Third Moon

Moon Child
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter Three.

 

 

 

         Another month had passed and things had gotten worse. This time, I had not managed to push the blonde in a corner of my mind and go on with my life. He haunted me days and nights. I wanted to know where he was, what he was, why he had come to me, when he would be back. Oh, yes, I wanted him back, desperately.

 

I knew I should have been scared and yet, every night, I kept waiting for him to show up again, as crazy as it seemed. I longed for him and hoped he would come to me one more time. Sometimes I waited for hours, sitting on my balcony, my eyes glued to the sky, eyeing the moon and the stars intensely.

 

I missed his dark, deep, enticing eyes, his silky blonde hair, his dazzling smile, his cute expressions, his gentle touches. It was insane but I couldn't stop feeling this way. The obsession was stronger than anything.

 

I was thinking about him the morning, just after waking up, during the whole day, at work, in the car, at lunch, in the meetings. Then I would go home and just find myself unable to focus on anything else, just waiting, expecting him to show up. But only in my dreams did he came, and it just made me feel more and more restless.

 

I hadn't said a word about him to my friends. I was scared they wouldn't believe me or, worse, think I was crazy. Yet I knew I needed to tell someone about this, about him. The whole situation was obsessing me to the point I wondered if something wasn't wrong with me, if I wasn't turning insane for real.

 

Sometimes, I tried to convince myself that he was just a dream, and that none of this had ever happened. If it was real, then I should have been scared by him, by his sudden appearances, but I clearly wasn't afraid. Nervous, intrigued, doubtful. But not scared. It made it seem even more unreal and illogical.

I triedhard to convince myself that this fascinating young man had to be the result of some vivid dream I'd had.

 

Yet, a whole month had passed, the full moon was back and there I was again, sitting on my balcony, holding a cigarette just consuming itself, waiting for the stranger to appear out of nowhere.

 

My eyes were staring at the moon, occasionally blinking but never looking away. If anything was meant to happen, it had to be during the full moon. I could feel it. He had only appeared on those nights.

 

Thus, I kept staring, silently calling for that stranger with blond hair and black eyes, begging him to show up. I kept waiting for a long time. I even forgot to eat. I just waited, quiet and motionless. When I got tired to sitting there, I stood up and leaned against the small wall of my balcony, my arms resting on top of it, my eyes still looking up at the sky. And I waited again.

 

After a while, I began to think he wouldn't come. I told myself I was a fool and a crazy man, that I shouldn't have expected anything, that I had to let go and forget about this mysterious man.

 

But as I was about to give up, a voice spoke from my back.

 

"Donghae."

 

I jumped and spun around, my heartbeats exploding in a furious rythm from both shock and excitement.

 

There he was, standing a couple meters away, staring at me with his beautiful eyes and smiling at me sweetly. I hold my breath for a few seconds, wondering if it really wasn't a dream, but then he spoke again.

 

"Donghae", he repeated and tilted his head on the side, watching me with an amused expression, small wrinkles forming around his eyes.

 

"Oh ", I muttered and cautiously walked to him, closing the distance between us in a few steps. I raised my hand, slightly shaking, and brought it up to his face.

 

The pulp of my digits brushed over the smooth skin of his cheek and I trembled. It was the first I touched him. I wasn't dreaming. He was there, he had to be real.

 

"Who are you?" I asked again, my voice filled with raw emotions. "What's your name?"

 

"Eunhyuk."

 

"Eunhyuk", I repeated, the name rolling on my tongue pleasantly.

 

Then I realized he was talking, when he had refused to do utter a single word the last time.

 

"You can talk?" I inquired with a small frown. He smiled and nodded. "So you do understand what I say", I muttered in a low voice.

 

"Yes. I learned", he said with his clear and singing voice.

 

I stared at him for a few seconds, a thousand questions fighting to get out of my confused mind.

 

"Are you real?" was the first one that managed to escape my lips.

 

He grinned widely, showing off his gummies to me once again, and my stomach churned at the sight. Then he stepped closer and his hand came to cup my cheek, his cold skin making me shiver.

 

"Can't you feel?" he said with an amused grin.

 

I gasped.

Knowing he was real was a thing, but feeling it made it all more stronger. The sensations were powerful, and the way my heart began to race too. A lot of mystery still wrapped him. I was confused, somehow scared of the unknown he represented, and yet I was thrilled. My heart was pounding, so fast and so hard it made me slightly dizzy.

 

I stared at him for a long moment.

 

My eyes took in every detail of his face. He looked even more dazzling from this close. I stared in awe at his black orbs, drowning into the two hypnotizing pits. My eyes moved to his long, dark eyelashes, and his perfect lids before my gaze traveled to his nose, and to his smiling pale plump lips. Then it moved down to his chin and all along his jaw, mesmerized by the curve of his sharp and pointy jaw line. His fair milky skin seemed softer than silk and the moon was enlightening it beautifully, making it glow in blue.

 

My gaze we

Please log in to read the full chapter