CHAPTER 1

Summer Mishap

CHAPTER 1

            Kris Wu finished his Degree in Law at SNU School of Law, South Korea when he was 22.

          In that long 3-year period almost 4 of his torturous and hard-working college life abroad, he accidentally befriended Park Chanyeol.

          ‘Accidentally’ here meant Kris had absolutely no intention of trying to even make nice with his fellow students so he could focus on being the best of the best.

          Unfortunately, that goal was short-lived when a bubbly guy trotted into his dorm room with a grin that could never fall off of his face announced that he, Park Chanyeol, would be rooming with Kris Wu – military-style.

          Kris thought he could tolerate him.

          And now, after almost 7 years of ‘friendship’, Kris angrily wondered why he even thought it was a good idea to tolerate Park Chanyeol.

          Park Chanyeol, a man younger than him by 21 days.

          To Kris, he was a weird guy who took up Bachelor of Nursing in SNU and rooming with the younger was purely by chance. Even back then, at the eager age of 19 his sense of fashion terrorized most people, including Kris. It was as if the gangly teen had no clothes of his size, most of his shirts hung loose and oversized on his shoulders, as if he didn’t own a comb or hairbrush and couldn’t find the time to cut his precious (messy) shoulder-length black hair. He even looked like he didn’t even shower.

          Well, they said ‘don’t judge a book by its cover’.

          Chanyeol had an obsession with cleaning – OCD or ADHD or something. Kris knew that. The most accurate comparison Kris came up living with the nurse in-training was probably like sharing a room with a housekeeper/maid.

          What baffled Kris was how on earth-

          -someone who cleaned as if his life depended on it couldn’t even spare a few seconds to tie his hair into a neat ponytail?

           Kris felt as if his head was going to explode. Wait. Make that wanting to explode Chanyeol’s head first before he exploded. That head that had the most ridiculous of ideas most of the time.

          “Tell me you’re kidding,” Kris said lividly from his seat across of Chanyeol.

          Over the years, Chanyeol had developed immunity to Kris’s glares and barks.

          So he answered cheerily, “Oh no, no, I’m not.”

          Kris exhaled harshly.          

          “You’re kidding,” Kris stated. This is just a dream, a really ed up dream, he thought.

          “Kris, please?” he could hear the other whined. Just a dream.

          “...”

          “Kris, you’re my best friend. And you know a lot about me and I know a lot about you. And you know that I know you know that I can’t possibly marry a girl...”

          “...”

          “We share this apartment, Kris. That’s a plus! We don’t even have to move out! So you’re the only one I can count on. Please? And you’re a lawyer; you know the fastest way to get things done!”

          “...”

          “You just have to sign the paper, Kris. And it’s not a real marriage, I swear! It’s going to be only on paper, Kris! We both have stable careers so we won’t have a problem.”

          “...”

          “Kris, please...”

          “...”

          “Kris hyung...”

          And he snapped.

           “Alright!”

          He really couldn’t say no. Darn Chanyeol for knowing his weak spot.   

          “Alright. Fine. I’ll help you on this one,” he glared at the other. He pointed a threatening finger at Chanyeol as if to say ‘don’t mess this up’ as he lifted his towering form from the pristine white sofa (that Chanyeol picked out online when they browsed for furniture for their apartment).  

          “REALLY? YOU’RE THE BEST, KRIS!” Chanyeol beamed, and practically launched himself into Kris’s arms.

          Kris felt tired as he patted the nurse’s back. Really tired. Mentally tired, whatever.

          But Chanyeol said he was the best, so yeah, he’d tolerate this. Chanyeol squeezed him tight before letting him go and pranced toward his room, whooping as he went to prepare for his next shift. The younger man’s voice bounced off the walls.

          “I’m going to have a baby!”