Ken : Insecure Puppy

VIXX Drabbles

 

Curled up on the sofa, I looked up from my novel to find a slightly staggering tower coming towards me. It plopped down beside me, hanging its head down.
 
"Jaehwannie? What's wrong?"
 
"Nothing," He answered with slight hesitation.
 
"Well, something obviously did happen. Do you want to talk about it?"
 
Remaining expressionless, he shook his head. He closed the space between us, reaching forward to circle his arms around my waist and rest his head on my abdomen. A frown formed on my face. Jaehwan not wanting to talk? Now, that's serious.
 
Finally he spoke, just above a murmur, "Just let me stay like this for a while..."
 
Sitting in comfortable silence, I patted his head, as if he were a child. A laugh nearly escaped my lips as I realised how ironic the scene was; a tall man hugging his girlfriend as if he were a little kid and I were his mother. And did I mention that he was a tall grown man, towering at 180cm?
 
"Aera..."
 
"Hmm?"
 
"Promise you won't laugh."
 
"Promise."
 
My hand instinctively continued smoothing his hair down, as if coaxing him.
 
"Oppa?"
 
"I-I... Sometimes I just think I'm not good enough for you," He blurted, squeezing my waist even harder, burrowing his face into my shirt. "And you'll get stolen by some other guy." My eyes widened and my hand was resting on his head, frozen.
 
"...You're an idiot for even thinking that."
 
He lifted his head, glancing at me, eyes filled with worry. I stared ahead blankly, slowly turning my head to meet his eyes. Something in his gaze reminded me of a lost puppy, I just couldn't bear to pull my gaze away, couldn't bear to lose him.
 
"Don't ever think that," I whispered, reaching for his hand and squeezing it tight.
 
We sat like that for a while. Not once did I manage to tear my eyes from the depths of the two dark orbs before me.
 
 
 
A/N: asdfghjk I just re-read this and it's so bad omg T.T I'm sorryy