The Plan

That Special Someone From the Café

(Your thoughts are italicized) 

-------

After about 30 minutes, Jessica finally arrives at Tiffany’s dorm to help with the project. It was already past one am when you guys decided to just pull an all-nighter. Luckily, you didn’t have class until the next day, so you could help Tiffany and sleep in. It was already six in the morning when you guys finished, half of the time spent just catching up on your drama.

“Jesssssssss.” You whipser, laying on top of a pile of papers. 

“What?” Jessica barely manages to respond.

“Let’s just leave Tiffany alone and go back to our dorm.”

“Ugh, that means I have to get up. Give me 30 minutes.” Jessica groans.

“Fine.” You say as you carefully sneak past Tiffany, who’s passed out on the ground next to her laptop, and exit her dorm.

The moment you reach your dorm, you immediately plop onto your bed and fall asleep.

Meanwhile…

“Suho, are you off today?” Jessica asks through the phone.

“Yeah, but Lay’s at class right now, and he won’t get out till four.” Suho answers.

“That’s perfect! We need to make a plan. Now.” Jessica demands. 

“Meet me up at the café.”

Later on...

You wake up at around three in the afternoon, and you see a note on your desk. It’s from Jessica.

Go to this address at 4:00. –Jess

Written underneath it was the address. You change out of your clothes and into new ones, and get ready to go leave. What is she planning, and why didn’t she tell me about this earlier? You notice that the address is another dorm complex near yours, so you decide to walk there.

“Room 304.” You say as you opened the door.

To your surprise, there was nobody there. It was pretty dim, and there was a table in the middle of the room. You heard a door open, and luckily, it’s only Jessica.

“What the heck is this?” You ask her. 

“It’s a surprise! Now sit down, ok?” Jessica motions you to sit in one of the chairs at the table. It has a couple of candles and a small vase with one flower.

“Wait, where are you going?! You can’t just leave me here!” You tell her. What's happening?!

“Don’t worry, I got this.” Jessica walks back into the door from which she entered and leaves you. You sit there in silence and take out your phone to check your text messages to pass time. You hear a couple of voices through the door and wonder whom they belong to. Suddenly, the door bursts open, and you see a hand push Lay out the door. He stumbles out and spots you sitting down at the table. 

“Oh, hey there, ____.” Lay says while sitting down in the chair across from you.

“Lay, tell me what’s happening or else I’m leaving.” You quickly respond.

“Truth is, I don’t even know what’s happening. I just got back from class and Suho forces me to clean up and wear these clothes. Then he just shoves me through the door and told me to 'wait at the table.'” Lay says.

Right after he says that, Jessica and Suho burst through the door, wearing what looks like a couple of waiter/waitress outfits. Jessica has two plates of food, and Suho’s holding a bottle of sparkling water.

“Here you go, enjoy!” Jessica says while placing the food down.

“Have fun on your date, guys.” Suho quickly places the bottle of water down, and follows Jessica back into the room. You've got to be kidding me.

“What?!” You both say in unison, but it’s too late, they already left before they could respond.

"They set us up.” Lay says.

“I’m so gonna get her when I get back to the dorm.” You whisper to yourself.

“I knew it. They were working together.”

“So what do we do now?” You ask him.

“Well, I'm going to stay here and use this time to boss Suho around. Plus, there's free food.” He responds.

“I guess I could do the same with Jessica.” You say while picking up your fork.

Turns out that Suho can cook really well, you and Jessica could never cook anything like this. You and Lay have small talk with each other. After taking advantage of Jessica and Suho numerous times, you and Lay no longer feel awkward around each other. 

“So guys, how’s the date going?” Jessica asks.

“Well, I was doing okay until I was reminded that this is a date.” You tell her.

“So you don’t want to go out with Lay?” Suho asks worriedly. Lay and Jessica stare at you, waiting for your answer. 

“No, I didn’t mean it like that! I do like him! No wait, not as in like like! Well, he’s my friend and- ugh!” You blurted out.

“So you do like him.” Jessica concludes.

“What?! I didn’t say that! I was trying to say that I’m only his friend.” You respond. Shoot, I just friendzoned him. 

“For now...” Suho speaks up before he and Jessica leave the room. You and Lay blankly stare at each other for a good five seconds before speaking up.

“Look, I don’t want you to think I hate you. It’s just that I was caught off guard when they asked me whether I like you in that way.” You tell him.

“It’s ok, I understand. But do you know what my answer would be?” Lay asks. 

“What?” You ask. Please don't say-

“Yes.”

--------

Thank you to everyone who subscribed~ I really appreciated your support!