CHAPTER 2 - 'His Wish'

LOVE STORIES : "Our Fake Relationship"

“Yuri-unnie!” Yoona waved her hand when she saw Yuri walked entered the school gate. Yuri looked surprised when Yoona called her. She then hurriedly approach Yuri. “Unnie, it’s almost late!”

“It’s very rarely you were wait me here.” Said Yuri. “Why you’re here by the way? It’s very impossible if you said you want to fetch me here.”

“Alright, alright.” Yoona let out a long sigh. “My brain seemed going to explode if I stay in class longer.” She grumbled.

Yuri nodded. Like she understand what Yoona feel now. “I know what you mean.” Said Yuri and they walked to the building. “So, there’s a victims again today?” asked Yuri playfully. She then giggled seeing Yoona’s expression.

“Humm, Tiffany.”

“I don’t wonder if it’s Tiffany. She’s really shameless.” Added Yuri.

“But, Unnie. He yelled on her in front of a lot of people. How can he do that? If I were him, I wouldn’t do that and choose to ignore her.” Yoona pouted. The scene this morning was like the scene on the morning yesterday. Always the same. The girls sit around her desk and make Yoona irritated of them.

“Hey!” shouted Yuri make Yoona shocked.

“YA, Unnie! Don’t shout like that! I have my ears well!”

“I’m sorry.” Yuri just smiled. “Yoong, isn’t Kyuhyun seat was Kangin-oppa’s?”

Yuri’s words make Yoona understand. She should do this from the beginning, so he won’t sit there. “I know what to do!” Yoona yelled and her face turned into happy.

Yuri just sighed. “Yeah, if it’s not because of me, you don’t have that idea.” Yuri scoffed. “You should told him that it was Kangin-oppa’s seat.”

“I know, Unnie.” Yoona’s face turned restless. “But, how if he mad at me like he mad at those girls? I’m afraid you know! He even more scared than Mr. Hwang. But, it still better than my Grandpa.”

“Just tell him slowly. Don’t seemed like you want to kick him away from that seat.” Yoona nodded heard what Yuri said.

“Yeah, you’re right. beside, it’s been a month Kangin-oppa didn’t entered the school because of that accident.” Yuri and Yoona nodded together.

***

Like always. In the break time and before the class begin, Yoona’s class was full of girls who want to met Kyuhyun. Yoona was wonder. What make him popular? He just a horrible cold guy.

“Oppa, you want to come to my birthday party?” asked Jessica. She’s going to celebrate her sweet-seventeen. “It will be going a VIP seat for you. And also, I was invited the famous singers.” Added Jessica. Yoona, like always just can see from a far. She choose to get away when the brea time rang, and asked Heechul for permission to sit in his seat. Yoona shooked her head. She’s too much flirting with him!

Kyuhyun was reading a book when the girls came around him, and he totalley ignored them. Yoona was found out for a week since he became the newbie. He’s rarely talking. He just talking when he needed something. Like in their first day, Kyuhyun talked with her, just asked her name.

“So, who’s your name?” he asked coldly. Like his tone was authority.

“Yoona. Im Yoona.” answer Yoona short.

“Yoona?” He raised his eyebrows.

“Why? Anything wrong?” she asked coldly. She actually was scared of him.

“No.” He shooked his head a little. “Yoona. It’s a nce name. Suits well for you who seems like a primary school student.”

Yoona was burned inside. So he want to tell me that I’m a choding? Why he didn’t said straightly? To much intermezzo! She just pouted and choose to focus on her book.

The after that little chit chat, he never talked again. He even ignored Yoona, seems like she’s transparant. And Yoona was afraid to speak with him. He thought she’s like a provocative girl. Also, Kyuhyun always forget to give back Yoona’s pens. Yoona is too afraid to ask him to give back her pens. So, Yoona just hand over and hope Kyuhyun will remember soon and give back her pens, immediately.

Kyuhyun was glance at Yoona, but she didn’t see him. They was disturb him to read his book so he should give the answer immendiately. “When it held?” he asked coldly and closed the book.

“Umm, this Saturday. So, it will be three days later.” Jessica answered enthusiasticly.

“Okay. I’ll come.” He said shortly and reading his book again.

Yoona just eavesdropped from a far. She still can heard what Kyuhyun answer ans she wonder. He’s too quiet, so why he need to attend that party?

***

“Kyuhyun!” Yoona called him when he want to left the class.

Kyuhyun turned his body and looked at her who stopped immediately when she see him stop. He showed his cold face. “What?”

“I... want to talk something...with you,”

“Is it important? I won’t talk if it’s not important.” He said.

“Oh? It’s really important, I guess.”

“Continue,” he ordered.

“So... the seat you’re occupy, actually, it was Kangin-oppa’s seat.” She said a little shivering. But, she was prepared her mental when Kyuhyun yelled at her.

“Then, where’s him?”

“Oh, he got a huge accident so he need to stay in hospital.” She answered with stiff face.

“Okay, I know what you mean.” He said and turned his body, ready to left her.

Yoona hurriedly chased him before he walked out from class. “Kyuhyun! Wait!” he suddenly stopped and make Yoona stopped run. She stopped five centimeters from him. she then hurriedly step back. Kyuhyun turned his body to face her.

“Umm, if you don’t want to move. I’ll be the one who moved. Don’t worry. Also, I will tell Kangin-oppa if his seat was occupied by someone.”

Kyuhyun just looked at her. Make her felt more scaried than before. She bowed her head, to less her fear.

“Okay, if you say so.” He finally answered. “When will you tell him?”

“Tomorrow. I will tell him,”

He nodded and finally left the class. Yoona let out sighs and rested her back on the wall near her. the scariest moment in her life, was talked with Kyuhyun.

Now she had to think where she should move. The rest empty seat was beside boys. It’s impossible if she sit beside JongHyung. He always sing everytime and anywhere. Even in the test. She know that JongHyun voice was amazing, but. She can’t concentrate to study if he always sing.

Second choice was HyunMin. As a boy, he’s talking too much. And she also can’t contretate if HyunMin always asked her to talking with her, everytime!

The last, was HanMyun. He liked to mad by himself. At first, Yoona thought he was crazy talking by himself, but now it’s more serious than before. He like to mad at everyone. So, that’s why Yoona very keep a distance from him. She don’t want he suddenly mad at her.

Yoona clicked her tounge. What should she choose? There’s no better place than her place actually. Should she sit on the floor?

***

“Yoona-ya!” Yoona felt a hard poke on her arm and she ready to mad at that person.

“Awh!” she shrieked and hurriedly got up. She caressed her arm, and rolled her eyes when she now who’s the one poked her arm. “Grandpa! What now? I’m still sleeping, okay?” she said and sighed.

“YA! Get up and make me lunch. I’m too tired work in the garden.” He said and Yoona pouted. “Don’t pout, or I take your snacks.” Yoona rolled her eyes. Since she’s on the elementary school, she was lived with her Grandpa also Sooyoung. Sooyoung mother’s was died when she five year old, and her father decide to take a job that bring him moved to the England and just go home when Christmas and new year. Yoona’s parent was on the Japan. Her Dad and Mom was worked so that’s why she choose to stay here with her Grandpa, who lived alone and Sooyoung.

Yoona finally sighed. “Why you don’t tell Kang ahjumma?” There was Grandpa’s maid in this house. She will come in the morning and go home in the evening.

“She absent today because of her son was sick.”

“Arasso, arasso.” Yoona stand up and downstairs to the kitchen.

Her Grandpa was sat on the couch in living room and watching the old film. Yoona was grumbled when she cooked in the kitchen.

TING TONG!!

“Who’s that?” asked Grandpa.

“I don’t know. If it’s Sooyoung, she won’t push the bell.” Said Yoona. she’s too focused with her cooked.

“Go open it.”

What?! Yoona shrieked inside her heart. Didn’t he know that I was cooked for him? Geez, old people. She turn the stove into the low heat, and go open the door.

“Yes?” he face suddenly become shocked when she saw who’s the guest. Kyuhyun was stand in front of her door with casual clothes and a car was parked in front of her house.

“Hi,” he greeted. Even Kyuhyun try to be nice, but his tone still the same.

“H-hi,” she replied, a little stummered.

“So, you want to visit Kangin?” he asked to the point.

“Oh, yeah. I’m still have a work to do. Maybe an hour I’ll be going there.” She said.

“Can I go with you?”

His question made Yoona surprised. She gulped and don’t what to say. “Are you burdened?” he asked again.

“I will tell Kangin-oppa if his seat was occupy by someone and I will moved, if you worry about that.” She finally said.

“It’s not what I mean.” Yoona frowned. “He’s the one I didn’t know. I was know all of our classmate, just him the one I didn’t know, and I want to acquainted with him.”

Yoona bit her lips. What should I do? “Umm...” She want to refused him, but she don’t now how to do. She finally nodded.

“Yoona-ya! Who’s there?!” shouted her Grandpa from inside.

Yoona sighed and rolled her eyes. Kyuhyun peeked inside her house. “Sorry, my Grandpa.” She said and Kyuhyun just smiled a little. Yoona looked dazed. She never seen him smile. It’s been two weeks since he moved to Seoul.

“Hey,” Grandpa was poked her shoulder. “Who’s that?” he asked and pointed at Kyuhyun.

“He’s,”

“I’m Cho Kyuhyun. Yoona’s classmates.” Kyuhyun cut off Yoona’s word and bowed his head.

“Oh! Yoona’s friend?” Grandpa looked happy when he see him. “Come on, come in!” he said and give a way. “How dare you didn’t let your friend come in?” Yoona pouted and cursed Kyuhyun of what happened.

“It’s very rarely Yoona bring her friend to come home. It’s always Yuri who always come here.” Said Grandpa friendly. “So, what bring you here, boy?”

“We’re going to visit our friend in hospital.” He said and glance at Yoona.

“You’re going to visit your friend? Why you didn’t tell me earlier? I wouldn’t ask you to make my lunch.”

“Gwenchana, Grandpa. I’m okay.” She said and back to the kitchen.

“So, how long you have been friend with my Granddaughter?”

“It’s been two weeks. I just moved from Japan and transferred into her school, then we’re being seatmates.” Kyuhyun answered and smiled.

Yoona was grumbled in the kitchen. Luckily, the soup is done and she just need prepared the dining room. Her Grandpa has own menu when lunch, and breakfast.

“Granpa, it’s done. You can eat now.” she told her Grandpa, then changed her gaze to Kyuhyun. “You wait here. I’ll change my clothes.” She said coldly and upstairs.

There’s no sounds in Kyuhyun’s car. He just focused to drive and Yoona looked out from the window. She regret of her answer. She should refused him at first.

“Didn’t we should turn left?” asked Yoona and turned her head fast to Kyuhyun.

“I just went there, yesterday.” He said plainly.

“What?!” Yoona’s eyes widen. He lied to me?

“Sorry. I asked Eunhyuk about Kangin and go see him yesterday.” He said. Explain all even just a short words.

“Why you didn’t tell me earlier? Then, why you asked me out?” she crossed her arms in front of her chest.

“So, you won’t go out with me? You want going home?”

Yoona frowned. What he mean actually? At first, he said he’s sorry, but he suddenly mad? “What you mean exactly?” she asked and frowned.

Kyuhyun just silent. He didn’t answered Yoona’s question. “Kyuhyun?” she called him, but no answer. He keep his eyes on the road and ignored Yoona. She need to do something. “YA! Kyuhyun-ah! If you want to speak, I’ll going to jump from this car!” she threatened him.

Kyuhyun took a deep breath and stopped the car in the road-side. Luckily, the road were not crowded. Under the tree, he stopped his car. He keep silent. Even Kyuhyun’s face was plainly when she threatened him.

Yoona snorted. She just rested her back and crossed her arms. Not looking at him and she waiting what he going to say.

Finally, Kyuhyun opened his mouth. Maybe, he realize that he need her help so he’s the one who should talk and ask her. “Last time, I have been had a girlfriend.” He said. “She, she likes to go picnic in tea garden.”

Yoona frowned. She didn’t looking at him. She just listened. She wondered, why Kyuhyun told her his story?

“A-and I... I like to racing and driving fast, with my motorcycle.”

Kyuhyun silent after said those words. Yoona frowned more again. she’s really don’t know the relationship with girlfriend, tea garden, and racing.

“Th-then?” she asked slowly and carefully.

“She like tea garden so I asked her to go there.”

“Ow!” Yoona’s mouth shaped ‘O’. Actually, she’s really don’t know what he mean. She just acted like she’s looked sympathy to him. “I guess she like it.” she added.

“I don’t know,”

“Huh?” Yoona frowned. “How could you don’t know?”

“Because, because...” Kyuhyun gulped. “I can’t ask her again.”

“Why? You two broke up?” Yoona raised his eyebrows.

“N-no.” He shooked his head and said softly. “We’re not broken up. She’s...she’s...”

“She’s what?”

Kyuhyun sighed. “She’s died.”

Yoona jaw dropped heard what Kyuhyun’s said. “What you mean actually?”

Kyuhyun looked outside the window and took a deep breath. She can see his face has more soften than before.

“In tea garden. In mountain side... we’re ride motorcycle. That time I was racing fastly. I like to race and Seohyun know it well. She said, ‘Let’s we challenge the wind!’ at that time. At it make me increase the speed. It was rained heavily that time, and I can’t saw properly. The fog we’re start to surround us. She keep said that she’s alright and asked me to increase the speed. But,”

Kyuhyun stopped. Yoona’s eyes was locked on him. She can’t turn to other direction. She’s too focused hear his story. Yoona realize Kyuhyun’s voice change, since he told her from the start.

“I’m too careless, and I bumped the safety hedge. She... Seohyun was threw away almost one hundred meters. We found out she’s lying on the ground with big trees around her, and she...” Kyuhyun’s hand gripped the steering wheel tightly. “She’s coma and died. I was killed her, in her favorite place!”

Yoona jaw dropped. She saw a tears from Kyuhyun’s eyes. A tears from boys, the creature who forbidden to cry, or let out a tears, it means that the burden he take resposibility we’re heavy. The guilty keep haunted him and make him hate himself. And he can’t avoid with any ways. Except, try to peace with the guilty. Try to forget, or just let it flow and have to realize that it was happened.

Yoona hold Kyuhyun shoulder with doubtful feeling. “Kyu,” she said softly. “It was happened. I didn’t said that you should forget it. Just... it was the reality. Detsiny. You’re just being the mediator.”

“But, if that day I didn’t asked her to go out, will she died? It’s not right? Even we were went there, and I didn’t racing fastly, she won’t died right, Yoong? Not right? It’s not the destiny wrong! I AM!” he shouted.

Yoona confused and scared. He suddenly like a beast. He even shouted at Yoona who didn’t know what happened actually.

“Kyu, listen.” She keep try to told him patiently. “You’re not wrong. But, it’s,”

“How you said it’s not mine?” he yelled. “I’m the one wrong! I was wrong!”

“Yeah, yeah!! You’re wrong! Very very wrong!” Yoona finally tired to told him patiently. She finally, blamed on him.

“I know the weather was not good that day, but I keep asked Seohyun to go out. Our family was forbidden us to go to mount side. But, I’m too stubborn to hear them!”

“Right! You’re the one wrong!” Yoona added. “You know the weather is very dangerous and why you keep going?! See? You’re be the one who wrong now.”

Kyuhyun’s head drooped on steering wheel and he covered his face with his palms. Yoona trying to calm. She’s going to said softly,  slowly, and also the scared feeling keep haunted her. She afraid if he yelled at her again.

“Kyu,” she said softly. “Seohyun’s old were just until that day. Her death were decide by God. The way she died, and you’re the mediator. How much you’re complain, that accident was happened right? You prayed and begged to God for a milion times, she won’t live again.”

“But,”

“Kyu.” Yoona cut Kyuhyun’s words. “If you yelled and shouted like this, I’ll going to died.”

Kyuhyun looked up and streched his back. He looked at Yoona and she was sat far and her back was stuck on the door.

“Oh my, Yoong! I’m so sorry!” he pulled Yoona and hugged her tightly.

Yoona shocked and her body stunned. She cursed Kyuhyun inside her heart. How dare him suddenly hug me? He even shouted and yelled at me. Now, he hug me?! Yoona can hear her heart beat faster. “Oh-umm, it’s okay. There’s not a story about a died person because of someone shouted and yelled at him/her.” she hurriedly released her body or her heart will going to beat faster five times than before.

“I’m sorry, Yoong. I didn’t realize it.”

“Gwenchana. I’m okay.” She tried to smiled.

Kyuhyun put his head on the steering wheel again. He looked more frustated with the problem he had. She never know if he had this serious problem. Yoona choose to silent, truthfully, she still try to calmed her heart. It’s suddenly beating faster.

“It’s out secret, Yoong.” He suddenly said and looked up. Looking at her. Yoona felt pity when she saw Kyuhyun’s face. “Don’t tell anyone if you ever saw me cry.” Yoona nodded. “That’s the reason why I acted cold and harsh to a girls. I don’t want there’s a girl around me anymore.”

Yoona nodded. “I know,” She mumbled inside her heart. What he did saw me actually? What am I look like? I’m a girl too, and he said that he don’t want there’s a girl around him? “So, who’s the one should move?” she asked.

“Huh? Move?”

“Hu-um. Who’s the one should move? Me or you? But, it’s better if you’re the one move. You’re the one got trouble.”

Kyuhyun frowned. “Why the one between us hould move?”

“You said you don’t want if there’s a girl around you. I’m a girl too. Did you think my face like Eunhyuk-oppa?”

Kyuhyun just laughed and Yoona frowned.  He know what I mean or not actually? His face become serious after he laughed.

“Jessica’s birthday party, you want to come?” he suddenly asked.

“I don’t know. Why?” Yoona shrugged her shoulders.

“Let’s we come there. I’ll fetch you, okay?” Yoona just quiet and Kyuhyun looked at her with guilty feeling.

“Yoona, I’m really sorry for this. But, I really really need your help. If we come together, people might think there’s something between us. And I hope the girls would stay away from me. I’m too tired looked them around. Every morning, and lunch they always around me. Also, I’m too tired answered their question about this and that. Like Jessica, Tiffany, Hyoyeon, and others. My head is really going to explode!”

Yoona were dumbfounded. She don’t know what to feel. Happy or sad? She can feel her heart beat faster that time.

“But, the risks is too big, Kyu.” She said softly.

“You have a boyfriend?” he asked. Looked surprised. “Or... there’s a boy you’re fall in love?”

Yoona hurriedly shooked her head. “It’s not what I mean...”

“If they thought we’re real, it’s good right?” He stared at Yoona. “Or, you won’t?”

Yoona took a deep breath in silent. “It’s not like that. Just...”

“It just fake, Yoong. We’re just pretend like we have something between us. If someday there’s a boy you like... you can go!”

Kyuhyun take her hands and gripped it, make Yoona shocked. “Please, Yoong?” he looked at her eyes. She gulped and looking at his face. “I give everything to you. You can say anything and I just say yes. You can say we’re boyfriend and girlfriend, you can say I was liked you, anything! And I will just say yes!”

Yoona stared at that face. She don’t know why she can’t refused his wish. “O-okay,” she said softly and nodded. Her shoulders shrugged down. Think positive of this Yoong! No one can dare around him, and I’m going be the one who closed with him. Even for a while and didn’t have any relationship.