Chapter 52

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I feel myself going rusty already lol

It's all for fun though right?

Chapter 52

 

 

 After finishing the recording session, Sarah sent the students back to their respective schedules. Youngjae stayed with her watching attentively as she managed the editing and gave her suggestions, which when she liked she would gladly take. The girl sure was different towards him when she was working. She was serious, committed and most of all focused.

 Curiously he watched as she put the finishing touches and made sure to make an extra copy. His girlfriend wasn’t far from truth when she said that Sarah took her work seriously, and despite their past or however she decided to treat him outside or inside of school hours, he admired that from her. It was obvious why they chose her to be the team leader.

 Right after saving, and safely remove the device, she turned around and held it out to him. Taking him by surprise he looked up to her and down to her hand cautiously.

 “Here, take this. I’m trusting you with this, so you better keep it safe.”

 Youngjae swallowed very deeply and took the object with shaking hands.

 “You must protect this as if it were your own life, alright? No one else can get a hold of this but you."

 The boy suddenly became more nervous, from all the people he knew the person he least expected to trust him with such a big responsibility such as that was the girl before him.

 “Speak. Can you do it?” -She raised her voice due to the speechless boy.

 “Y-yes. You can count on me Sarah.” -He finally spoke.

 With that she nodded in approval and got up from the chair to pick her things.

 “Also…” 

 Youngjae turned to her who was already nearing the door.

 “Make sure to shut down the equipment and lock after you leave. Thanks!” -With a sly smile she left Youngjae with open agape. By the moment he let everything sink, he scoffed and rolled his eyes.

 He looked at his hand and with a smile he closed the palm of his hand tight. Perhaps after all this time he was wrong, and maybe Sarah saw him as something more than a nuisance. And to him, that meant a lot.

 

--

 

After canceling constantly due to the busy schedules, a free Sunday had finally arrived and a text message had let her know that Youngjae was on the way. Eagerly she did final touches to her hair and got rid of the excess wrinkles of her dress and breathed deeply.

Today they would finally meet with Daehyun and Sunhwa after the longest time for their 'double date' at the cafe, and she was sure to enjoy her day if everything went well.

 “You look beautiful already my dear…” -Her mother woke her up from the daze she was in.

 “Mom… Please.” -The girl felt the blush growing on her cheeks due to her mother’s words.

 “You don’t want to keep Youngjae waiting now do you?” -The woman leaned on the door frame with her arms crossed and sly smile.

 Immediately, the girl got up from the small chair and turned again to her mother.

 “He’s here already? His message must've arrived late then...”

 Her mother with a slight smirk nodded and approached her daughter who was quickly freaking out.

 “I never thought I’d come to see the day my girl grew up so beautifully. It won’t be long before you get married and leave us.” -Unconsciously she fixed even more the girl’s hair as she tenderly looked at her.

 “Mother, please, it’s just a double date…”

 “I’m sorry, is just that Youngjae is such a nice gentleman, and you’re already a wonderful young lady so it’s just a matter of time.” 

 The girl chuckled and placed her hands on top of her mother’s.

 “I’m still too young mom. Don’t worry, it’ll take a while. I just want to cherish this time at its fullest.” -She gave her mom a last smile. -”Alright?”

 “Don’t keep him waiting any longer. I think you‘ll find a lovely surprise.” -Her mother kissed her forehead. 

 --

 With that being said, I made my way downstairs. I wondered what surprise was my mother speaking about as I walked down. Youngjae sure was always a giver, and would always surprise me when I least expected.

 As usual, I could hear my father’s laugh coming from the living room as he spoke to Youngjae. The two of them had become closer especially since they shared many similar likes. I finally walked to the living room and immediately caught the attention of the two of them.

 But, what really surprised me though, giving meaning to my mother’s words, was not a gif

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter