Chapter 76

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 76

 

Even when you were trying to cope with the fact that you and Youngjae were no longer together. Something you couldn't get over with was the fact that Daehyun and Youngjae had fought. Knowing them and how close they were, it was very concerning that they would ignore each other like that. You hoped that maybe you could ease the situation from one of the sides. Taking a deep breath, contemplating how you would approach the topic, you made your way to Daehyun.

“Hey Daehyun…”

“Hey, how are you feeling today…” –He said with a smile as soon as he saw you. Thankfully, he was calmer than the day before so at least you chose a good time to talk to him.

“I’m fine… but can we talk?” -As soon as you said those words Daehyun’s gaze softened.

“Sure thing!”

 

You walked a bit further to an empty classroom.

“What’s on your mind?” -He asked very curious. You sighed and as soon as he saw your expression change, he could tell exactly what you intended. –“Wait... If you're going to talk to me about Youngjae, then count me out.”

“Daehyun, listen to me. I know you’re mad at him, but can't you just try and talk to him? It really pains me to see two good friends like you guys become so distant all of the sudden. I know he hurt me but..."

Daehyun interrupted your sentence by saying your name very seriously.

"...I know you still have feelings for him. But you can’t ask me not to be angry at him after what he did. What he did, despite the reasons he had in mind was wrong and you don’t deserve that.” -He paused and very seriously added. –“And you should know that you deserve to be treated with dignity. Don’t throw away your pride over someone who doesn’t appreciate you.”

You sighed; deep down your heart kept telling you Youngjae did care and he didn’t mean any of those harsh words he said.

“Daehyun, it just hurts me to see such good friends fight because of me.”

Daehyun furrowed his eyebrows. –“Who said we fought because of you?”

"Then why? I expected you to at least try and reason with him or something... Not fight." 

He pressed his lips together then responded.

“Can you really blame me for getting mad with someone who hurt a close friend like it was nothing?” -He asked and you shook your head, of course if someone hurt any of your friends including Daehyun you wouldn’t stand still.

"Also, how would you feel if your best friend shoves you away as if you don't mean anything to him anymore?" -He took a deep breath and glanced to his side and continued. -"Truth is, I never wanted to hit him, but I was already angry for what he did to you, and then when I heard his words and the way he treated me, so I couldn't stop thinking about everything I did to help him and I felt angrier..." 

He looked at you again and added. -"...He didn't even trust me to tell me what's going on so I could help him. I felt betrayed, like he threw our friendship to the trash along with his trust in me... I know I came in too strong, but how do you expect me to be okay with that?"

Daehyun was really disappointed on Youngjae. It reminded you also of when Sarah felt you didn’t trust her enough to tell her about your feelings towards Youngjae, that made her feel worthless.

So you could barely imagine how Daehyun was feeling at the moment. He felt that his best friend didn't trust him anymore, and that part hurt him more than anything else he could've done. Somehow, you got where he was coming from, truth was that you couldn’t really make him forgive Youngjae that easily. He needed time to heal.

“I get it. I’m sorry.” -You looked down.  –“I should’ve taken your feelings in account.”

“Don’t worry. Feelings don’t change from one day to another. I know you really love him.” -He said and put his hand on your shoulder making you look at him. –“You’re my good friend ___-ah, and I appreciate that you're actually worried about me enough to talk things out. I understand your concern..."

He paused for a second then continued:

"... But right now I would also appreciate if you tried to understand my reasons." 

"I do now." -You said softly. 

Daehyun then smiled and said with all honesty. "Don't let this bump in the road stop you okay?"

“I won’t…”-Gazing at Daehyun, you could clearly see how hurt he really was even when he was hiding his real feelings, he was trying to be the best friend he could for you.

Although you couldn’t convince him, you decided to let things take their course; trusting that somehow someday things will turn out as you remembered.

 

 

 

Youngjae’s POV

 

His heart still ached, but nonetheless he had to keep moving on without a sound. He couldn’t speak about what happened, he couldn’t fight, and he couldn’t see her anymore. For the first time, he was scared; he was scared of how they could control his life by something he regretted. The way his past flew right back at him really took him by surprise, and there was nothing he could do but hope this would all pass by quickly. I can move on… Can’t I?

But when he saw her again in the near distance of the library, that possibility suddenly seemed impossible.

 

He was caught off guard; he didn’t realize his eyes were fixed on her figure. He looked away once their eyes met. After what happened, there was no way he could even be caught in his own feelings. Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter