When He Sees His Daughter For the First Time feat. EXO’s Luhan

exo one shots sometimes two shots

"That’s her," you whispered, opening your daughter’s bedroom door just a crack.

It was dark in there and your husband nudged forward in an attempt to see her. You could see his intrigued expression as he poked his head inside and you decided that it was okay to turn on the lights.

He crept closer until he was sitting by her bed. As he her hair, his eyes began to get watery.

You knelt beside him and leaned on his shoulder. “She’s beautiful, isn’t she?”

"She is." he said in utter awe and then turned to kiss your forehead. “Just like her mother."

You snuggled closer, wrapping your arms around him. “Luhan, I still can’t believe you’re back.”

He sighed. “I’m never leaving again,” he told you firmly.

It had already been two years since he had enlisted, and two years since your daughter had been born. The two of you had tried everything you could to delay his leave just so he could stay for your daughter’s birthday but nothing had worked.

He had finally come home today, just after you had put your daughter to bed. You had spent an hour crying in his arms and convincing yourself that he was really home, that it wasn’t just a dream.

The two of you stayed in that room for another twenty minutes, simply watching your daughter sleep. You told him short little stories like her first words and first steps. But even through his smile, you could see how sad he was that he had missed out on these events.

After a comfortable pause of silence, Luhan reached for your hand and pulled you up. He hooked his fingers through your belt loops and tugged until you were pressed against his chest.

He kissed you again, for the millionth time that night, but the butterflies in your stomach made it feel like it was your first kiss ever. All of his kisses made you feel like that, as if you would never be able to get enough of them.

His fingers played with the hem of your sweater until they swiftly ran under to graze your bare skin. The unfamiliar touch made you stiffen.

"Not in here," you murmured, giving him a slight push towards the door.

He pulled away with a faint smile and took your hand. Turning off the lights, Luhan closed the door softly before casting you a look of feigned innocence. “Would you prefer the living room or the bedroom?”

Your face turned hot immediately in response to teasing words that you hadn’t heard in years. The proud but sly grin on his face rendered you speechless as he led you to the bedroom.

-

"Mommyyyyy."

You jerked awake and blinked in confusion. The bed was too warm and cozy to be your bed. You had never woken up this tired or…sore, yet still feeling perfectly comfortable.

A low groan erupted from behind and you gasped as a warm hand squeezed your . Tears quickly filled your eyes as you remembered the events of last night. So it really wasn’t a dream.

"Mommyyyyyy." You pushed yourself up on your elbow, much to the resistance of the arms around you, and peered over the bed. Your daughter looked up at you expectantly with a box of corn flakes in her arms. “Cereal."

At that, you felt the bed shift and saw your daughter’s look of surprise. Luhan rested his chin on your shoulder and extended his hand toward the little girl. “Good morning. Is that cereal for me?” he greeted with a chuckle.

Your daughter was unamused as she gave you a look of concern. You laughed at the way she backed off warily. “Sweetie, this is your dad.”

"She looks so much like you," Luhan commented softly as he and your daughter had a little staring contest.

You reached for her and picked her up so that she sat on the bed between the two of you. “Really? I think she’s always looked like you.”

"Cereal." Your daughter shoved the box towards Luhan and then sat back against you. You knew she had expected your husband to prove his worth as a dad by pouring her some cereal but he didn’t look ready to get out of bed.

"Thank you," he said with a bow and tipped some of the corn flakes into his hand. He dumped it into his mouth just as your daughter opened to receive it.

You rolled your eyes when he fed her a little. “Now she’s going to eat dry cereal all the time and make a mess everywhere.”

"Just like her dad, right?" he remarked, giving a small pinch to your daughter’s nose. She didn’t seem shocked but she wasn’t used to this type of affection either. After feeding her another handful, Luhan leaned in towards you. “Would you like some breakfast, too?"

You scrunched your nose and shook your head. “No thank you. Cereal’s too sweet.”

He chuckled and planted little pecks on your lips. “Then what would you like for breakfast, my dear wife?”

Your daughter interrupted his teasing by slapping his bare shoulder. The both of you looked up and saw her stretching out for Luhan’s hand. “Cereal!”

—-

sometimes i want children really bad but sometimes i don’t

image