Chapter 84

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 84

 

Hand in hand we walked silently outside. It’s a great feeling to have him next to me with no worries. We were both enjoying the moment, even if we were both silent, and that was the beauty of it.

As I expected we ended up in that fountain that will forever share those secret moments together.

Instead of sitting down he walked and stood in front of me, and took the bouquet from my hand and placed it on top of the structure.

We looked at each other for what seemed to be the longest time then he looked down.

“___-ah…?”

I hummed.

“Have I made you happy?” –He asked suddenly and I tilted my head.

“How come you’re asking me that all of the sudden?”

“I promised you a while ago in this very place I would make you happy.” –Youngjae looked up at me again making my heart beat out of control as it always did. –“I just want to make sure I’m keeping my promise…”

I smiled and nodded. “You are.”

“After all that happened because of me, it’s hard to believe…” –He said sadly.

“Don’t forget that once, I was the one that hurt you constantly.” –And that was true, I made him suffer and wait for so long. I raised my hand and caressed his cheek. His face still had signs of the wounds from the horrible events of the day before, despite his attempts of covering it up, so I was careful not to hurt him. –“Only when I felt the pain of being rejected once, I understood your feelings... What I didn’t expect was falling for the one I avoided so much.”

He chuckled, his saddened expression changed because of my words. Then he took my hand and asked:

“I’m curious though… Why do you like me?”

Now that question was a surprise. I pressed my lips together holding a smile and looked away to keep him in expectation.

“It’s a secret…” –I giggled and let go of him and walked a couple of steps ahead. –“Everyone must be wondering where we are… Let’s go back!”

I walked faster than him and I turn around momentarily to see his face. He was really expecting an answer from me, and I felt bad I didn’t reply truthfully. Approaching him again I take both his hands and look directly to his eyes, I was just playing with him, I wasn't planning to leave him hanging like that.

“I like you, because you are sweet and considerate, always willing to help others… I like that you were always patient with me, even if I didn’t deserve it.” -I paused when he giggled at the comment, perhaps remembering how many times I rejected him in the past, and then I continued. –“I like that no matter how down I’ve felt, you always found the best ways to make me feel better, and whenever you're with me you make any day better, and I also like that you didn’t give up on me, even when I took so long to come around...”

“When did you realize that?” –He asked holding on tighter to my hand and I smiled and looked down. By then, I already had clear  when I started to have feelings for him.

"That day you took me to the beach…” –I remembered well that day, it wasn’t necessarily the same moment he remembered, but I recall well feeling different towards him that day. How patient he was with me, and how he knew exactly what I needed to feel better. I also found out that his feelings for me were genuine, and from that day on I wanted to stay close to him and know the side of him I mercilessly fell for later on. –“I realized that even when I thought I didn't... I really liked you, but we were friends and I wanted to know you better.”

Halfway my words my Youngjae was grinning, he took a long sigh and gently caressed my knuckles with his hands that had a loose hold of mine.

“Do you mean all that?” -He bluntly asked, not exactly the response I was expecting.

“You don’t believe me?” –I said with a playful smile.

“No, is not that. Is just… That all this seems surreal…”

He was really adorable, I could tell he was waiting long to have this kind of reassurance from my part. Perhaps, by the way I used to treat him, he never expected to hear such words. I emb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter