Hongbin : Stubborn

VIXX Drabbles

 

Sighing loudly, I crumpled the piece of paper into a ball. Cursed math equations.
 
Pressing my eyes shut, I laid my head on the table rather forcefully, against my folded arms. The impact made the pencil I had been holding clatter to the ground. I heard the faint thudding of footsteps and opened my eyes to find a towering figure approach me.
 
Bending down, he picked up the fallen pencil. He pulled up a chair and sat beside me, beginning to unfurl the crumpled mass of paper.
 
Breaking the silence with his gentle tone, he asked, "Which parts do you not understand?"
 
I pointed at numerous questions. "These parts..." I finally answered with great reluctance.
 
Despite my whining and interjections of disbelief, he still explained it all patiently to me. If there was even a hint of confusion in my expression, he would try again. 
 
A hint of uneasiness surged within me; I'm being spoilt by him.
 
I continued staring at the equations before me.
 
"Don't be stubborn,"
 
"I'm not!" I retorted, glaring.
 
He gave a slight smile, bemused by my behavior.
 
I felt the faint scowl on my face slip off as I stared into the deep, dark orbs of his eyes.
 
Looking away, I muttered, "Don't laugh at me,"
 
"But you're cute."
 
I kept my gaze firmly locked onto the piece of paper before me, not wanting to admit defeat.
 
He let out a laugh, patting my head, "I hope I was able to help,"
 
He reached for my chin and raised it to meet his gaze, giving a warm smile before pressing his lips onto mine. I looked away after we broke apart, muttering, "I'm sorry, Hongbin oppa."
 
"For?"
 
"...Being stubborn."
 
An angelic laugh escaped from his lips.
 
"It's okay,"
 
He reached out and ruffled my hair gently, before pulling me into a hug.