Chapter 12

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  Chapter 12

 

“Babe, long time no see…” –Daehyun beamed as he spotted his girl. –“I missed you…”

She wasn’t certainly in the mood to smile, but seeing that boy brought her mood up. He leaned down and pecked her lips softly.

“I missed you too…” –She softly said looking down flustered.

He sat next to her in the bench and wrapped his arm around her.

“Finally together…” –He let out a sigh. –“You’ve been busy these days haven’t you?”

She nodded and put her head down.

“What’s wrong?” –He moved his face to her. –“I thought after what happened in the audition you’d be happy. Why are you so glum?”

He caressed the side of her face and gently moved it so she would look at him.

“It’s nothing big… Is just that… ____.”

“_____? What’s the matter with her now, I thought she was being nice to you.”

“And that’s just it! Daehyun, people don’t change all the sudden like that! Why is she suddenly treating me like that?” –She snapped back and shook her head afterwards. –“Sorry… I-I just don’t know what’s happening…”

Daehyun instead of scolding her, he let out a chuckle.

“She did not change suddenly like that… She’s always been like that Sunhwa.” –He tried to reason. –“Youngjae has known her longer than we have, and trust me when I say, he doesn’t pursue just any one. And if he’s found her worthy of waiting for so long, then she must be a very good person. And who knows? Maybe she really wants to change things after all. I mean, these are our last years of high school, why would anyone want to remember silly fights as their memories.”

Sunhwa wide eyed glared at Daehyun.

“That’s what she said to me…” –She replied.

A wide grin appeared in his lips, and his famous wrinkled eye smile. “See?” –He embraced her with his other arm. –“Hasn’t she shown you enough that she wants to leave things behind? I already told you, give her a chance honey.”

 

--

“Yeon Ae…?” –You caught her attention. –“Who is Youngjae to you?”

 

She chuckled softly and looked down and her hair fell to her face, fixing it behind her ear she began.

“Youngjae… He was sort of my breakthrough. I feel bad because I wasn’t very friendly with him when I met him. But I needed to keep my grades up if I wanted to stay here, so I acceded to let him tutor me.” –She intertwined her fingers on top of the desk and leaned forward. –“But he was always so worried about my well being, he’d try to get me to speak up, he’d try to make me laugh. Eventually I realized I could trust him.”

You sighed with your eyes straight on the desk in front of you. Yeon Ae looked at you with concern and leaned forward to make eye contact.

“He’s reminds me of my older brother…”

Her sudden confession caught your attention.

“He married when I was younger, and Youngjae is just like him. I guess that’s why I became so close to him, and why I worry so much about his feelings. I mean, never in my life I would want my brother to get his feelings hurt… ”

She put her head down as her minds fluttered with thoughts of her older brother.

“I’m sure things would be a lot different if my brother were here, sadly he doesn’t know about what happened to me, so when I visited him I had to put up a façade in front of him. I didn’t want to worry him since he had his life away already. So I had to cope with things basically on my own. Until I met Youngjae…”

You felt at ease when you saw the way she really felt about him. She chuckled. -“He made things so easy for me after we started to hang out at tutoring. His and my brother’s personality were so alike, I felt at ease. He made me believe that I didn’t have to shun everyone out of my world just because of what those girls did to me. But still he was the only one I actually trusted.”

A wide grin spread across your lips.

“Well that can change…”

Yeon Ae chuckled most probably because of your expression. “How so?”

“Since you have now more than one buddy, how about I introduce you to my closest friend first. I’m sure you’ll love her. She’s really fun to be with, plus she’s really cool. And, she’s in your music class too! So you’ll get to get to know her even more. What do you think…?”

 

--

The next day

 

“_____-ah! H-hi…” –Sarah stumbled a little by the person next to you.

Yeon Ae bowed slightly with a smile. Sarah was taken a bit aback, since she hadn’t seen the girl smile that often.

“Sarah! I know you know who she is already, but let me formally introduce you both.” –You pu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter