Chapter 71

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 71

 

The scene felt so familiar. Surely I remember seeing this before, it was that same memory I saw when Youngjae kissed me the first time in the future. I was backstage, and there were some things out of place and I felt both angry and worried at the same time. But instead, this time, things were different; Yoseob and I were alone. I glance to my sides confused where I remembered Sarah and my other friends were supposed to be there next to me, instead, I saw Sarah in the farthest area of the backstage and other people. No one was really paying attention at us. I turned back at Yoseob who interrupted my flooding thoughts.

“You still believe him after all the things he pulled off?”

I really didn’t want to be there, my heart pushed me elsewhere, but soon before I could even walk away I felt him take my wrist tight and harshly pull me towards him.

“Let me go!”

He chuckled darkly, his expression changed completely, and it was so intimidating my knees trembled.

“Am I really that worthless to you? Do you really think what I said the other day was a joke?!” –Yoseob yelled at my face and tightened his grip making me scream. He was really angry and it felt so real, almost as if I could feel the pain.

 

--

 

Stirring in my bed I wake up suddenly from the ‘dream’, I’m sweating uncontrollably. Youngjae and Sarah’s voice made me fall in time. He rushed to me and told Daehyun to call the nurse and Sarah stood in the other side of the bed. Sunhwa watched me from a distance telling them to let me breathe.

Youngjae stood a bit close to me bombarding me with questions, but without touching me as if he was afraid I’d break.

“Where am I?” –I look at Sarah who told Youngjae to calm down and take it easy with me.

“You’re in the hospital. An accident happened while rehearsing and Seokjin pushed you and you passed out.”

It all came back to me, but I only remembered looking up when I heard a noise and the blinding light. I glanced at Youngjae for a second, he seemed like he was crying before, in fact looking carefully everyone seemed very concerned, including Sunhwa.  I made everyone worry.

Daehyun came back with the nurse, who told everyone to leave me some space for the doctor to make some questions.

 

The doctor said that there was a minor concussion that made me pass out. But explained to everyone that there was nothing serious to worry about, and they’d leave me overnight to do some more tests since I was out for a while.

“What about Seokjin?” –I asked, Sarah did say he pushed me, he could’ve been hurt.

“Thankfully he didn’t have any serious injury; he only sprained his foot so he’ll be out of here as soon as I sign the discharge form. As for you young lady, you need to stay in bed for a while and if you feel anything out of the ordinary just let a nurse know.”

I thanked the doctor, I was sure glad Seokjin was alright, part of me feared that the object falling would’ve hurt him.

Soon after the doctor left, my parents came into the room. My mom instantly rushed to my side and started to ask me questions to which Sarah explained calmly.

"Does it hurt too much?"-Of course it was like my mother to keep asking no matter how much I said I was alright. But I couldn't blame her, truth was it was a scary situation I went through.

“I’m really okay mom. It doesn't hurt much."–I assured her.

"Let her rest dear."-My dad ushered mom aside to approach me. He hugged me tenderly and kissed my forehead. -"I'm glad you're okay. I'll go to the school first time tomorrow and see what happened okay?"

I nodded and hugged him back. Just as they were I was more than glad that nothing worse happened.

 

Now I was in a room filled with almost all my friends and my parents. Junhong and Jongup called to check up on me, but they couldn't make it to the hospital due to their very busy schedules.

So the rest of the visiting hours passed with us having a lovely conversation. They tried not to bring the stressing event up, and I tried not to think about the altered memory I saw before waking up.

But it still lingered in the back of my mind, my headache was still there as well, so over thinking wouldn’t really help the cause.

I made Youngjae some space in the hospital bed, and he sat next to me and put his arm on my shoulder and kissed my cheek sweetly.

 

When my food arrived, everyone said they’d go get some eat as well. Youngjae, of course, offered to stay with me and asked Daehyun if he could bring some food for him. Daehyun acceded to the request, but not before teasing him with his grin.

 

“You could’ve gone with them you know.” –I said as he opened the tray.

“I could’ve, but then who would’ve helped you with your food?” –He reasoned with his eyes fixed in the food he was setting up.

“I think I’m pretty capable to eat on my own

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter