When He Meets Your Parents for the First Time feat. Kai

exo one shots sometimes two shots

Out of the corner of your eye, you could see the quick jittering of his leg. He was chewing his nails again, though his eyes were plastered to the window. He hadn’t said a word since getting inside the car.

You placed a hand on his knee and, while he stopped his bobbing, he suddenly jumped in his seat. You glanced over and saw that he had whipped his head over, startled.

"Don’t be so nervous, Jongin. My parents don’t bite," you said and put your hand back on the steering wheel.

He opened his mouth as if to tell you different but seemed to decide against it at the last second. None of his concerns seemed to have left.

Giving him a curious look, you turned the car down a narrower street before speaking again. “What’s wrong? Weren’t you the one who said I shouldn’t have been scared when I met your parents? How come you’re so scared now?”

His chuckle was brief as he thought about last week, when he had brought you across town to spend a day with his parents. You had been so nervous that, on numerous occasions, you had tripped over your own two feet. Luckily, Jongin was always there to catch you but you still hated the fact that you acted so incompetent around his parents.

"But they like you," he countered. "Everyone likes you."

You went on, ignoring the compliment; it wasn’t about you today. “And why wouldn’t my parents like you?”

He leaned his chin against his hand and looked out the window again. “Not many parents like me with their daughters.”

"Oh." You your lips. It wasn’t hard to believe what he had said. Jongin was known for his past relationships and honestly, it amazed even you that the two of you were together. "Were other parents really that bad?"

He gave a shrug and slumped in his seat. “It was clear they didn’t like me. They thought I was out to bring the worst out of their daughters.”

"If you’re so worried…" you paused for a second, "then why did you insist on meeting my parents?"

You pretended not to notice the smirk on his face as he turned. No wonder parents thought he was dangerous. His charms, along with his looks, made it impossible to resist him. “You’ve met mine. I thought it was only fair to meet yours. Besides, we’ve put it off for a long time. I think it’s time for me to meet the—your parents.” He gulped nervously and turned away before mumbling, “Meet your parents.”

Now that you knew the extent of his unease, you began to get anxious, too. It wasn’t usual for your parents to dislike somebody but what if they did end up disliking Jongin?

"We’re here," you muttered, pulling into a driveway.

He took a deep breath and played with his couple ring absentmindedly, all the while staring at your house. Heaving another sigh, he opened his door and stepped out. “Let’s go.”

-

Dinner was barely halfway through and you were already embarrassed to no end. You ate slowly, hoping you didn’t choke on every weird remark that your parents and little sister made.

"Are you going to get married?" the girl asked with wide eyes while her spoon clean.

Jongin’s nervous laugh made you blush even harder. Neither of you knew how to answer her but luckily, your dad came in to save the two of you.

"How can you ask something like that?" he scolded his younger daughter playfully, dishing her another spoon of peas.

Your mom was on your sister’s side, though. “It’s an important question, is it not? You two have been dating for how long now?”

"Uh—" Jongin was interrupted by your dad again.

"Marriage isn’t necessary, I don’t think. , on the other hand…"

Your mother’s jaw dropped just as you sputtered on your drink and Jongin stared intently at his plate. Your sister let out a high-pitched giggle just as your father laughed heartily.

"Really, is that an appropriate question for the dinner table?" Your mom’s face must’ve been as red as yours but her blush was from impatience, not embarrassment.

"They’re both healthy adults and it’s a pretty important topic in my books." Your dad nudged Jongin out of his frozen-in-shock state. "Well, have you two done it?"

"I-I mean, we—um," Jongin cast you a pleading look but you didn’t know how to help him. He his lips and looked around his plate, as if the food would give him an answer.

Your sister’s shrill laughter rang out. “They’ve done it! They’ve totally done it!”

You wished you could shove the entire dinner table into .

"How do you know?" your mother asked curiously, seeming to have lost all her earlier anger.

"How do you not know?” Your sister gave you a brief but triumphant look before turning back to your mother. “Anyways, she tells me things,” the girl whispered not-so-quietly.

You didn’t think your cheeks could get any hotter at that point, not when both your parents laughed at the confession. You peeked up from your food and saw Jongin staring back with a raised eyebrow. The only thing that kept you from ducking under the table and burying your own grave was the amused twinkle in his eye.

The rest of dinner went much the same way. You found that your shoulders had begun to hurt from the way you were sinking lower and lower into your seat. Jongin offered to help with the dishes and once everything was cleaned, your parents rushed the two of you out, saying that it was better to drive home earlier than later.

You fell into the driver’s seat and took a deep breath. Looking over, you saw that Jongin actually looked quite content.

"What?" he asked when he noticed your staring.

"You know that my parents don’t hate you, right?"

The proud grin that appeared on his face made you forget the humiliating dinner for a second. “I know. They want me to marry you.”

You turned away and covered your face. “Stop reminding me. They’re so embarrassing.”

You heard his low chuckle as he brought your hands down and pulled you to face him. “Don’t you want to marry me?” he asked with a teasing curve to his lips.

"Huh?" you replied, stunned, not knowing if he was kidding around.

He shook his head and leaned in to kiss you gently. When you let out a small noise, his fingers tilted your chin to the side so he could deepen the kiss. Your fingers crawled up his chest and wrapped themselves around his neck, pulling him closer. You wouldn’t mind meeting your parents more often if it meant Jongin would kiss you like this everytime.

He loosened your hair so that it no longer sat in a high ponytail. His fingers dove in with the same ferocity that you had when you ran your hands through his dark hair. His other fingers trailed down your back, sending shivers all the way to your toes and forcing you to arch towards him.

A moment later, he pulled away with a sly but smug expression. You didn’t care that you looked the opposite of prim and proper; you merely wanted him to continue kissing you. The little pout on your face didn’t seem to convince him of your wishes, though.

"Drive," he ordered and sat back into his seat. "I don’t want your little sister to hear about how I took you on your parents’ driveway," he added and tried to hide his amusement as you flushed a bright pink. You quickly pulled out of the driveway, suddenly in a rush to get home.

—-

I’M NOT FEELIN’ IT

image