o3-Doubts

Forever Lost Series

 

Title: Forever Lost 
Chapters: 3/10 
Pairing: EunHae/KyuMin/ZhouWon 
Rating: PG 
Summary: Si Won needs help, and Sung Min and Eunhyuk need a job. Who was the mysterious guy that caught Si Won's attention and maybe his heart? What lies ahead for Sung Min and Eunhyuk on this short two-week school break? Will memories last a lifetime for a love lost that's hoping to be found? 

-----------------------------------

"IT'S MINE! I GOT THIS!"

"NO! YOU STOLE IT!"

"HENCE, MINE!"

"LET ME JUST HOLD IT!"

"NO!"

"OK, let's just rest for a while."

"GOTCHA! MINE NOW!"

Si Won's ears cannot be deceived. He clearly heard shouts outside his office door, and he thought he knew who those voices belong to. As if the noise wasn't enough, he heard running, no, trampling feet accompanied by muffled curses.

He quickly pulled the door open. Then two bodies collided with his and they all fell with a loud thud on the floor. Si Won realized that somebody's knee rested on his cheek and he cannot imagine what he could be touching with his hands sandwiched between his two friends.

"HMMPKHETOUTOFTHUHWAY you IDIOT!"

"HRMMMPHyou get up first MORON!"

"STOP!" Si Won tried to get them all up while restraining at least a hand from hurting him or his other friend who happened to be Eunhyuk whose uniform now lacked several buttons.

"And I thought you would never do that again after high school!"

"You're practically adults now, and you still act like children!" Si Won reprimanded his two friends who by then have already collapsed on separate chairs.

"Tell that to Sung Min hyung..."

"I wasn't even the one who took it..."

Hearing two sentences said at the same time sounded like alien language.

"Again?" Si Won encouraged with his voice a fraction below normal, his head turned sideways so as to better hear whatever he just missed.

Sung Min and Eunhyuk stared at each other and burst out laughing. They clutched their bellies and had difficulty breathing. Eunhyuk weirdly stomped his right foot while Sung Min held onto Eunhyuk's shoulder for support. And as soon as it begun, they immediately stopped at Si Won's murderous looks.

"Aww, sorry Si Won-ah. We just got carried away." Eunhyuk wiped his tears on a sleeve with a shoe print clearly evident obviously from the recent scuffle.

"Care to explain everything, Sung Min Hyung?" Si Won then proceeded to his chair and faced his friends much like a school dean giving out detention to naughty students.

Sung Min disregarded Si Won's authority and quickly opened the fridge for refreshment. He tossed a can of soda at Eunhyuk and sat on Si Won's tidy office desk. The two rascals took their time complimenting the free refreshment until they heard a foot tapping.

Sung Min paused for a while; glanced to make sure the door was closed and finally looked at Si Won and Eunhyuk.

"First of all. Whatever we find out, let's keep it to ourselves, at least for the time being."

Sung Min then stood up and locked the door.

"Eunhyuk. Where is it?"

Unceremoniously, Eunhyuk tossed something white and plastic at Si Won's direction which he caught with both hands.

"Remember that you promised a bonus. And don't call the police yet."

Si Won inspected a white luggage tag with a broken black strap. Like any other tags, it has information of the owner on it. He wanted a closer look, but his hands wouldn’t obey what his brain ordered it to do. His heart rate suddenly elevated and he tried to keep his breathing normal which sounded like he was about to faint or something. He guessed that this has something to do with the mission he gave his two friends.

Impatient already, Eunhyuk suddenly grabbed the tag from Si Won's hands and decided to read aloud the tag's information.

"Name: Zhou Mi

Address: Axcott Hotel, Beijing, China

Tel. No.: (010)******"

"There! Was that so hard? Geez!"

Eunhyuk innocently finished reading and was almost proud of his accomplishment when he became aware of Sung Min's wide eyes opposed to Si Won's angry ones.

He slowly placed the tag on Si Won's still outstretched hands and backed out to the farthest chair.

"Uhmm...you can read the other side if you want to." Eunhyuk said sheepishly.

"OTHER SIDE!" Si won shouted in surprise.

Sung Min cupped a hand on Si Won's ear and whispered.

"Please don't let us get killed!"

Then Sung Min grabbed Si Won's collar and shook him violently.

"Let us out of here!"

He then hugged Eunhyuk and wailed.

"We can still escape. If ever we got caught, we'll deny everything. Do you think he remembered our faces? Should we get plastic surgery...?"

Eunhyuk calmed his older friend. He rubbed Sung Min’s back and tried to offer words of consolation.

"Hey there was this saying. If you can't beat them...errr...run?"

Si Won clapped his hands loud to make the two settle down.

"Will you stop that! That's what you get at watching mystery movies."

"And what about the police?  Ahh, since you stole this from him right?"

"Let us just sit down and figure this out ok."

Si Won gently led Sung Min and Eunhyuk to a pair of chairs fronting his desk.

Si Won then pulled a card out from the transparent plastic pocket of the tag and flipped it. He first read with his eyes, flipped the card, read and flipped again.

"So, what's his real name? Zhou Mi or Cao Gui Xian? And what's this logo?" Si Won then approached Sung Min and showed him an emblem of a red crescent moon beside the name of Cao Gui Xian.

Sung Min instantly covered his eyes but explained in a hushed voice what puzzled Si Won.

"This red crescent moon is the sign of one of Seoul's vicious mafia."

“Yeah, right.” Si Won clapped Sung Min on the back, crossed his arms on his chest, and stared at his friend with mocking eyes.

Sung Min stood up, grabbed the tag from Si Won’s right hand and pointed to the emblem once more, this time with the proximity of several centimeters from Si Won’s eyes.

“Where did you grow up that you did not know about ‘Ppalgan’ and his gang?!”
“I’m sure you’ve heard of ‘Red Young Woon’ right?’

“No?!”

“Ahhhh! Eunhyuk please tell my parents that I love them dearly!”

With this last sentence he fell into a catatonic state, speaking unintelligible words to himself.

“Hyung! Hyung! Don’t worry, our parents have no money, so I’m sure they’ll take Si Won instead.”

Eunhyuk consoled Sungmin while preventing his friend from pulling more hair from his legs.

 

Tap tap!

They froze.

“Hello! Choi Si Won-ssi? Mr. Choi Si Won?”

The three of them scrambled around the room in panic. Eunhyuk ended up on Si Won’s chair. Sung Min, his hands raised still holding the tag, bumped on a ledger that sent the tag flying across the room and under a copier. Si Won barely caught Sung Min just before he hit his head at the table.

“Hello! Mr. Choi Si Won.” They heard once again from the other side of the locked door.

“The manager told me to ask for your help since you are in charge of personnel.”

Si Won then pulled Eunhyuk by the arm, sat down and signaled Sung Min to open the door.

As soon as the door opened Sung Min paled and held onto Eunhyuk’s sleeve. Eunhyuk in turn tried his best to cover his face by arranging his hair to cover his eyes. Si won just stood and placed both his palms on top of his desk.

In front of them stood the very person that was their dilemma.

The Chinese guy was surprised not by seeing the expression on their faces but by the fact that what he was looking for was right in front of him--the two guys who helped him to his suite.

----

“I’m sorry that this happened. Everybody’s been busy since guests have doubled because of school break.”

Si Won held his breath as he waited for the other to reply.

Just minutes ago, the very same tag he and his friends inspected was the very same thing this guest wanted to look for.

 

He still remembered the handshake and the voice that introduced a name he’d just read moments before.

“I’m Zhou Mi. I’m a guest at suite 1518 and I need that tag for business purposes.”

“I’m assuming that since these two helped me with my luggage, they might help me retrace my steps so as to locate it.”

 

Eunhyuk and Sung Min of course denied seeing the tag and were relieved when Si Won dismissed them to clean the penthouse.

 

“I can help you get another tag if you like. There is a shop downstairs that cater to that very same necessity.”

Si Won suggested.

 “No thanks, but that tag was specifically designed upon my client’s request. “Zhou Mi replied.

“It’s supposed to be a pass, a sort of introduction. I know it sounds funny. I learned that my client is eccentric and he specifically chose this hotel for our business meeting.”

“Unfortunately, I haven’t met him the last two times I’ve been here. I just received his email that he was busy.”

“Here we are.” Zhou Mi invited Si Won inside the suite.

Si Won of course knew every detail of the suite since he supervised some of the design on every suite in the hotel. He noticed the still unopened luggage and a white trench coat neatly folded on a divan.

 

“Where did you grow up that you did not know about ‘Ppalgan’ and his gang?!”

Sung Min’s voice echoed in his head as his eyes rested on the manila envelope on top of the bed.

He glanced at Zhou Mi first before approaching the bed for a closer look at the envelope. Seeing that Zhou Mi was busy with the broken strap, he cleared his throat and sat on the edge of the bed blocking Zhou Mi’s view of his target.

“Your name did not sound Korean and yet you speak it fluently.” Si Won started a conversation hoping to distract the other. He slowly lifted the envelope’s flap and peeked inside. It seemed to contain multi-colored folders.

“I’m Chinese. I actually graduated from Seoul National University and my fluency in this language landed me this job.” Zhou Mi explained at the same time excited that somebody noticed his hard-earned quality. He locked eyes with Si Won and blushed as the other graced him with a dimpled smile.

Zhou Mi quickly turned around and pretended to inspect the shelves of the walk-in closet. Whew! ‘This closet sure is stuffy’ he murmured to himself. ‘And what is he doing sitting on the bed with a smile like that’. He thought. He cupped his hands on both his cheeks to keep him from blushing.

As soon as Zhou Mi entered the closet, Si Won took that chance to pull out a green-colored folder from the envelope and was shocked. He spotted the red crescent moon printed in the middle with Chinese characters below the emblem. With trembling hands, he pulled out a blue one. Again he spotted the emblem with Japanese characters. He quickly scanned the other folders and discovered that each folder represented a country. He looked for a folder with Hangul on it and found it to be the same as the others. Only this time he understood what the text said.

FIRST PHASE.

 

At the sound of Zhou Mi’s steps, Si Won quickly arranged everything on the bed, stood beside the window and faced Zhou Mi’s approaching figure. His mind flashed with scenes he’d seen on TV of bloody murders and protectively placed his right hand on top of his chest where he supposed his heart was. He almost jumped at the sound of Zhou Mi’s voice.

“Well I guess I’ll have to contact my boss in Beijing for another card.”

“It seems that I would have to stay longer this time.” Zhou Mi grabbed the envelope from the bed, absentmindedly fanned himself with it and looked at Si Won who by then had a smile patched on his face with his back on the wall.

Si Won gulped at the word ‘boss,’ he instinctively stepped backwards until his back hit the wall. This can’t be! How can he believe Sung Min’s crazy conclusions? He was sure that those folders really were for Zhou Mi’s business. Maybe Zhou Mi was a diplomat or a lawyer. He should stop thinking about the mafia. He shook his head to force himself to think clearly. He needed to get out of the room to breathe. His first instinct was to run but his feet became tangled and he cursed himself for tripping in front of Zhou Mi.

Surprised, Zhou Mi grabbed Si Won by the waist so as to prevent him from falling to the floor. But Si Won was heavier that he thought and Zhou Mi completely lost his balance. A few seconds have passed until they realized that they were on the floor. Zhou Mi began feeling the weight of Si Won on top of him. Si Won on the other hand felt Zhou Mi’s arms wrapped around him and became aware that their faces were centimeters apart. He consciously looked at Zhou Mi’s eyes and was drowned by its dark brown depth. Si Won was sure that Zhou Mi could hear and feel his racing heart because their chests were fused together. He can only follow what his heart dictated. He lowered his head and gently brushed his lips to Zhou Mi’s.

Zhou Mi can’t believe what happened. They were chatting a while ago and the next thing he knew they were on the floor as he felt Si Won’s lips touch his. He thought that it was not on purpose; that the impact of the fall only forced Si Won’s head to drop. He attempted to get up but in vain. He looked at Si Won and saw that his eyes were closed. He slowly felt gentle kisses tickling him, until he couldn’t control himself anymore.

Si Won’s surprise was evident in his eyes when Zhou Mi suddenly pushed him up, grabbed him by the shoulders and pushed him down again. It happened within seconds that he hadn’t realized at first that they’ve reversed positions. How his heart stopped when he felt Zhou Mi’s mouth on his. He was about to say something when he felt Zhou Mi’s tongue enter his mouth and explore him gently at first then with passion the next.

Zhou Mi tried to control his actions but the moment he felt Si Won open his mouth, he lost the will. He instantly knew that this man have never kissed before.  He felt Si Won’s gentle caress on his waist and neck. His mind kept telling him to stop, to not taint this innocent and beautiful youth. At the thought of Si Won’s innocence, Zhou Mi forced himself to end the kiss. With his eyes still closed he slowly raised his head, tried to compose himself and tame his hammering heart.

The moment Si Won opened his eyes, the kiss had ended and Zhou Mi hovered above him with closed eyes and flushed cheeks. He wanted to touch Zhou Mi’s eyes, his lips, his red cheeks. But as he was about to, Zhou Mi stood up and offered his hand to Si Won. He accepted the hand, stood up and faced Zhou Mi. They just stared at each other. Si Won tried to open his mouth for an explanation, while Zhou Mi stared into Si Won’s equally flushed face and mumbled incoherent apologies.

Zhou Mi laughed, dropped his hands from Si Won’s arm and stared into his eyes.

“I’m really sorry. You must think that I’m a ert. I..I..it’s just that I lost control. I’m really sorry.”

“And don’t ever do that again; seduce a man with gentle kisses.”

He winked at Si Won and smiled naughtily as he went to look outside the window.

Si Won just stood with his mouth open. He can’t find appropriate words to say even if he searched his wide vocabulary. He realized that his dream came true. He did not only met his crush, he also kissed him, touched him. One thing bothered him though. The fact that he kissed a gang member, cute or not.

--------------