Chapter 5: Realization

Heart to Heart
Before you get a chance to fully fall asleep, you hear a loud knock at the door. "Who is it?" You yell out but get no answer. The person begins to furiously press on the doorbell and knockes on the door at the same time that kept on without even a sudden pause. You jump up from the couch irritated, stomping towards the door, "I'm coming!!!" You yell getting to the door unlocking it and opens it up, "what do you-" you realize who's at the door then suddenly look down at the ground. "What are you doing here?..." He holds his hand out expecting you to grab it, instead, you look at it and attempts to close the door but is stopped by hot foot blocking the door. You snicker, walking back to the living room knowing he's not going to leave. He walks in and sits down on the couch next to you after you had sat down. You look around the apartment trying not to look at him as he looks at you and tries to grab your hand but you quickly move it away and your teeth. "Sweetheart, how long have we known each other?" Kikwang asks, looking down trying to hide his face as you turn around and see him like this. "For....for 23 years. Since birth." You respond still looking at him this time surprised wondering why he would ask a question like that. "And how long have we been dating?" You start to feel confused and concerned about the questions he has been asking and the reasoning behind them. "8 years... since high school." You respond moving closer to him even more worried. "I would never intend to hurt you if we've been friends for so long and in a relationship for so many years. I'm so sorry I hurt you. I... I never ment....." he stops and begins to cry. You see this staring at him shocked to see him cry for the first time. You don't know what to do but wrap your arms around him and wiping his tears. "I'm so sorry I over reacted, I'm so sorry. Even after all I have done my heart is still with you." He pushes your hand aside so he can wipe his own tears. You let him go moving over to your original spot as you hold back your own tears. You feel his hand brush up against your side as he pulls you close to him moving his head towards yours close enough for both of your lips to touch but don't.