Chapter 21

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  Chapter 21

 

Right after Youngjae Sarah got her turn to do her performance. As much as you’d love to talk to Youngjae at the moment, you felt that your best friend needed you now more than ever. You saw her step forward until she reached the microphone and eyed the whole audience, clearing she began.

--

It was surprising for you to see that Sarah came out alone when she had Daehyun to back her up.

Without an introduction she began to sing, at that moment no instruments were needed. Her voice, the tone she used was enough to enhance the lyrics perfectly.

Though it was unusual for something like this to be seen in a talent show of this kind, everyone was pleased with her presence, the way she transmitted her feelings through her words, but it seemed like everyone but her was pleased.

As Sarah continued her song, her eyes were just empty, the only thing that made her hold on to that microphone and stand still on stage were those words that kept replaying on her mind again and again.

But how could she try and make other’s happy, if she herself wasn’t feeling happy?

Oblivious to it, the audience followed closely her performance. But her best friend saw beyond that, and she could feel that Sarah was indeed trying to hold herself strongly there. Sarah’s fragile side was soon to be revealed.

“Thank you…” –Sarah bowed as she received the applause of everyone who enjoyed the performance.

Opposite to what performers feel, Sarah’s heart kept feeling that emptiness that was unexplainable to her. This was what she was aiming for exactly, was it?

 

--

 

As soon as Sarah finished, you carefully made your way through the people. Once you made your way backstage, you searched for her but as strange as it sounded she was nowhere to be found. You walked furthermore only to be stopped by someone.

“Hey…” –Youngjae said with a grin.

“Youngjae have you seen Sarah?” –You asked a little distracted.

He was a little disappointed to what you asked, since he was expecting your thoughts on his performance.

“I think I saw her going towards the exit in the back… w…” –He pointed at the back door of the stage.

You cut him off with thanks and rushed towards the door. Youngjae stared at the direction you had left off with his hand up and with what he was going to say hanging from the tip of his tongue. Once you had disappeared from his sight, he just heaved a sigh and scratched the back of his neck in frustration.

“Jae, everything okay buddy?” –Daehyun appeared from behind.

Youngjae quickly turned around and let out a sigh.

“I tried to talk to her to see, but she just left me hanging, she didn’t even say anything about my performance. But I don’t think she got it. What do I have to do Dae?”

Daehyun noticed his still impatient friend, and put his arm on his shoulder to try and reason with him.

“Remember what I told you earlier?”

“Yeah… But sometimes I just want to say it. It gets so hard to try and only be her friend Daehyun.”

Daehyun nodded. “I know.”

He considered all the possible things he could say to the impatient boy next to him knowing that he needed to be careful with his words to avoid hurting him.

“D-did she ignore you? Or act differently?” –He chose to ask to know what he could advice him.

Youngjae shrugged thinking about the quick conversation between the both of you.

“She just inquired for Sarah, and than left.”

Daehyun understanding better the situation decided to answer.

“Oh. Well… I think I know why she acted like that.”

Youngjae turned to Daehyun with his eyebrow raised.

“Did something happen?”

Daehyun nodded and replied. “Sarah’s guitar got sabotaged this afternoon, and she wasn’t feeling so well about it. Even I was worried about her earlier. I’m pretty sure that’s why ___-ah was so distracted. Don’t blame her or yourself for that.”

Youngjae’s eyes widened upon hearing his words many questions in his mind on who would’ve dared to do something like that.

“Someone did what?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter