Chapter 28

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 28

 

First Day of School (Flashback)

Sarah was the first person to arrive; she was sitting on a desk which faced three other smaller ones. She glanced at the watch and let out a deep and annoyed sigh. If they get here late, I won’t take it easy on neither of them.

Although she had ‘softened’ up to Youngjae, she was still serious about her work. And when it came to school and composing, she liked for things to go her way. She was still mentally planning the schedule for the rest of the day when some footsteps made her glance over to the door.

“Good afternoon!” –The boy brightly smiled.

She seriously eyed the boy, whom to her point of view seemed over excited, and averted her sight back to the papers. He frowned slightly and walked over to one of the desks where he set up his things and sat down. The girl kept looking intently at the papers so he decided to keep his mind elsewhere, just so it wouldn’t feel awkward.

“Where’s the other two?” –She spoke up.

“They will be here soon.” –He simply said.

She nodded and looked back to the papers without answering. It was taking a toll on him that she was acting so differently towards him, he wondered if he had done or said anything wrong.

Sarah looked at the watch that had 3:30 and she got up from the desk immediately.

“Guess we’ll start without them.”

“Can’t you give them a couple of minutes more? They must be late for a reason…” –Youngjae asked softly.

She gave him a stern look and walked over to his desk.

“If I start giving them ‘a couple of minutes more’ since the first meeting, then I’ll start giving them an open door to keep arriving late.” –She crossed her arms and walked over to the desk. –“We’ll start without them. No excuse…”

Just when she had finished the sentence Daehyun’s voice sounded from the door.

“We’re here!” –He spoke loudly, his voice taking over the silence of the room.

Youngjae looked at him and signaled in terror for him to not speak loudly or in this case to not say anything at all. Sarah turned around and narrowed her eyes at the couple. Sunhwa quickly caught on the tenseness in the room, so without uttering a sound she walked to her respective desk. Daehyun’s smile turned upside down once he saw the unhappy group leader.

“Since I don’t want any misunderstandings… Let me be clear since day one…”

Along with a devious expression, that was Sarah’s line to begin a lecture that wouldn’t soon be forgotten.

 

--

 

“What’s the matter with her?!” –Daehyun scoffed  and protested as they walked away from the meeting classroom.

Sunhwa shushed him. “Dae! She might be listening…” –She looked back just in case.

“Well it’s true! She didn’t have to be so stuck up just because we arrived a minute late.” –Daehyun protested. –“If she had a bad day she didn’t have the right to take her anger out on us…!”

“Just try and arrive on time next time?” –Youngjae suggested to his infuriated friend.

Daehyun narrowed his eyes and glared at him.

“Sarah’s serious with her work, she’s just trying to do a good job Daehyun. A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter