiling.

-Are you sure? I mean she might just have been polite. Wah this is scary, she might laugh at me if I say something. Minhyun mumbled with a slight hope.

- Don’t be stupid! I know my noona, she isn’t like that. The thing is, you can’t just serenade her like now, you might have a good voice but confessing your feelings just like that is kinda freaky. So don’t do that, is that ok?

-Well yes, Now Minhyun looked sullen again. It wasn’t like he was going to do that anyways even if he had thought about. He had to agree it was freaky to do that.

 

 

But what was he going to get close to noona without seeming like a freak? Minhyun got more and more sulky. Seeing his friend’s expression JR got an idea.

-Why don’t you come over to my house for dinner, Kahi noona is going to visit us.

The hope returned to Minhyun.

-Are you sure it is alright?

-Yeah, my mom loves you. She is always talking about how good you sing and how handsome you are. She is going to be too happy you are coming over, Jr said obviously embarrassed about his mom’s love for his friend.

At that Minhyun laughed.

-Is that why I always hear someone shouting Wah it is Minhyun-ah is before I have a chance to ring the bell? He teased

-Yah don’t say that! JR took a pillow, starting a pillow fight. Minhyun managed to snatch another pillow counterattacking. Laughter and yells from two boys playing filled the apartment.

 

 

It was alright he told himself. Everything was alright. He looked ok. He had spent time on his outfit. A pair of nice pants and a simple white t-shirt with blue stripes. He had debated with himself whether he should steal some cologne from his father. It smelled more manly and mature than his own. He had decided not to since it would be super strange trying to win over his dream girl while smelling like his father.

He took a deep breath trying to calm himself down. With slightly shaking hands he ringed the bell.

She was dazzling, she was still pretty like an angel. The years had gone by but on Kahi noona’s face the age didn’t show. When he stood there, face to face with his noona he noticed how the years had changed him. When he had fallen in love with her he was no taller than 1 meter and she could easily pick him up. Kahi was a tall women but Minhyun had grown to be about 3cm taller than her.

 

 

-h h h hello noona, Minhyun managed to say. She so pretty that for a second he lost his ability to speak. Right after that he blushed. The first thing he did was to embarrass himself in front of noona, great! She probably thinks he is a total loser.He had one mission and he failed. He struggled to come up with an excuse to leave so he could go home and never have to show his face to her again.

But before he had a chance, noona embraced him in a hug. Minhyun stiffed, this wasn’t what he had expected.

-Wae, isn’t noona going to get a hug from you? Kahi laughed. You grew up so well Minhyun-ah! It is great to see you as we didn’t get a chance to talk to each other last time.

-Kahi, is Minhyun-ah here yet? Shouted a women from the kitchen.

-Yes mom,he is here.

 

 

Kahi noona didn’t even finish the sentence before a small women appeared before him. It was surprising how both children had become so tall. Both mrs Park and Mr Park was slightly shorter than the average height for a Korean women and male.

-Minhyun-ah I’m so happy had time to eat dinner with us. We will eat grilled beef. Oh I’m so happy!!! Mrs Park said smiling from ear to ear.

-Mom, you are making him uncomfortable. Please let in before you jump him, Kahi said but it was obvious she couldn’t help smiling at her mother’s behavior.

- Of course, I’m sorry Minhyun-ah. Can I just ask something? Would you sing for us later? You know that I love your voice and it was such a long time ago.

-Of course mrs Park.

How could he say no to this sweet lady? She was after all his number 1 fan. But he also got anxious. Was he good enough at singing? Would Kahi be impressed or would she judge him?