Chapter 3

Don't Touch Me

A chilly breeze swept over me and I looked at the sky, the sun was not in sight on this day. I looked downwards at my dark jeans and light top. “Bipolar weather we have today.” A voice called. I looked over and Taehyung stood there as handsome as ever. He waved at me. “Why’d you call me out so early?” He questioned.

 

It’s been a month since the librarian’s death. A new librarian has already come as a replacement. Other than me the students have moved on from the death. As if it’s never happened.

 

“Let’s go on a date.” I smiled. Taehyung was a little surprised at my word choice. “I need to get my mind off things.” He gave me a meek look then smiled brightly, but shortly after it fell. “What?”

“Something is really bothering you.” He said softly. I looked away then gave a short laugh. “Don’t lie to yourself SaeYoung.” I frowned at him.

“Can we not?” I said with a tired sigh. Taehyung went over grabbed my arm, I was shocked cause I had thought he was going to grab my hand. “Where are we going?” I asked as he started to pull me. He was just quiet as we continued to walk down the street under the dark sky.

 

We stood in front of the hospital building rumored where Mrs. Han died. I stared at the ceiling as a heart wrenching feeling ran through my body. Taehyung put his hand on my shoulder. “Let’s go visit her child.” He smiled softly. I looked at him. “Should we not?”

“I don’t know any more Taehyung…” I whispered. “To know that she…” He just smiled softly. I understood that smile a lot more than I did when we first met. My heart warmed and I straightened my shoulder with a nice breath. “Okay. Let’s go.” I took a step forward with Taehyung right behind us.

 

There were babies in their little beds. I had thought these were all babies that have lost their mothers. Some had no fathers to care for them as well. Like this one. I stepped in front of what I had assumed was InSu.

“How can you tell that one is Mrs. Han’s??? “ Taehyung asked me curiously. I stared at the baby and the baby looked over at me. He wasn’t sleeping like the rest of the babies.

“It has her mindset and her eyes.” I said quietly. The nurse was staring at me and then went over to Taehyung.

“Was she close with Mrs. Han?” The nurse asked Taehyung who was quietly in the background, his eyes only on me.

“I- yeah…” Taehyung smiled nodding his head. “She was.” The nurse nodded then heard the baby laughing. “Seems like InSu already likes her.”

“InSu?” She questioned. “Is that his name?” Taehyung nodded his head and the nurse smiled happily. “That’s great. We didn’t have his name registered yet. Thank you.” Taehyung nodded his head again then felt her pat his back. “Why don’t you go over to your girlfriend?”

“She’s not my girlfriend.” He gestured honestly. She just nodded his head and went over to me. Taehyung put his hands in his pocket with a sigh and followed.

“InSu… InSu….” I smiled as I tickled his stomach.  He just continued to laugh. I laughed with him as the nurse came by. “Oh sorry for the intrusion.”

“Don’t worry about it.” The nurse smiled back kindly. “We haven’t seen him laugh since he was born.” I was quite surprised. “He’s grown fond of you.” She leaned down and brought him into her arms. “Would you like to hold him?” I was hesitant but Taehyung patted my back. I nodded my head holding my arms out.

InSu was smiling once he was in my arms. Laughing an adorable laugh I smiled. Taehyung leaned over my shoulder and noticed my expression. His arm went up, I knew that signal. I had done that when I was born. He wanted to hold his mom’s hand. I was quiet thinking. I’m going to know his death. His death could be soon. Do I really wish to know? Taehyung stared at my expression then placed his hand into InSu’s.

As he did, InSu looked at the unfamiliar man. He was questioning if he was a stranger or not. “I’m her friend.” Taehyung said in a baby friendly voice. InSu soon started to laugh and Taehyung chuckled. “What an adorable baby.” I nodded my head. I was quiet before placing my hand up. The baby didn’t think twice as he pulled his hand away from Taehyung and placed both his hands on top of mine.

 

His image immediately disappeared. His image… there was no image.

 

“SaeYoung?” I looked at Taehyung. “Is something wrong?” I shook my head and looked back at InSu who was suddenly asleep. I handed him back into the nurse’s arms.

“Will you coming back soon?” She asked. I nodded my head and turned my body to the door. “Thank you for coming.” She said honestly.

“Thank you for letting me see him.” I bowed and left with Taehyung coming by.

 

Taehyung walked ahead and I followed him until we reached a café. “What would you like?” He asked curiously. “My treat!” I stared at him then waved my arm that he can choose for me. He nodded his head and I headed towards a seat for two.

 

I thought back to not only an hour ago. InSu’s death. Does he not die yet? Is he too young for me to see it? Or maybe his death is so far that I can’t? I remembered accidently touching other people’s hands back in middle school. Some had blank images as well. Min has grabbed my hand a million times. Yet I have not seen how she was going to die. Maybe I can only see their deaths if it’s going to happen within a short period of time. Maybe months’ time, or days, maybe even minutes, so that means if their blank they won’t die for a while. For years maybe…

 

“SaeYoung strawberry frappe for you and hot chocolate for me.” He smiled holding two drinks in one hand, a bag in the other. “I also got stuff like donuts and well yeah.” He said making me give a small smile. “Hey what’s wrong? You’ve been out of it since we left the hospital.” He leaned over. “Do you miss InSu?”

“I do actually.” I stretched my arms over to grab the frappe. “He’s just adorable that’s all.” I smiled weakly.

“Something else in on your mind.” He stared at me. “You’re confused about something.” I looked away.

“Stop reading my face.” I murmured causing Taehyung to laugh. I looked out the window sipping my drink when I heard a click I looked back. Taehyung had a camera in his arms. It was just a small compact camera. “When did you have that?”

“I always keep one with me” He smiled. I was slightly creed out then I sighed. “Here try a scone.” He said handing me one. I took it from the tips trying not to touch his hand and he frowned. “I don’t have germs!” He said out suddenly. “I’m not diseased.”

“Where is this coming from?” I asked taking a small bite into the scone. “Wow this is good.” I said to myself.

“You held InSu’s hands!”

“Wow you’re jealous?” I said taking another bite. Then I laughed waving my hand. “Just kidding…” The words faded in my mouth when I noticed his slight red cheeks. My cheeks suddenly went red and I looked away. Then hearing another click I gaped. “Hey!” His cheeks were still red and I frowned slightly. “Such a weirdo.”

“After this let’s go somewhere.” He smiled sipping on his hot chocolate now that it’s cooled a bit. I stared at him curiously as I finished the last of my scone. “Want another?”

“Sure.” I nodded my head. He reached into the bag and pulled out another and one for himself of course. As I brought the scone to my lips I questioned. “Go where?” He smiled brightly bringing the scone to his mouth.

 

“On that date of course.”

 

============

I really hope you enjoyed this update. Like I said in the..1st or second chapter. This is going to be a short story. 

Please Comment and Subscribe! 

Annyeong~

P.s I noticed you assume Taehyung has the same power as SaeYoung. That's not the case. You'll just have to wait and see if there really is a reason. :)