Noona, I like you

Noona, I like you

When JR and I hung out we would play video-games at his place or study together, but most of the time we went for coffee at one of the many Café´s in Seoul. Our goal was to try all the coffee shops in Seoul and then decide the best one before our University exam. By now I was sure we had at least visited around 500 cafés.

JR and I had been friends since we were five; we had met at kindergarten, when I was new. That was 13 years ago.

School was out for today, so me and JR was heading for the bus home.

-What about taking that bus? , JR suggested and pointed at a bus with a number I had never seen before.

JR and I did that sometimes, taking a random bus so we could explore new areas of Seoul and find new coffee shops. I looked at the clock in my cellphone. School had ended early and we didn’t have that much homework, so we did have time for a little exploring.

-Ok but we have to take the bus home, before 5o´clock. I’m not finished with that history report yet, I answered.

-You better hurry up; we have to hand in that report tomorrow.

-How come you finished writing your report so fast? I saw that you handed in yours yesterday.

JR smiled

-Because I watch a lot of historical dramas.

-You know that some of the things in those dramas aren’t true right.

JR looked at me shocked

-If those facts I have written aren’t true, my grades will suffer, JR mumbled, sulking.

 

 

 Right then, the bus came, JR was still sulking for his possibly bad grades, so I took his arm and dragged in onto the bus, paid for both of us and then dragged to a seat in the end of the bus.

-Come on, it isn’t that bad. Cheer up. I’ll treat you a cookie or something at the café. I said to JR

He instantly cheered up, JR is one of those persons who are easy to bribe with food if they are depressed.

The bus stopped at a new station and I poked JR on the shoulder, silently asking if we should get of here.

He nodded, so we took our schoolbags and got off the bus.

I had never been in this area of Seoul before. It looked like I imagined Europe to be like, Old looking buildings but with a modern touch. The types of areas were artists, writers and other creative people would hang out at in seek of inspiration.

JR and walked around a little, looking into shop windows. The windows were full of antiques, books and alternative clothing.

Later on we found a little café. From the outside it looked cozy so we decided that this would be the café that we would visit today.

A bell rang above our heads when we entered. JR stopped right in a step so I almost walked into him. He just stood there starring.

-Noona what are you doing here?JR said sounding confused

-Jongie! Noona have missed you, someone exclaimed happily.

Could it be her? It had to be her.

There she was, she looked just like she did years ago. She stood there behind the cash register in an apron serving customers. My heart rate speed up when I saw her. She looked so pretty and cool. That she was Kahi noona, JR’s older sister.

Only half-sister though, they shared the same mother but had different fathers. That explained why their was so big, Kahi noona being 15 years older than JR. They were half siblings and their was big but no doubt they were siblings. They had same leader like aura and the same talent for rapping and dancing.

 

 

We went up to the cash register and Kahi noona. I could feel my heart beating faster and faster as we got closer.

-Hello Noona, why are you working here? I thought you had some kind training for a performance or something. You never mentioned you were working on a café in your emails. JR said still sounding confused.

-Well, being a professional dancer I hard, you have to earn some extra money in order to be able to live. I didn’t mention working here in my emails because I didn’t think it was that important. The job here is only temporary.

Enough about that, I’m so happy you are here. We haven’t met each other that often this year because my busy schedule and you Jongie being in your last year of high school. Must be though, I remember I had to study like crazy that year.

Kahi noona shifted her attention from JR to me.

-Could this handsome boy here be little Minhyun? Long time no see. You have grown up handsomely. Kahi Noona said and smiled at me

-Um,Yes thanks. I mumbled, trying not to blush because she had called me handsome, twice! I also mentally kicked myself for not saying anything more intelligent.

 -Boys, pick anything you want, Noona treats.

I ordered just a cup of black coffee and JR ordered a cup of coffee and a mint chocolate cookie.

I took our tray with the coffee and JR’s cookie and looked for a place to sit. Preferably near the cash register so I could look at Kahi noona.

JR waved at me to come, he had found an empty table. I was lucky; it was near the cash register. I putted down the tray, sat down and enjoyed my coffee.

Now and then I stole glances at Kahi noona. It was strange how someone could look the exactly the same 13 years later, but I guess that’s just a part of Kahi noona’s magic.

How could someone possibly be that, pretty, beautiful, nice, charismatic, cool and cute at the same time.

I found myself daydreaming about Kahi, our first meeting that made me fall in love with her.

 

 

-Flashback-

I was happy it was the first time I would play at my classmate JR’s house. JR’s real name was Jonghyun but everyone called him JR, short for Junior royal, because at kindergarten he was like the prince of the whole kindergarten. Everyone called Jonghyun JR so I also started calling him that.

I was happy that I had made a friend at the first day, I worried that no one would be my friend and play with me. This boy named JR had come and asked me if I wanted to play with him. I and JR had played together the whole day and now he had asked me if I wanted to come and play at his home after kindergarten.

My patents had allowed it saying they would come and pick me up at 4o’clock. When kindergarten ended JR and I waited for his noona to come and pick us up. While we waited JR told me everything about his noona. That he didn’t see her that often because she was busy studying at university.

When finally JR’s noona Kahi finally came and picked us up I thought I saw an angel, she was so pretty. Kahi noona drove home and then she played football outside with us.

I fell and hurt me knee then. Kahi noona picked me up and carried me to the kitchen, saying it would be alright. In the kitchen she cleaned the wound and put a Band-Aid on it. It hurted when she cleaned the wound, when she saw that she smiled at me and comforted me saying it was would be alright.

After that time me heart rate speed up every time I saw and I knew that the only one for me was Kahi noona. Me, JR and Kahi noona played together every time I went to JR’s house, but the happy days ended, around a year later Kahi noona was never there anymore. JR told me that his noona had moved out. That was the last I saw of Kahi noona.

 

 

-End of flashback-

-Hello, earth to Minhyun, JR said while waving his right in front of my face looking worried

- Um yes, what is it?

-Are you finished? JR asked and pointed at my cup, we have to leave now or we will miss the bus back home.

Omg, I looked at my cellphone, it was almost 5o’clock. I had completely lost track of time and forgotten I had a report I had to write and hand in tomorrow.

-Yeah, I’m finished I answered.

We quickly left the table and waved goodbye to kahi noona. We had to run all the way to the bus station to catch the bus. Exhausted we went on the bus.

We sat down on a seat and JR turned to me and asked in a serious tone.

-Do you like noona?

I had been found out. I hoped that JR wasn’t that protective brother kind that would punch me in the face and tell me to stay away from his sister when I told him I liked her. Knowing JR very well he wasn’t that kind of person to do that.

I blushed and nodded.

-Then why didn’t you tell me this earlier?JR said, I could have fixed so that you two would go out together.

Now that I think of it why didn’t I tell JR. Like he said he could have helped me.

-Now that I know, do you want me to help you get noona? He said.

I nodded a little help from a best friend who also happens to be Kahi noona’s younger brother couldn’t hurt, right.

-Ok, That’s a deal then, JR exclaimed, you could see that he almost jumped with excitement. 

 

Whew, I think this is the longest chapter for a one-shot I have ever written. Did you like it? Comment and tell me what you think