One Moment

One Moment

 

It takes one moment to meet you…

 

 

“Alright class, let’s have a fun group activity!” The whole class started whining like stupid little children. Learn how to freaking grow up.

“It’s a ‘get to know your classmates’ game! I have set you up with your partners, which is the person right next to you!” Right away the guy next to me tapped my shoulder. He had a brownish brown hair, and the creepiest smile I’ve seen in my damn life.

“Hey, I’m Park Chanyeol! What’s your name?!” And he’s also a Park. I’m not good with Parks. They’re too… Hyper.

I rolled my eyes, and stared at the chalkboard, even though the teacher wasn’t writing on it.

The crack head pouted sadly and turned to the guy next to him, which turns out to be Tao’s friend, Baekhyun. I suddenly head a cough, and I looked at the girl, who interrupted my peaceful time.

She had long, black hair with tints of brown in it, probably from the sun. She didn’t wear any makeup, and her face was clear, meaning she took care of herself just right. She had these big eyes, but it looks like it’s naturally big,, which is pretty. Her lips were… Nice.

“Hey, I’m Park Moonjoo! What’s your name?!” Great. Another Park. Do they always introduce themselves the same way?

“Kris.” The conversation was now over. Everyone’s happy now. Mostly me.

 

 

One moment to become friends.

 

 

I was about to walk out the classroom, until someone walked right into me, which turns out to be Moonjoo.

“Watch where you’re going, Park.” She rolled her eyes.

“Get out of my way, jackass.” I rolled my eyes, to copy her. Mostly to annoy her.

“How can I get out of your way, when you’re in my way?” I asked, trying to be smart. She scoffed.

“There’s something call backing up. God dammit Kris, just move before I get late for class!” I decided to be the rebel I’ve always been, and just stood there. She started whining like a little baby.

“You’re so damn lucky there’s only a couple minutes before the bell rings!” She walked away like a child, only to be pushed to the ground by one of my admires.

I glared at her, and gave the eyes, that makes people cry out for mercy. She quickly bowed, and yelled out I’m sorry to her, and quickly ran away, just how I liked it. I would’ve been better if she was crying.

I decided to be the hero, and help Moonjoo up, but she stared at it, as if it was some foreign thing.

“Take my hand.” She finally got the point, and scoffed.

“Why?” She’s just too hard-headed like the other Parks.

“Just shut up, and take the damn hand. I don’t ask three times.” She rolled her eyes, and asked why I’m helping her. I mentally sighed, and decided to finally admit it.

“Because that’s what friends are for.” That was so cheesy, that I feel like throwing up.

I saw her smile a little, but I couldn’t help and stare at her precious lips.

“Yeah… Friends.” Never thought I’d have a girl as a friend.

 

 

One moment to become lovers.


 

“Park, talk to me.” She kept on ignoring me. I sighed, frustrated. I just gotta keep up the act.

“Why won’t you talk to me?” Pft, I know exactly why.

“What did I do this time?” Make up a fake girlfriend to get you jealous. I sighed angrily.

“You’re more complicated than Soojin.” She started crying. It hurts me to see her that way, but the more drama, the better. Well, time to act stupid.

“H-Hey, are you crying?” She started crying harder. Don’t worry Moonjoo, I want to cry too for acting stupid.

“N-No , I’m sweating through my eyes!” I looked at her weird. That was the most disgusting comeback I’ve ever heard.

“Ew, that’s gross.” I said truthfully.

She started wiping her tears away, but I grabbed them, and started doing it for her. When I was done, I pinched her nose, and kissed it lighting, making my cheeks heat up a little big. Thank god it wasn’t noticeable.

“Why didn’t you tell me that you liked me?” Her eyes widen. Bingo, she does.

“W-What? No, I don’t like you.” Lies, Moonjoo. Lies. I shugged and began to walk away.

“Fine. Then I won’t like you either.” She quickly grabbed me. Faster than I predicted.

“What about Soojin?” I rolled my eyes, at the thought of her, which was blank. Time to tell the truth.

“Soojin? The imaginary girlfriend that I made up to get you jealous… She’s long gone.” She stood there, dumbfounded.

“Does this mean…” I gave her a small smile, which only happens once in a lifetime. She better be worth it.

“I like you Moonjoo. I don’t even know like is even the right word for this.” She started crying again, and I finally thought my plan has failed.

“Aish, do you hate me that much?!” My hopes started to go up, when she shook her head.

“No… I’m just happy. I like you too. No… I think I love you.” Out of happiness, I grabbed her, and forced her into a hug.

“What does this mean now?” Oh, she’s still hard-headed. I rolled my eyes.

“That we’re boyfriend and girlfriend, duh.” She opened to say something, but I shook my head. I wanted to enjoy this relationship with silence… Or maybe something a little more.

“Do you know what couples do?” I asked her. She looked at me confused. I sighed mentally.

“How hard-headed can you be? Screw it, I’ll just do it.” I captured her lips.

 

 

One moment to fall apart.

 

 

I don’t know what’s gotten into me these past few days. Ever since I’ve been in China with Tao, Minseok, Jongdae, Yixing and Luhan, I’ve been out of it. The work is stressful, and the sasaeng fans are getting to crazy. I feel like pulling out my hair, or banging my head against he wall until I pass out.

Jongdae told me to relax, and take some time off of work. So I listened to him, and decided to go out drinking by myself. I got drunk, and made out with a girl. But I wasn’t that drunk. I still remember every single detail. Every lip, every tongue, and every bite. The first time I did it, I felt a rush of excitement rushing through me, making me want more. I decided to try it out again, with another girl. But another girl went to another girl and another girl. The guys doesn’t know, because I rented out an apartment, so they wouldn’t see me making out with them in the living room.

I haven’t gone too far with anyone, because I still think of Moonjoo. I miss her with all my heart, and I understand that this is wrong, but this isn’t exactly cheating. In my point of view, cheating is having feelings for someone else, and going out with them. With the girls I’ve made out with, I never have feelings for them.

I sighed, at the girl who was on my lap, asking me to just do her already, even though I don’t want to. What a .

My phone rang, and I told her to wait, but she only whined like some sort of child. I rolled my eyes, and walked out of the living room, and into my room.

“Hello?”

“Hey, It’s Moonjoo.” I smiled a little.

“Hey Moonjoo, what’s up?” I heard her chuckle.

“Nothing much.” I sat on the bed, and got comfortable.

“What are you doing?” She can still be hard-headed, even after a year I've met her.

“Talking to you. Duh.” She sighed. I heard a static noise in the background. I think she the TV.

“How’s China?” She asked.

“It’s okay.”

“How’s Exo-M?”

“Great~” Suddenly an angrily Tao walked into my room.

‘How’d he found out where I am?’

He glared at me, and he probably wanted me to hang up right away. I’m pretty sure he’s pissed, too.

“Listen babe, I gotta go. My friends are waiting for me. Bye.” I hung up, and Tao quickly dragged me out into the living room.

“Explain this?!” He pointed at the TV, which was all about me, kissing other girls.

“How-“

“We should thank the sasaeng fans for once.” Luhan mumbled angrily.

“H-How far did it spread?” I asked quietly.

“It’s all over the internet, the news, it’s everywhere Kris. What the hell?!” Jongdae looked like he wanted to punch someone.

Luhan’s phone rang, and it turned out to be a text. He quickly read it, and his face turned madder.

“Exo-K found out. And Sehun said that Chanyeol got a call, and just ran out the dorm. I think he went to go comfort Moonjoo.” My eyes started to water up.

“I ed up big time, didn’t I?” I mumbled. Tao punched me in the face.

“Hell yeah you ed up big time!” Xiumin held Tao back.

“Kris, we’re going to leave. And when you’re alone, you better think about what you did wrong.” Then they all left.

Instead of thinking about my mistakes, I started thinking about Chanyeol comforting you. Hugging you, and your back, calming you down. But that only angered me.

 

 

One moment I broke your heart.

 

 

After waiting for so long, I finally got a call from her. When I picked up, there was nothing but silence.

“You knew…” I mumbled, breaking the silence. She exploded on me, and started yelling at me… But I deserved it.

“Of course I ing knew! It’s all over the damn news and internet! Why the hell were you kissing other girls?!” I started to think about Chanyeol and her together again.

“It was only payback…” What am I saying?

“Payback for what?!” But then I exploded too.

“You and that damn crack head!”

“Since when did Chanyeol have to do with any of this?!”

“I know you’ve been cheating on me with him, so I started to get payback!” What’s wrong with me?

“Me and Chanyeol are just-“

“Just friends. The best ing friends I ever seen in my life! What? Friends with ing benefits?” I started crying.

“Why the hell would I do something with Chanyeol?! We’re just-” I know.

“I don’t want to hear it. We’re done.” My heart stopped, at what I just said.

“W… What?” I don’t know why, but I started laughing, like I was some sort of crazy person.

“How can you still be so hard-headed? We are done. I’m breaking up with you.” I don’t want to!

“Kris-“ I hung up. I threw my phone across the room, making it hit the wall, shattering into pieces.

The door opened, and I saw Tao, looking at me with pity. He walked over to me, and hugged me.

“T-Tao, I’m such an idiot for doing such things! Punch me! Do something to me! I deserve the pain!” He only hugged me tighter.

“Asking me to hurt you, isn’t going to solve anything. And if you’re planning on bashing you head against the wall, or something, hurting yourself isn’t going to solve anything either.” He let go of me, and slipped something into my hand. I looked at it, and It was a plane ticked to Seoul.

“The only way to solve it, is to work it out with her.” I hugged him, and told him I owed him my life.

Without packing any of my clothes,  I ran out the room, and headed to the airport.

I needed to fix things that I broke.

 

 

One single moment…

A heart was broken…

 

 

I took out the spare key that Moonjoo gave me after out sixth month of dating her, and unlocked the door. I took off my shoes, looked around. It was dark inside. There were no lights on, and the blinds were pulled shut. It was bright outside, so I wonder if she’s out… Out with Chanyeol. But she has to be home. Her car is there.

“Moonjoo?” No sound.

“Moonjoo, I’m sorry. Can we please work this out?” Still no sound.

I the lights and saw a figure sitting on the sofa. I stood in front of the figure, and saw that it was a sleeping Moonjoo. I smiled a little.

“You’re going to hurt your back, if you sleep like that.” I put her into a laying position.

“Wow, you’re so cold.” I grabbed the blanket that was on the floor and tucked her inside, but she seems to make no process of getting any warmer.

‘Maybe body heat should work.’ I scooted her over, and got inside the blanket with her. Since I was taller, I rested my head on top of hers. Her face was at the crook of my neck, but I found it kind of weird.

It’s weird because I couldn’t feel her breath hitting against my neck.

I stared at her, and took in her image.

She was pale, and had tints of blue on her skin. She looked like a dead person. Maybe she needed to eat. I started to shake her.

“Moonjoo wake up. You should eat. I’ll make you some food.” No sound. No movement.

‘She can’t be…’

I put my head on her chest to listen to her heartbeat. Nothing. I tried changing my position, but there was still no heartbeat.

I sat up, and started shake her lightly.

“Moonjoo wake up.” Nothing. I lifted her eye lids, but her pupils rolled the back of her head. I fell off the sofa, but landed on something. I grabbed it, and stared at it shocked.

It was a pill bottle.

In one moment, my heart broke.

In one moment, tears started falling uncontrollably.

In one moment, I started denying, although I knew the truth.

But in that one moment, I stopped crying.

In that one moment, I tucked her inside the blanket, to make her look like she was sleeping.

In that one moment, I said my last apology.

In that one moment… I said her name one last time.

In that one moment… I left the room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A lot can happen in just one moment. Smiles could happen, or tears could be made. Rewards could be given, or mistakes could be made. Hard work could be made, or it could be wasted. A surprise could be made, or it could fail.

It all just happened in one moment.