1. A Music Teacher

Happy Endings No Longer Exist

 

My life ten years after SHINee wasn't as interesting as people may think. The media and fans followed for a couple of months but soon left me in peace when they realised that I wasn't much of a story anymore. They moved onto the new SM group that replaced us, 'Bonfire'. They were a young group of five boys and from what I heard, became very famous after the debut. Anyway, back to my story, I live in a crappy apartment in Chicago. I have no pets, no close friends or relationship. For someone who is turning the age of 33 this month, you would think that I would have already gotten married and planning for kids in the somewhat near future but this was not the case. I had nobody. Until I ran into Kim Kibum, the Almighty Diva Key of former band SHINee and the love of my life. After we departed at the final concert, he disapeared to somewhere in Europe and I didn't see him for seven years (and still have not seen any of the other members either). I became a primary school music teacher which gets me by and I still write music in my spare time. I play at a few bars every known and again for something different, a reminder of the past. It wasn't until three years ago that we had a teacher conference in London and while I was there, I ran into him. It was like one of those cheesy RomCom's. We just stopped in the middle of the street and admist the change of our appearances, we knew who the other was right away. Running towards him, I swept him up and kissed him with all the passion I had, all the emotions I used to feel for him returning and I didn't care who saw us. I missed his touch, his smell, his... everything. It was amazing, he took me back to his apartment and we stayed up, talking all night. He caught me up on all the stuff he had been doing and told me what it was like now that he was a fashion designer. It wasn't until a few days of me being with him again, I realised how much we had changed, we had grown independently and led seperate lives now. He was so busy and focused on work, I even learnt that he dated a few girls and was casually seeing Amber, the former member of F(x). It was going so well until I said that I had missed him and was still in love with him. The little freaked out on me, I didn't know what to do so I told him that we can just be friends if he wanted. So the next day, I gave him my number and went back to Chicago. It took him three months before he called me, we had chatted nearly every night like we used to in the SHINee days until two weeks ago. He stopped calling me, period. No texts, no emails, no phone calls, nada. It was beginning to piss me off...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ok, class dismissed," I rubbed my temples, "just remember to put the guitars back in the rack." I had a killer headache from these yelling 4th graders and was glad for the day to almost be over. I began to erase my scribbles from the blackboard  when I felt someone tug on the hem of my shirt. Turning, I saw a little girl. She had blonde hair pulled into two pigtails, curled with ribbon, striking green eyes that were now clouded with tears.

"Mary-Lyn, what's wrong?" I asked her, kneeling to her level.
"D-Darren pushed me over." She wailed, throwing herself into my arms.

I petted her back comfortingly and looked around for Darren. I saw him shoving two other smaller girls with brunnette hair.
"Darren, Lisa, Katy... come here." I called, my baritone voice was heard very clear through the classroom. I watched as Darren shrunk in size and made his way over, head bowed low. The two girls followed close behind, each wiping away their forming tears. They came to stand behind me, their tiny hands gripping my shirt.

"Darren, why did you push the girls?" I asked him.
"I-I don't know." He mumbled.
"I know why. I smiled.
"R-really?" He asked, his face going pale.
"Because you love them. Boys pick on the girls they like." The girls burst into sudden laughter, their tears dissapaiting.
"N-no, I don't like them." His head shot up, eyes wide as he shook his head.
"Then apologise to the girls." I told him.
"I'm very sorry." He said, blushing as he ran from the room.
"Thanks Teacher Kim." The girls gave me a quick hug before running from the room.

Smiling, I rose from the ground and went to close the door as the last of the kids ran from the room, when unfortunetly for me, someone slipped in.

Aww Crap.

"You dealt with the kids so well Teacher Kim." Hye-Su Byeon commented. She was a fellow teacher here, teaching art. She was asian like myself, brown hair, brown eyes... quite a plain woman.
"What do you want Teacher Byeon?" I asked, walking from the door.
"Do you think I only come to see you when I want something?" She pouted, following close behind me.
"Why else would you be here?" I gritted my teeth, taking a seat at my desk.
"Ok, maybe I did want something. Are you busy this weekend?" She asked.
"Yes." I answered immediently.
"Bumming around your apartment does not count as being busy," She raised an eyebrow, "Please, come out with me tonight."

I didn't get what the deal was with this girl. I had rejected her mulitple times yet she is so insistent of getting what she wanted. She was so stubborn and dramatic. She actually reminded me of... no. She's nothing like him.

"No." I replied bluntly. The first couple of times, I was cautious and careful of her feelings but now I didn't give a rat's .
"Pfft why? I mean, we're both asian." She smirked.
"Just because you're probably the only asian in a five mile radius does not mean I am going to date you." I huffed, putting my chin in my hands.
"Why not? Oh, unless you're only into international girls." She wiggled her eyebrows at me.

It was so dorky that I couldn't help but smile a little.

"No, not that either. I am just not attracted to you." I admitted.
"Are you kidding me? I am quite a catch if you haven't  noticed." She exclaimed, twirling in a circle.
"You've got food in your teeth, you're dressed like a dork and you have runs in your stockings." I nodded.
"Yah! You don't have to be so mean! Just one drink, please~"
"You're coming off desperate and that definetly not a turn-on."
"Unless you've got something better to do?" She asked.

I looked at my phone once again, I was hoping that it would have a missed call, a text, anything from him.

"No actually I don't. I'll go, but it's not a date! Just friends." I warned her.
"Right, just friends. Ah~ I'm so excited." She ran from the room with a smile of her face, leaving me in my silence. What have I just agreed to?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Hello again everyone~! I hope you like the first chapter for this sequel. I am going to get around to all the SHINee members and show you what their lives are like now but I thought we would start with Mr Jonghyun Kim. This is what Hye-Su Byeon looks like:

She will appear more in the story later on, she is relevent, trust me. :) Anyway, thank you for reading and I'll hopefully see you soon~! Love, banana-milk-unni <3 Bye Bye!