Chapter 1

Remind Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  Chapter 1

Second Semester 10th Grade

 

The buzzing of the alarm clock woke you up from your deep slumber. Three days after your arrival have passed and you were adjusting to some things just fine, except a couple.

I really didn’t miss getting up at this hour, that’s for sure.

You tapped the alarm clock button and looked with your eyes almost closed the big red numbers that read now. 5:01 a.m. Getting up at that time was sure a nuisance, but then you remembered there was something about going to school now that brought you excitement.

I hope he’s there early…

With a smile you got off bed and got ready.

--

Biting your lip and looking around you stood next to the music room.

“_____-ah.” –Sarah’s voice startled you a bit.

You turn around. “Sarah! Dear, you scared me!” –You put your hand over your chest.

“Sorry… What are you doing here so early? We usually met by your locker?” –She asked a little confused.

You chuckled nervously. “Oh, I just thought we could change routines…”

She nodded slowly. “O…K…” –She narrowed her eyes at you. –“That’s nice that you want to do something different. But I think you should get going now, I think ‘you-know-who’ will arrive soon…” –She whispered that last part.

You didn’t really want to leave, it was ‘you-know-who’ the person you were waiting for. Though you weren’t still technically talking to him, you’d find ways to get to see him ‘by coincidence.’ It was still too soon in your perception to tell Sarah or anyone about your feelings.

Taking things step by step wasn’t easy for you now, considering that you had gotten really close to him. But you decided to conceal your true feelings and let things develop at their time. After all, this is just the beginning.

“Yeah… You’re right! I should get going.” –You beamed. –“Well, see you at lunch!” –You gave her a last smile and hugged her.

She nodded and cocked her eyebrow. “See you then?” –She waved slowly at you.

You waved at her and walked away, hoping you could keep everything as it should be without making anyone feel suspicious. You cursed the time you decided to wait there at that time; of course it would seem like a sudden change of character for that person that knew you so well.

Rushing a little bit more than usual you made your way to your classroom, until you turned to the next hallway and bumped into someone.

“Sorry…” –You both said at the same time and you bowed your head in apology.

You look up when you heard his familiar voice.

The nerves hit you and you swallowed deeply and averted your sight again, another small sorry leaving your lips before you dashed past him. His eyes followed the direction you had left until you disappeared from sight.

 

You walked directly to your classroom and took your assigned seat. Falling into your seat, you plumped your head into your arms. Why seeing you now is so hard?

You heard someone snicker near you, looking up from your arms you saw Sunhwa whispering something to one of your classmates and smirking at you. You sighed knowing it wasn’t worth saying anything to her, sooner or later things between you and her would have to be cleared, but today wasn’t that day.

 

--

 

At lunch time you awaited in the table for Sarah to arrive, but every now and then you’d glance at the room to see if Youngjae was nearby. When you already gave up, the chair in front of you was moved.

“Sweetie, were you waiting for me?” –Sarah said as she sat down as she looked at your full tray.

You chuckled and nodded. “Yes! But I was about to dig in if you took more time…” –You joked.

“Hey! I would wait for you all the time you need.” –She said offended, but then chuckled.

“You’re so sweet!” –You chuckled and she laughed. “Let’s just eat before the bell rings.” –You said already digging into your food.

 

You were talking with Sarah and laughing trying not to choke on your food, when you saw a figure walking in the direction of your table. Glancing up you saw Daehyun with his usual charming grin. He looked down at you and with his head motioned you a hello and kept walking. You smiled and looked down at your food until you heard Sarah’s voice.

“How dare he just be as if nothing happened after h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter